You Buy Now!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This guy did not get a 100% rating from 650 different customers by ripping off customers. I have been using EBay nearly 10 years, and it is uncanny how accurate the ratings can be.
I agree that many Chinese offerings are top quality, but be careful on the feedback ratings for any seller. Recently I was high bidder on an item from a high volume "Power Seller" on Ebay. Won the auction and the seller refused to honor the price. I left constructive negative feedback and the seller was able to have it removed. Deflecting negative feedback that way can do marvelous things for your rating.

EDIT: Oops. Wrong eBay bashing thread. Feel free to delete this little error.

(I'm doing a pretty shitty job of reading today)

Last edited by a moderator:
Price is KING. Cheaper is better, to a point where quality suffers.

Just bought a battery for FJR, Westco. Made in Vietnam. $50 some dollars. Not bad, cheap i'd say.

Yuasa battery at least double that. Yamaha battery, triple that at most dealers.

How long will it last???????????????? Can replace it every 3 years and it will still be cheaper.

Dead battery on the road (PRICELESS) Who can say...... <_<

I dunno, from what I'm reading here the Westco is the shit, otherwise why would Jeff sell it? :p

Oh and dead battery on the road? Thankfully it was only a block from home ;)

:jester:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not saying any thing bad about Westco batteries, just the price is right.

Staying with the thread, low price imports. China, Vietnam, Ect.

Right now it's even cheap to go to China.

If you want to make that trip I'd make it soon.

Any one gotten sick from American made peanut butter lately?

FDA does a great job of keeping us safe.

There have only been a few American made drugs

that have actually killed people lately, they must be.

China bashing makes no sense unless we look at

ourselves first. Tis a global economy now so we'd

better get used to it and start competing rather than complaining. :lol:

I'm not saying any thing bad about Westco batteries, just the price is right.Staying with the thread, low price imports. China, Vietnam, Ect.
Staying with the thread? Well that just ain't right!

Actually the Westco Battery may be the exception to the rule, Most of that stuff ends up costing more in the end.

:jester:

Not for nothing, but rotors should cost $30. What are we talking about here - some treated flat stock laser cut. Done in mass via a CNC laser system, these should be this cheap or cheaper. $300 for a set of rotors is fucking highway robbery and it is high time those selling at that price are brought to reality. They will then bring their German quality into a more realistic $100 per set. Ahhhhh, the nature of competition.

-BD

This guy did not get a 100% rating from 650 different customers by ripping off customers. I have been using EBay nearly 10 years, and it is uncanny how accurate the ratings can be.
I agree that many Chinese offerings are top quality, but be careful on the feedback ratings for any seller. Recently I was high bidder on an item from a high volume "Power Seller" on Ebay. Won the auction and the seller refused to honor the price. I left constructive negative feedback and the seller was able to have it removed. Deflecting negative feedback that way can do marvelous things for your rating.
Try this. negative feedback

Man... that is tempting though....a set of new wave rotors for $250..man...

If there was anything that said they were temptered, then ground.....

I suspect untempered rotors would warp like a potato chip after the 1st hard day's ride.

:bye2: