• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

PILOT ROAD 2 Group (Self) Buy for FJRForum.com

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toecutter

What would DoG do?
Reaction score
I emailed a reputable supplier about a group purchase deal for us.

Michelin is having a price increase going into effect this Saturday. If you want the best deal we need to do it before then. My tire supplier said the increase will be up to 8% across the board. I can do the $259.95 plus $20.00 shipping for everyone except people in the PST zone (West coast). Shipping for them would be $30.00.If you want that deal then we need all the orders and $ by Thursday Feb 14th. Please let me know ASAP since I have to attend a dealer show this weekend in Indy.
This is for full sets of the Michelin Pilot Road 2 in 180/55-17 and 120/70-17. The total will be $279.95 shipped, except for those in the PST time zone, who would incur an additional $10.00 for extended distance shipping.

There are no minimum quantities, other than 1 set per address. If you want to pool your funds and have several sets sent to your nearest buddy with a tire machine, that would work, but it has to come together and all be paid for by 9pm EST on 2/14/08.

The tires will be ordered on Friday Feb 15th and shipped to the end purchasers (leaving my shop) on Wednesday Feb 20th.
Just the thing for that last bit of winter maintenance before riding season and NAFO. Maybe you need two sets?

If you want something special, i.e. single tires, or two rears & one front, please wait until the next go around, after the price change. You could always get another tire or two then but, for the sake of expediency, let's keep them in sets and simple.

[SIZE=18pt]Reply in this thread (NO PM'S PLEASE) with your intent to purchase, and I'll PM or email (your choice) PayPal instructions.[/SIZE]

This way, I'll be able to keep track of the total number of sets purchased.

This is the best price I could find, and it's about to go up. Act now or miss out!

For those of you with PayPalPhobia, sorry, don't go away mad, just go away quietly. If you aren't afraid, that means you can charge your purchase to a credit card of your choice (hopefully, one of yours, with credit on it).

And lastly, please keep the following forum guideline in mind:

Posts that have no real Group Buy-specific content may be edited/removed at any time. The reason is two-fold: it helps keep the discussion focus on the Group Buy itself, and helps keep GB threads from growing into 20 pages of disjointed crap.
Thank you.

2/13/08 UPDATE: Just spoke to the vendor, and there is a small issue. Due to the heavy response on this group buy, he thinks that the supplier may ship the tires by truck freight, as the quantities are too many for UPS to take, which will add a couple of days to the timetable. So, it looks like they won't make it to his shop until maybe the end of next week, and start getting shipped out from then.

It's a good kind of problem, as I see it. He was impressed by the response, and indicated a willingness to doing a repeat sale in the future. So, let's do our part to make this happen smoothly, and we may stay in good graces, with a future discount tire supplier.

Last edited by a moderator:
TC,

Thank you!!!! I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but, has there been any verification of availability? I have heard of some issues of availability of rears. If this is unfounded or untrue, please stab me in the eye with a rusty icepick (or, just tell me i'm full of shit again).

PM me to let me know. Just to verify that these tires will be shipped Wednesday Feb 20?

This and the Galfer GB is going to empty out my good will with the ole lady

Thanks

Your payment for $279.95 USD has been sent.
Thanks again Toe

:yahoo:

Wheaton, you've got PM

Randy, this guy tells me his supplier can supply him but, other than that, it's a trust game....

Like it says:

The tires will be ordered on Friday Feb 15th and shipped to the end purchasers (leaving my shop) on Wednesday Feb 20th.

Sweet, Toe. I'd definitely have been in for a pair if I hadn't just had 2 pairs delivered about 10 minutes ago.

:blink: Hello Toecutter,

I'm interested in buying a pair of Road Pilot 2's, but am totally unfamiliar with this Paypal situation...how secure is it?

I will be flying a two day trip tomorrow morning and will not be home from Mexico City and Puerto Vallerta till late afternoon on Feb. 13th, hope to be home by 6:30 pm.

Hope to hear from you and thank you for your hard work in getting this group buy for the FJR community.

Scott

Pinned for my Brutha! B)

Nice find, Toe! I'd go after a set of these myself, if I just didn't mount up a freshly minted set of the new Dunlop RoadSmart tires just this weekend. Haven't even got them on the road yet.... gonna slap on the front fender and ride these babies a good 50-ish miles tomorrow and check them out:

RoadSmart.jpg

RoadSmart_rear.jpg

I can tell you now these babies have a much, MUCH stiffer sidewalls then the D220's they are replacing in the Dunlop sport-touring line. I mean, these sidewalls were really pushing the Coats tire changer toward the end of the mounting turn. These sidewalls are as stiff as the sidewalls of the Bridgestione BT-015s on the Hayabusa! :blink:

A report on these RoadSmarts will be forthcoming.

Hi,

Consider this my notice of intent to purchase. Please send info.

Thanks,

John

Michelin is having a price increase going into effect this Saturday. If you want the best deal we need to do it before then. My tire supplier said the increase will be up to 8% across the board. I can do the $259.95 plus $20.00 shipping for everyone except people in the PST zone (West coast). Shipping for them would be $30.00.If you want that deal then we need all the orders and $ by Thursday Feb 14th. Please let me know ASAP since I have to attend a dealer show this weekend in Indy.
This is for full sets of the Michelin Pilot Road 2 in 180/55-17 and 120/70-17. The total will be $279.95 shipped, except for those in the PST time zone, who would incur an additional $10.00 for extended distance shipping.

There are no minimum quantities, other than 1 set per address. If you want to pool your funds and have several sets sent to your nearest buddy with a tire machine, that would work, but it has to come together and all be paid for by 9pm EST on 2/14/08.

Just the thing for that last bit of winter maintenance before riding season and NAFO. Maybe you need two sets?

If you want something special, i.e. single tires, or two rears & one front, please wait until the next go around, after the price change. You could always get another tire or two then but, for the sake of expediency, let's keep them in sets and simple.

[SIZE=18pt]Reply in this thread (NO PM'S PLEASE) with your intent to purchase, and I'll PM or email (your choice) PayPal instructions.[/SIZE]

This is the best price I could find, and it's about to go up. Act now or miss out!

For those of you with PayPalPhobia, sorry, don't go away mad, just go away quietly. If you aren't afraid, that means you can charge your purchase to a credit card of your choice (hopefully, one of yours, with credit on it).

Posts that have no real Group Buy-specific content may be edited/removed at any time. The reason is two-fold: it helps keep the discussion focus on the Group Buy itself, and helps keep GB threads from growing into 20 pages of disjointed crap.
Thank you. Can I get a stick pin?

Thank you. Can I get a stick pin?
I can't give you a stick pin, but I know a man who can :yahoo:

Toe, thanks for setting this up, please count me in (I have PP).

Taff.

Damn just spooned on a set of 021's Saterday!

Put me down for a set anyway, I think twards the future, and I'll need em come NAFO time :p

Count me in I have 3,200 miles on my new machine and will be needing tread for NAFO for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.