Yamaha Logos

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you thought all those pianos, keyboards, drum sets and other musical instruments just fell out of the coconut tree? I wonder how many motorcyclists know how late "bikes" came to the company as opposed to the musical side?

I always thought it represented that Yamaha clunk into 1st gear....ah music to my ears! :rolleyes:

True or false. Yamaha Corporation is vastly larger than Honda Corp. I read on a site sometime back, but didn't know if it were fact.

Yamaha has always been much larger even when they started out as bicycle manufacturers.

[SIZE=14pt]First Yamaha[/SIZE]

Yamaha.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]First Honda[/SIZE]

Honda-465x284.jpg

One should also know that the sound board technology that Yamaha developed for their piano frames, that affords great strength and light weight cast aluminum, is the same technology that is used for these wonderfully light and stiff frames that we enjoy on our bikes today.

And the music of an inline four down shifting coming into a corner then howling out of it, well the tuning forks say it all.

Enjoy amigos!!

Someone came on here a while back and tried to explain (leg pull) that the music side had tuning fork logos pointing in and the motor side had them pointing out... Think about it. ^_^

Someone came on here a while back and tried to explain (leg pull) that the music side had tuning fork logos pointing in and the motor side had them pointing out... Think about it. ^_^
The logos IS typically rotated differently between musical and motor products. They use a faster glue on the motorcycles!

:yahoo:

What am I missing? The link that explains the origin of the tuning fork symbol clearly says the founder worked on medical equipment and the need to repair organs. How does that fit with musical instruments? :huh:

What am I missing? The link that explains the origin of the tuning fork symbol clearly says the founder worked on medical equipment and the need to repair organs. How does that fit with musical instruments? :huh:

It fits because an organ IS a musical instrument. You know like a piano. :headbonk:

Kind of as an aside, being a musician I own some Yamaha instruments/equipment, but being a Yamaha motorcycle owner I wanted some decent t-shirts and other wearables declaring my loyalty to the brand. Never liked any of the stuff offered at the Yamaha dealer. Discovered on the Yamaha music equipment site that they have some nice T-shirts, hats and other wearables with the Yamaha logo. I have a few now and wear them often while motorcycling. If anyone is interested, you can check them out here:

https://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA/Catalo...PRODUCT,00.html

It fits because an organ IS a musical instrument. You know like a piano. :headbonk:

Hook, Line , and Sinker Coop...I love trolling!! ;)

Actually, I was poking some fun at the Yamaha symbol explanation for using the word "medical" instead of "musical".

You also must know that all of Yamaha drum hardware is made in the motorcycle factory.

I work for a Yamaha piano dealer and full line Music Store. I see those Yamaha triple tuning forks all day long

Kind of as an aside, being a musician I own some Yamaha instruments/equipment, but being a Yamaha motorcycle owner I wanted some decent t-shirts and other wearables declaring my loyalty to the brand. Never liked any of the stuff offered at the Yamaha dealer. Discovered on the Yamaha music equipment site that they have some nice T-shirts, hats and other wearables with the Yamaha logo. I have a few now and wear them often while motorcycling. If anyone is interested, you can check them out here:
https://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA/Catalo...PRODUCT,00.html
Just some fyi...there is a distinct difference in the Yamaha musical and motorcycle logos in that on the musical logo the tuning forks do not touch the outer circle but on the motorcycle logo the tuning forks do touch the outer circle.

Either one is good enough for me and the apparel you pointed to are neato. I just might order some. We purchased our daughter a Yamaha flute for band and it sure seems like a quality built instrument. Know some people that have their pianos and they are happy with them.

Just some fyi...there is a distinct difference in the Yamaha musical and motorcycle logos in that on the musical logo the tuning forks do not touch the outer circle but on the motorcycle logo the tuning forks do touch the outer circle.
You're absolutely right! I never noticed that before. It's a small difference, but it's definately there. I'll still wear my Yamaha music logo t-shirt proudly while riding my FJR. :D

You're absolutely right! I never noticed that before. It's a small difference, but it's definately there. I'll still wear my Yamaha music logo t-shirt proudly while riding my FJR. :D
I also would wear either one, it's still YAMAHA. :D Makers of fine motorcycles and musical instruments.

The FJR being the finest!! :p

Music is my life. I have an undergrad degree in music and a master's degree as well. I play a Yamaha bass guitar. the best bass I've ever played. My church has a full size Yamaha grand which has a much fuller sound and better keyboard action than the infamous Steinway piano. I also played Yamaha baritones in college. top notch in sound, maintenance, and performance. And, of course, I own the best bike out there - an 03 FJR 1300.

Bottom line, if Yamaha's name is on it, expect the best!

BC