Yamaha prices - SHOCKED

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First, look at the oil filter info on <motorcycleinfo.calsci.com>.

Second, select an appropriate brand and model.

Third, take the brand and model number, AND one of your new crush washers to a nearby autoparts store.

Last, match-up the washer with their supply, and buy several washers and filters.

Oh yeah, remember to smile and wave when you ride past the Yamaha dealer.

pete

Stopped by my closest Yamaha dealer yesterday after a nice ride to get ready to put the bike up for the winter.

1 OEM oil filter, 4 OEM crush washers (oil plug, pumpkin plug) filter $17.27, washers $1.88 ea tax $3.22 total $28:blink: .

I asked for a quote for the first valve clearance check - $400 if OK, could be upto $800 if it needs shims.

Are Yamaha parts made from gold or should I change my avatar to a lollipop?

I saw a TV interview with a Skidoo dealer in Minesota whose prices were very low versus Manitoba prices. He said Bombardier, which makes them in Canada yet, ordered him not to sell to Canadians. He said "I guess you guys are getting screwed, but you're used to it"

Wait till next year with our higher taxes! The dealers are nuts sometimes!

[snip] I asked for a quote for the first valve clearance check - $400 if OK, could be upto $800 if it needs shims.
I was recently given a $1190 quote for the 30k service for our Kawasaki 1400GTR (Concours) which is about twice what a service normally costs; the increase was due to the valve clearance check. It would have been more if the shims had needed changing.

Perhaps Yamaha prices aren't so bad? (Although the current price of Yamaha motorcycles in the UK would make a lie of that statement).

Kevin