• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

10% discount on Russell seats

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whataboutbob

Reaction score
10% discount on Russell seats if you order between now and Nov.3rd. just write '09 fjr group buy in the production date area on the order form. 20%discount will apply if 50 or more people order. I have mine on order now. Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
Just sent in my online order form with pictures.

Edited to add: all black vinyl, rectangular pattern.

Considered leather inserts, but ride all year on Gulf Coast, so vinyl is easier to maintain. Although, leather is said to breath better.

Also considered silver side or top in an attempt to be different and but didn't know how well it would look on my silver '06 AE.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you’re sitting on fence on this one (or worse, sitting on a stock seat :blink: ) you need to join in this group buy. Even at full price it’s worth the money :yahoo: . Any discount just makes you smile even more……..

BULLCBX

Is it possible to order a Russell seat and pay them to use a Yamaha FJR seat pan instead of sending in my seat?

10% discount on Russell seats if you order between now and Nov.3rd. just write '09 fjr group buy in the production date area on the order form. 20%discount will apply if 50 or more people order. I have mine on order now. Bob

So Bob, Whatabout this: I'd like to get in on this one, I have no issue w/ funds being paid up front or whatever [proper receipt natcherly], but would like to be able to have mine built on a "ride-in" appointment early this coming spring sometime [Mayish maybe]. Will that be a possibility?

So Bob, Whatabout this: I'd like to get in on this one, I have no issue w/ funds being paid up front or whatever [proper receipt natcherly], but would like to be able to have mine built on a "ride-in" appointment early this coming spring sometime [Mayish maybe]. Will that be a possibility?
Mooseonagoose, I don't know,but you could contact Heather at Russells 800 432-9566

Mooseonagoose, I don't know,but you could contact Heather at Russells 800 432-9566
I'll do that, thanks!

Is it possible to order a Russell seat and pay them to use a Yamaha FJR seat pan instead of sending in my seat?
They don't care as long as it's a seat pan that fits your bike. You could buy a stock seat pan from ebay or wherever that fits your bike and send that one in.

I took advantage of the group buy last year. I sent in my seat during the "off-season" here in the midwest. Others might not be as lucky to have an off-season.

:blink:

IMHO, well worth the money...

They WILL NOT use a Corbin seat pan. I think all other makes are OK.

So how do we know if we get the 10% discount. If I order now, and by the end of the special period there are only 40 people total, do they just add the 10% back on to my bill?

can my father order one for his gold wing with the discount?

They WILL NOT use a Corbin seat pan. I think all other makes are OK.
So how do we know if we get the 10% discount. If I order now, and by the end of the special period there are only 40 people total, do they just add the 10% back on to my bill?
TriggerT, the 10% discount applies now. If 50 orders are reached then the 20% will apply. Bob

can my father order one for his gold wing with the discount? Jaycen, I'm not sure about the gold wing seat.I would give russells a call. Bob

can my father order one for his gold wing with the discount? Jaycen, I'm not sure about the gold wing seat.I would give russells a call. Bob

Bob, sorry about the dumb question before. I just re-read things, and now I understand a little better, but the same question kind of applies. How will we know which discount we can get? Either one is great, and thanks for setting things up, but I can sell it to my wife a lot easier if I can say they are 20% off. Would Russell just refund that additional money once they hit the 50 order mark? Sorry to be a PITA, just trying to get the facts to make the pitch to The Boss. THANKS!

Bob, sorry about the dumb question before. I just re-read things, and now I understand a little better, but the same question kind of applies. How will we know which discount we can get? Either one is great, and thanks for setting things up, but I can sell it to my wife a lot easier if I can say they are 20% off. Would Russell just refund that additional money once they hit the 50 order mark? Sorry to be a PITA, just trying to get the facts to make the pitch to The Boss. THANKS!
TriggerT, Heather at Russells told me that if the seat was done and shipped and then the "group buy" reached 50 she would refund the extra money. Bob

Latest posts