Yamaha Zumo and 2610 mount

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I prefer this short mount from Techmount 10998M that replaces the steering stem nut . The Zumo is right below the speedo and looks great on the bike. Thanks to spunkmyer for answering my original ? and leading me to this.

P2070530.jpg

P2070529.jpg

See more here: https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...t=0&start=0

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
I prefer this short mount from Techmount 10998M that replaces the steering stem nut . The Zumo is right below the speedo and looks great on the bike. Thanks to spunkmyer for answering my original ? and leading me to this.
Steve
Thanks for the reply. I found what i was looking for and was able to order it from England. Should be here in a week or so. I had looked at the Techmount thats available but wanted to try this Yamaha mount to get the GPS as low as possible to avoid my tankbag. I found more info hereYamaha mount

I had never even thought of having a GPS on a bike before but a recent trip to Germany using a C510 on a rented BMW made me think more about it. I looked at the ZUMO and would love one but the price keeps me from buying it (and a new baby). I picked up an old 2610 for $125 to see if the GPS on the bike is for me.

Chris

I never thought I'd want a GPS either until I started riding with the Goldwing guys.

They all had them and we'd go ride and stop to eat somewhere and another winger from across the country would stop and join us. I'd say "how did you know we were here?" and they'd say they called another rider got the name of the restaurant and they just entered it into the GPS and it took them there.

That's when I started thinking it would be great to have one. Also I like to just go get lost then have it take me home.

When I got my Zumo I was suprised that its more like and electronic yellow pages with built in directions. It will take you to parks/shopping/hotels/ATMS/gas stations etc. Not to mention doing your own custom routes on the computer and transfering to the GPS.

This is probably old news to most of you but its new to me and I love my Zumo!

Steve

Latest posts