• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

PILOT ROAD 2 Group (Self) Buy for FJRForum.com

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Toecutter, what's next?
The vendor will be ordering our tires today, and will ship the sets to each individual buyer once they arrive, expected to be sometime next week.

Are they going to send confirmation?
I haven't spoken directly to the vendor yet today, but his assistant indicated he would probably email tracking info to each buyer. I'll try to find out more if he calls me back.

Looks like a great response: I wonder if they have enough in stock?
He didn't expect any problems with his supplier. I fully expect to hear right away if otherwise. The vendor strikes me as a stand-up guy, and I ordered a set myself, so I will be just as interested in the process as any of us.

This morning, his assistant told me that response was somewhere around 45 sets ordered. Pretty impressive! Way to go, FJRForum!!! :clapping:

...This morning, his assistant told me that response was somewhere around 45 sets ordered. Pretty impressive! Way to go, FJRForum!!! :clapping:
No...Way to go to you Toecutter :clapping: You stepped up and arranged this...THANKS.

lemme see...45 sets x ??k miles = LOADS of fun. :yahoo:

Any word on when they will start shipping?
The last time I spoke to Jeff (Friday the 15th), he told me that, due to the size of his order, his supplier wanted to take an extra couple of days to get it together, so he expected them to ship it by Wednesday. He told me he ordered about 500 tires, obviously way more than needed to complete our group buy. I can't blame him for wanting to maximize his margins, by allowing the supplier to ship cheaper in one truckload, but it means a slight delay in us receiving individual shipments. Hopefully, we aren't in an immediate-need situation, and this won't be a problem.

The good news is, he indicated that he would be up for another FJR Forum group buy, at prices very similar to the original. So, if anybody regrets not getting in, there should be a second chance for acquiring some PR2's at a very good price.

I will try calling him Wednesday to get an update on our orders and report back. Barring any other problems, they should start shipping to us the week of 2/25/08, for us to get by the first week in March.

Any word on when they will start shipping?
The last time I spoke to Jeff (Friday the 15th), he told me that, due to the size of his order, his supplier wanted to take an extra couple of days to get it together, so he expected them to ship it by Wednesday. He told me he ordered about 500 tires, obviously way more than needed to complete our group buy. I can't blame him for wanting to maximize his margins, by allowing the supplier to ship cheaper in one truckload, but it means a slight delay in us receiving individual shipments. Hopefully, we aren't in an immediate-need situation, and this won't be a problem.

The good news is, he indicated that he would be up for another FJR Forum group buy, at prices very similar to the original. So, if anybody regrets not getting in, there should be a second chance for acquiring some PR2's at a very good price.

I will try calling him Wednesday to get an update on our orders and report back. Barring any other problems, they should start shipping to us the week of 2/25/08, for us to get by the first week in March.

Thanks again for staying on top of this....I checked in and was please to see we are getting close. :clapping:

Great deal and communication. Toecutter.

UPDATE:

Spoke to Jeff again today. He explained that the delay was for the supplier to acquire some Pilot Power 2CT's to complete his order of close to 500 tires, and get them all on one truck.

He expects to receive them as early as Wednesday, and will dedicate the following business day to shipping them out to the individual buyers. UPS Quantum View shipping notifications, with tracking info, will go out to buyers' individual email addresses that are affiliated with their PayPal accounts. You should be getting these notifications by Friday or early next week at the latest.

Thanks for making this easy to administer. I might do it again sometime.... :rolleyes:

Jeff also said that, based on a lot of input from a bunch of different customers, these PR2's are exceeding expectations on just about every bike they are being mounted on.

I'm sure I can speak for everyone when I say thanks for the update, TC.

Do keep in mind that winter here in the Midwest is refusing to end (yet another winter storm warning tonight) :angry: . I've done an extensive evaluation of this exceptionally irritating phenomenon and the best I can tell, it's all because our PR2's haven't come yet :huh: At first I thought it had something to do with a groundhog, but that's just silly. I'm sure it's because of our tires :lol:

No pressure, Toecutter :derisive:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just saw this thread and want a set. Any chance I can piggyback on this group buy??

Mogan

I just saw this thread and want a set. Any chance I can piggyback on this group buy??
Mogan
The window for the group buy closed Feb 14th. There may be another one at a later date tho.

Thanks for the update Toe! Keep up the great weork B)

Status
Not open for further replies.