Zumo XM Antenna

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekms377

Reaction score
Will the XM antenna I got for the car work with the Zumo? I bought an XM receiver a few years back and have the antenna still.....I am wondering if it will work if I can find it. I am hoping the input connector is the same. I can't see paying $200 for an antenna.

No.

Garmin's XM support requires their GXM-30 'pod'. The pod is a module that contains the entire XM receiver - all the Zumo has (and Nuvi or other XM-supporting navigators have) is the interface to control the pod.

They can be purchased new for a lot of money or on Ebay for less.

I do not use my Zumo or Nuvi for their ability to play music - they handle my cell phone, but music comes from an iPod and, if I had an XM device it too would be a stand-alone unit.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can get the GXM30 antenna on flea bay for $150. That's not much more than a stand alone unit and it greatly simplifies installation. All of your controls will be via the Zumo touch screen and associated side buttons and you are now automatically connected for audio, assuming you already were. Very nice set-up. Clean instalation.

Only bad part is XM does not have NASCAR. It does have Oprah, if that's your type of thing. But XM and Cirius recently received aproval to merge so I am hoping soon we will be getting it all. Not that I am very excited about Oprah. :)

Thanks...I am going to hold off for awhile to see what XM and Sirius are going to do. I do want to get the Bluetooth headset though.....Scala Q2.....can at least use my phone if I need to.

The merger between XM and Sirius was completed on July 28th - see here for details.

From the press release:

As promised when the merger was first announced, existing radios will continue to work and every subscriber has the option of maintaining their current service package.
As a result of the merger, SIRIUS XM Radio will also be able to offer consumers new packages in audio entertainment, including the first-ever a la carte programming option in subscription media. In addition to two a la carte options, the new packages will include: “Best of Both,” giving subscribers the option to access certain programming from the other network; discounted Family Friendly packages; and tailored packages including “Mostly Music” and “News, Talk and Sports.” The first of the new packages will be available in the early Fall.

The merger between XM and Sirius was completed on July 28th - see here for details.
From the press release:

As promised when the merger was first announced, existing radios will continue to work and every subscriber has the option of maintaining their current service package.
As a result of the merger, SIRIUS XM Radio will also be able to offer consumers new packages in audio entertainment, including the first-ever a la carte programming option in subscription media. In addition to two a la carte options, the new packages will include: “Best of Both,” giving subscribers the option to access certain programming from the other network; discounted Family Friendly packages; and tailored packages including “Mostly Music” and “News, Talk and Sports.” The first of the new packages will be available in the early Fall.
Off topic but I own XM and Sirus and as far as I'm concerned Sirus is the AM radio of satelite radio. (Sirus came free with my Truck)

It all depends what kind of music you like.

I dig the "Outlaw Country" and "Hard Attack" on Sirius.

Perfectly happy with XM's Liquid Metal, 50s music & Fungus punk rock channels as well.

It's nice to be freed from MP3s to hear stuff you've never heard of IMO.

---hellcreep

[zumo w/ xm/starcom1digital]

Off topic again.

I have yet to Farkle beyond a single mount for either my NUVI270 or portable Pioneer XM radio. Still working on getting power outlet too, sucks when batteries go dead mid-ride. Best thing about the Pioneer is the 6 hours of recording capability. As far as channels I listen to Top Tracks, Deep tracks and Squizz on XM. (Did we capture this thread?)