yamaha offering incentives to purchase new bike

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nubfjr

Reaction score
i see yamaha is offering some incentives to trade up. I have a 2006 fjr, considering this. They'll give you 500 bucks on top of your trade-in along with $1,000 cash back and a pretty decent finance rate (3.99% for 3 years).

Definitely considering this. Looks like they offer it through 3/31

Must be a 'y'all' thing? Don't see any deals up here.

Anyway, my '04 is good for at least another ten years. By then I'll be on an electric scooter - or in an urn
smile.png

Al.

If you hang out in this forum for ten years every part on your fjr will be changed out if you follow the lemmings. "oh, this bearing is dirty.....better change it and let everyone on the forum know that they will crash if they don't change this bearing out".

jsns.....bite me beemer.

I think hope the $500 extra trade in applies though. At least that;'s what my dealer said. I'll find out this month when my '13 FJR comes in.

At the motorcycle show in Long Beach I signed up for a test ride.

Last week I received a mailer from Yamama offering me a 24 month YES... Free if I purchase a 2013.

Picking up my 2012 tomorrow.

Yamaha gave me a $500 voucher to bring to my dealer for extra trade in allowance.

The 500 customer cash (I couldnt find $1000 anywhere) is fantastic, but keep in mind, while you are shopping, that most dealers, unless they are posting the MSRP, have already taken that amount off of their advertised "sale price" (i.e. mine was advertised for 12500, and when I asked for the 500 cash back to be used against the sale price, they told me it already was accounted for in that price.) I am still quite happy with that...as they did let me use the $500 coupon too :)

So on top of my dealer giving me a great price to begin with(that included the $500 cash back already), I got $500 in addition to my trade in with the coupon printed from the Yamaha Wesite.

Keep in mind... even though it is called a trade allowance.. it does not reduce your sales tax like your actual trade in value does... what I mean by that is... they take your trade in off the price of the bike, then figure the sales tax... they dont do this with the 500 trade allowance... it does not reduce your sales tax like the trade in does... its more like a credit against the final price.

Again.. still very happy with that :)

I don't get it.

Now that the '13's are out, the '12's should be a whole lot more than $1k discounted.

And it isn't real hard to get money at 4% interest these days, especially on a secured loan. I don't see where they are doing anyone any big favors here.

Last edited by a moderator:
times are tough, that's the best they can do? who knows...remember they're recovering from a Tsunami have to give them some slack

see what honda is charging for a new ST1300? over 18 grand! the bike hasnt' been touched since 2004....they're pricing themselves right out of the market

Yeah, well... I don't have to give them anything. And that's a pretty sure bet, considering these special deals.

Honda wants to sell their 700's and 500's now, not the old ST13. That's what the bidness skhool marketeers are banking (their jobs) on.

Meanwhile, folks are looking at other brands to drop their hard earned US bux on.

Yeah, well... I don't have to give them anything. And that's a pretty sure bet, considering these special deals.
Honda wants to sell their 700's and 500's now, not the old ST13. That's what the bidness skhool marketeers are banking (their jobs) on.

Meanwhile, folks are looking at other brands to drop their hard earned US bux on.
It is worth noting that Honda does not list a 2013 ST1300. Nor did they list one for 2011. They just sold the excess from the previous model year production. And you did not hear about any "shortage" of new ST1300s either. If Honda wants to stay competitive, they better come up with a decent remake.

My dealer had the 2013 fjr on sale for 14500 (msrp is 15,890) and had mine(the 2012) for sale at 12,500 (15,590msrp), so I saw $2000 less there for the older model total. (the $500 rebate which was included is my price, is only on the 2012 and older leftovers)

Of course.. traction control, cruise, led turns, and new plastics might be worth the $2000 difference to some...I thought long and hard on that... but decided it was not worth it to me.

The 500 trade credit was on either year.

So... I saved 2500 total, 2000 of that was due to purchasing the 2012 leftover as opposed to the 2013.

I got a secured loan for it from my local bank for 1.9 for 48 months... so shop your banks before just jumping on thier finance offer.

Yamaha's current offer is 3.9 for 36 months..very nice, but I will pay 300 less in interest to boot.

I feel the dealer may have sweetend my trade in as well due the fact i bought the 2012...but can't confirm that.

i see yamaha is offering some incentives to trade up. I have a 2006 fjr, considering this. They'll give you 500 bucks on top of your trade-in along with $1,000 cash back and a pretty decent finance rate (3.99% for 3 years).
Definitely considering this. Looks like they offer it through 3/31
Since the US dollar is getting stronger vs the yen I would not be surprised to see more rebates this year.