Yami Dealers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scab

I got nothin' here...
Reaction score
My local yami dealer's sales-dude says that they cannot get the FJR. Is this true? Are some dealers not allowed to sell the FJR, or are they blowing smoke up my but because they were too stupid to order any?

The latter.

Your Yami dealer cannot get an FJR right now as the order period ended December 31st. (Though some reports said you could still order an FJR after that) During the order period, ANY Yamaha dealer could order as many FJRs as they wanted, there was no limit, although an FJR was only supposed to be ordered if a customer put down a $500 deposit. In reality, many Yamaha dealers order FJRs without having a true customer by paying the $500 deposit themselves and putting it under employee names and then selling it later to a customer that comes along.

Last edited by a moderator:
They have never had an FJR. The guy just doesn't seem interested in selling any.

But, thanks to me, they now have the oil filter!

There are a few of us out here that did get bikes without ever putting a cent down. I got my '05 on September 1, 2004 by calling up 23 different Yamaha dealers in the Pacific Northwest and found one 120 miles from me. Drove up in my truck and hauled it home after paying MSRP.

You may be able to find one after deliveries are made to the PDP folks and either some back out or certain dealers ordered extra. Just be prepared to hunt one down.

Really scary should I need any warranty work. I think my FJR is the only one they've seen "Live and in TechniColor".

I see you are in Alabama. One of the premier FJR dealerships is located in Culman, Alabama. D&H Cycle. Even though they are a somewhat small mom & pop dealership, they have sold about 50 FJRs each year. Extremely low prices and great customer service has earned them an excellent reputation.

That is good to know. Cullman is closer than Atlanta.

Thanks for the info!

My local yami dealer's sales-dude says that they cannot get the FJR. Is this true? Are some dealers not allowed to sell the FJR, or are they blowing smoke up my but because they were too stupid to order any?
I would say the former is true. If he follows the 'Yami-law', the only way a dealer could get one is is for a customer to put $500 down and a bike would then be ordered in his/her name. The period where these orders could be placed has ended, so, if he didn't place an order, he can't get one. That's the way it has always been for the FJR, so, his reason for never having one is because he never had a customer put down the $500 to order one or he didn't break the 'Yami-law' and put the $500 himself and order one in a bogus name.

I would say 'stupid' is a very strong word and I don't think it applies. If he would have ordered one and it sat and sat and sat (as has happened more and more frequently), then he would consider himself stupid. If he never sold one, and he didn't have anyone asking for one previously, why would he put his money on the line and gamble? It's a niche bike. While the D&H numbers are impressive, shops around here squash that number with the number of cruisers that they sell.

Ask lotecredneck... word is he owns a dealership somewhere in the Texas/Arkansas vicinity... ;)

I believe Tony has 2 dealerships. 1 in Hot Springs AR. and 1 in Texarkana, TX.
Longview, Texas and Texarkana, Texas - Tony hasn't been involved with the Hot SPrings dealer for at least the past year.

Can't go wrong with D&H-you're lucky to have such a nice operation nearby. Get the warranty from them too-best price in the US of A.

There are a few of us out here that did get bikes without ever putting a cent down. I got my '05 on September 1, 2004 by calling up 23 different Yamaha dealers in the Pacific Northwest and found one 120 miles from me. Drove up in my truck and hauled it home after paying MSRP.
Both Yamaha dealers close to me had FJR's 'on the floor', one an ABS, and one a non (which I bought). They were both ordered and backed out on. I'm more inclined to think the Dealer just ordered them for the floor.

In reality, many Yamaha dealers order FJRs without having a true customer by paying the $500 deposit themselves and putting it under employee names and then selling it later to a customer that comes along.
That's exactly how I got my 05.

OK so this is a stupid question - but why is the FJR sold to order only? I bought mine used but may consider a new one in the future.
Jill
Ahhh........young grasshopper.

That is the bazillion dollar question that will be debated until the end of time. <_<

The program ended on January 26th and if your local didn't order units under bogus names or their pets name or whatever there are no more units to be had from Yamaha. If you search around I'm sure there will be some available at some price, but the deep discounting will probably be gone as the supply is now depleted.

I order several additional and they are now all spoken for, but if you have trouble finding one I'm sure I can point you to a dealer that will have some available.

Best regards,

Tony Orihuela

Yamaha Sportscenter

www.yamahasportscenter.com

Texarkana - Longview, TX

Hey Tony,

Any sign of Yamaha giving the PDP the dirt nap anytime soon? It sure is a pain in the backside...

OK so this is a stupid question - but why is the FJR sold to order only?  I bought mine used but may consider a new one in the future.
Ahhh........young grasshopper.

That is the bazillion dollar question that will be debated until the end of time. <_<
They're all headed abroad, where you can go in and pick from different models and colors, on the dealer showroom floor. Here, where we are mostly a bunch of booger eatin', beer-drinkin' chromaholic posers with a riding problem, progressive bike manufacturers don't waste their resources trying to coax us into the 21st century. And that's all I've got to say about that!

Sincerely,

Forest