Yamaha Top box to match graphite AE

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auron

FJRForums' Red-headed stepchild
Reaction score
Did they ever make a color matching top box for the 2009 AE? If so where the heck do you find one for a good price?

Yes they did. You can only find one from Yamaha or someone selling that particular one. I think that'll be hard to find. Try finding any one from any year on line and send it to Gerauld. He'll make it match. I think that's the cheapest way to go unless you wanna pop for the original. It's not Cheap! Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's Garauld mister... ;)

I do have some Colorrite graphite paint here...
Sorry Garauld! I keep trying to remember how to spell but, I'm too lazy to stop typing and look it up. Either way, you're still Da Man!! :clapping:

Did they ever make a color matching top box for the 2009 AE? If so where the heck do you find one for a good price?
I picked up a NOS '09 touring trunk in titanium for my '09 AE off of a dealer on eBay for around $350 a month or so ago, along with the padded back rest. That would be your best bet. Note that you'll also have to buy a trunk mounting plate (goes on the rear rack) as well.

One thing I didn't realize is that you have to drill the trunk to mount the factory padded backrest (for the pillion). A little nerve-wracking to drill holes in a brand-new trunk, but using the supplied aluminum bushing/guide made it easier, along with using my Makita cordless driver to get the bolts into the backrest from inside the trunk (was difficult to impossible manually due to slight misalignment and the unwieldiness of the trunk). I also installed the original spare lock that came with my FJR, so the same key works in everything.

My top box is stored in the factory cardboard in the garage until I need it.