Yamaha FZ-09 - european street rally version

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was lucky enough to test ride a brand new orange FZ 09 last Friday. Less than a mile on it so I was very careful with the slick new tires but, oh my, did I have fun for quick 5 mile run, some of it over the speed limit, Excuse me, officer, I was just funning around and it just jumped away on me. That is an excellent bike, a bit small for my 6' 2" height, but I had a major grin on my face when I handed the key back. Incredible light handling, and great torque. I wish I had one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I am recovering from an operation, 4 months ago, 5 new throttle bodies to my heart. A wake up call to buy that new light weight bike to whip through the corners in the mountains (Windy Ridge). I am so happy that Yamaha heard my prayers and came out with the FZ-09, now I don't have to spend even more money on the Street Triple R. I got one on Saturday, but have only rode it home. Spent all day today on the FJR at 28-46 temps so it was a good idea not to ride the FZ. This is what it looks like, as if you guys didn't know what the red ones look like. Looking to a fix a top box, heated grips, and an electrical outlet to run my tank bag with a gps and radar detector. Simple, actually not much different than the FJR. Maybe an outlet for heated clothing if the stator will allow:
P1070067_800.jpg
what windscreen is that?

Last edited by a moderator: