Yamaha Gave me a FREE IPAD 2 !

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woo Hoo :yahoo: I received a phone call today from Cypress, CA. It was Mama Yamaha Customer Service providing some real service. Seems I filled out one of those customer survey forms back in November about a month after I purchased my FJR. Unknown to me I was automatically registered to win a free Ipad 2 courtesy of Yamaha! The call was to tell me that I was a lucky winner.
You'll never use it. Send it along to me....I need a new kickstand pad! :lol:

Man...I never win nothing!!
I disagree...you won life's lottery! You COULD have wound up looking like...............oh, never mind! :p

IMAG0354.jpg

Woo Hoo :yahoo: I received a phone call today from Cypress, CA. It was Mama Yamaha Customer Service providing some real service. Seems I filled out one of those customer survey forms back in November about a month after I purchased my FJR. Unknown to me I was automatically registered to win a free Ipad 2 courtesy of Yamaha! The call was to tell me that I was a lucky winner. Of course I thought it was a hoax until the kind young lady gave me a phone number to one of the customer service managers. I called him and he said Yep you won! He will be shipping it out next week via Fedex! I told him thanks and that now I have one of their great bikes and a new toy too! Guess what Mama is getting for her birthday next month! :pooh_birth_day:
Damn. Nice luck.

Technically, you always win nothing.

But you knew that, right? :unsure:
This forum is to discuss the Yamaha FJR1300 and the issues surrounding the FJR1300 community.
Here Here! :clapping:
https://www.phrases.o...ngs/178100.html Oh for Petey's sake Wheatie, that saying is Hear Hear: NOT Here Here! Did you happen to go to the same High School as HotRodZilla, for crying out loud!
Its neck and neck. Which one will win this week's grammar police award, Fred or Don?

The winner will be the first one (of the finalists) to post the solution to this question: where is the mistake in this post?

Technically, you always win nothing.

But you knew that, right? :unsure:
This forum is to discuss the Yamaha FJR1300 and the issues surrounding the FJR1300 community.
Here Here! :clapping:
https://www.phrases.o...ngs/178100.html Oh for Petey's sake Wheatie, that saying is Hear Hear: NOT Here Here! Did you happen to go to the same High School as HotRodZilla, for crying out loud!
Its neck and neck. Which one will win this week's grammar police award, Fred or Don?

The winner will be the first one (of the finalists) to post the solution to this question: where is the mistake in this post?
I'm probably not supposed to blurt out the answer, but I know where the error is. It's killing me not to just say it; however, I'll let it go until either Don or Fred post something up.

(Haha...Notice the clue there??)

The first error in your post is the very first word. In the contraction of the words it and is the second letter i should be substituted by an apostrophe (i.e. It's). People get that wrong all of the time. The second error is in not capitalizing the first letter when beginning a complete clause after a colon. I'm guessing that you may not have been aware of that fox paws.

So what do I win?

Maybe my calculations are wrong..........

Buy a new FJR-(That qualifies me to be a part of this elite "FJR Community")

+

Receive and fill out a survey from the company that produces the motorcycle for the ELITE "FJR Community"

+

Receive a phone call from ANYONE at Yamaha (should be of interest to the elite in the "FJR Community")

+

Get anything for free because I bought an FJR (which is obviously a BADGE for this elite "FJR Community")

= This forum is to discuss the Yamaha FJR1300 and the issues surrounding the FJR1300 community

No wonder these type of forums are on the decline......

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure what you are trying to say. We all think it is great that you got your free iPad. We all wish we were so lucky.

Are you upset because we hijacked your thread? I'm not sure what was left to discuss about your good fortune.

FWIW - I don't believe that these types of forums are on the decline. Read through this forum and let me know how it is no good anymore.

+

Receive and fill out a survey from the company that produces the motorcycle for the ELITE "FJR Community"

+

Receive a phone call from ANYONE at Yamaha (should be of interest to the elite in the "FJR Community")

+

Get anything for free because I bought an FJR (which is obviously a BADGE for this elite "FJR Community")

= This forum is to discuss the Yamaha FJR1300 and the issues surrounding the FJR1300 community

Your bolded quote was from another thread where as usual, we took it way off track. Pretty sure you knew that and are just trying to stir the shit.

If not, your gonna have a hard time here being both dense and thin skinned.

+

+

+

Your molded quote was from another thread where as usual, we took it way off track. Pretty sure you knew that and are just trying to stir the shit.

If not, your gonna have a hard time here being both dense and thin skinned.

HotRodZilla you can now stand down, for BeemerDonS has just now called out:.... the Wambulance for The OP!!!!

wambulance_logo.jpg

wambulance.gif

Whambulance.gif

waahmbulance.jpg

rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

The first error in your post is the very first word. In the contraction of the words it and is the second letter i should be substituted by an apostrophe (i.e. It's). People get that wrong all of the time. The second error is in not capitalizing the first letter when beginning a complete clause after a colon. I'm guessing that you may not have been aware of that fox paws.

So what do I win?
Fred, you got the error, although I can't imagine what possessed me to start a grammar argument here on the forum. The "capitalization after colon" thing is debatable, though. I didn't learn it that way and your post sent me off on a Google hunt, where I found lots of opinions. Most agree it's not black-and-white, but apparently your school of thought is bigger than mine in American English. Anyway, I was going for the "it's."

What do you win? An IPAD 2! Congratulations. Contact Fjrrrr. He's got it.