zzkenoman In The News?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ionbeam

2 FUN
Reaction score
I don't know how it happened but when I was cruising through CNN I came across a short quote in an article that I believe came from our past member zzkenoman. If so, I'm glad to see that he is able to be out and about on a bike again. zzkenoman got clipped by a car on a corner and suffered a devastating hip injury.

CNN News Story

Quote:

In Lisbon, Iowa, about 20 miles east of flood-ravaged Cedar Rapids, biker Larry Crystal said mosquitoes have made his rides miserable. "Every time I stop to rest at a rest area these buggers just find a way to bite me all over my neck area between my helmet and jacket," he wrote on a bikers' blog.

"They seem to be very aggressive. They're even coming into my helmet, finding any bits of skin," Crystal told The Associated Press. "They're just going at it."

[SIZE=12pt]The article is irrelevant, that fact that Larry is out and biking again is the important thing.[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
That is Larry (zzkenoman), moved from California to Iowa (What a change of scenery!)

Great news about the riding, bad news about the bugs.

(I'm a native Minnesotan - the Mosquito is the state bird)

I talked to him by email last month, he was in the process of moving into his new house.

A favorite photo from one of my rides with him

100_3191.jpg

Thats outstanding ! Anytime one of us is in the news and its not crash related, its a really good thing ! Good on ya ZZ !

Blessings,

Bobby

Cool!!

Good to know things worked out well for Zeke :)

I still remember those pic's of him lying beside the road..shook me up.

Excellent news!!