• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

10% discount on Russell seats

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm interested. I have a Valkyrie I would like to have done too. I'll call Heather in the morning and see if the discount is possible for both and if that would count as 2 orders toward the 50.

Thanks,

Rich

For the past several years there have been coordinated "Self Buys" from different groups (typically COG). All makes and models are supported as long as the order is filled out as described in post #1. What this does is encourage you to spread the word to riders who might not be on this forum so the magic 50 can be more easily reached.

Remember this is a "self buy". If you have questions, comments, or complaints, take it up with Russell. Perferably, if you have complaints keep them to yourself and don't participate (no sense in ruining the Self Buy for everyone else). Bob isn't buying these for everyone. You're buying your own and should deal with the order as if it were a 1 off (except you save money while doing it).

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, I just spoke with Heather at Russell, and she confirms what Bounce says above. This discount will apply to ALL makes and models they make seats for. You just have to put the correct discount code in, as is stated in the first post of this thread. Thanks to Bob for setting this up.

After checking with Bob, I have linked this thread to a few other motorcycle forums, to see if we can hit the 50 order mark without too much of a problem.

Defiantly count me in...

I'll research styles and options, get my photos and order form sent in by Oct. 15th

I wish someone could post photos of a Day Long, dual seat, rectangle pattern in vinyl. Can't seem to find any pictures of that seat.

Rummy

I wish someone could post photos of a Day Long, dual seat, rectangle pattern in vinyl. Can't seem to find any pictures of that seat.
You mean like on Russell's website here? I see dual seat, I see vinyl, I see sewn rectangles, and I see it's a picture of our resident forum benevolent dictator....all in the same seat.

You mean like on Russell's website here? I see dual seat, I see vinyl, I see sewn rectangles, and I see it's a picture of our resident forum benevolent dictator....all in the same seat.
Are you talking about the photo of the Silver FJR with driver backrest and the top box. Hard too see the passenger seat.

Rummy

Are you talking about the photo of the Silver FJR with driver backrest and the top box. Hard too see the passenger seat.
I'm talking about the one that says "Warchild's FJR" and you can click on for a larger image. I seem to be able to see passenger seat detail fine.

2004FJR1300ABS_right_qtr.jpg

I'm talking about the one that says "Warchild's FJR" and you can click on for a larger image. I seem to be able to see passenger seat detail fine.

2004FJR1300ABS_right_qtr.jpg
Ignacio,

That's not a Dual Seat. That appears to be a Solo with small square pattern.

Never mind I found what I'm looking for, see picture below.

rectangle_pattern.jpg

Thanks for you help.

Rummy

Just an FYI, if you have seats for multiple bikes, each counts as a separate order. So for my FJR and Valkyrie, I added 2 to the 50 goal!

Rich

FJR Rich said:
Just an FYI, if you have seats for multiple bikes, each counts as a separate order. So for my FJR and Valkyrie, I added 2 to the 50 goal!
Rich
Sorry, forgot to add that info is from Heather.

Rich

Just sent in my online order form with pictures.
Edited to add: all black vinyl, rectangular pattern.

Considered leather inserts, but ride all year on Gulf Coast, so vinyl is easier to maintain. Although, leather is said to breath better.

Also considered silver side or top in an attempt to be different and but didn't know how well it would look on my silver '06 AE.
Online order form submitted Friday night, 3Oct08; just received build date today Tuesday 7Oct08; build date is set for 30Oct08.

I was wondering about their deal for a seat for my KLR so I called Heather yesterday with a few questions. One thing I wanted to pass along is she said the target of 50 is very realistic--said last year they hit over 200 from this forum!! Might make it an easier "sell" for you, Trigger. (Doesn't matter what bike it's for, either.)

Quote--So. Cruiser: "Is it possible to order a Russell seat and pay them to use a Yamaha FJR seat pan instead of sending in my seat?" I asked them about this earlier when I was considering a build--nobody stocks a bunch of extra pans. They need one from you. You might try posting in the "Classified--Wanted" section for a stock seat, or even E-Bay, Craigslist, etc.

My concern, and it might be totally unfounded, is that since so many people got the seats last year, there might not be a many takers this year. We'll see.

My concern, and it might be totally unfounded, is that since so many people got the seats last year, there might not be a many takers this year. We'll see.
Why the concern? Just get the seat and receive a 10% discount and if 50 or more also get the seat then you will receive another 10% refund :)

Ok. I'm tempted, seriously tempted. Leather or vinyl? My current is leather and I'm content with it. Will vinyl last longer, breath better, stick better? Advantages vs. disadvantages. Opinions?

I intend to buy one for my FJR. Anyone had an experience from England with sending over your seat pan and getting the finished seat back?

Unless I can get a spare seat Pan it sounds like I'll be without my seat for a long time.

Later

Dave

Ok. I'm tempted, seriously tempted. Leather or vinyl? My current is leather and I'm content with it. Will vinyl last longer, breath better, stick better? Advantages vs. disadvantages. Opinions?
I had always planned on going with the leather, but a few friends who have had their for several years pointed out the lower maintenance required for vinyl, not having to worry about if it gets rained on, and since I wear a Stich suit, it isn't like it is going to be in direct contact with my butt anyway. Vinyl is the way I am going to go. My $0.02.

Unless I can get a spare seat Pan it sounds like I'll be without my seat for a long time.
nope. you wait for your build date to get near, ship off your OEM seat, get your russell back. when i did mine the total turn around (including shipping both ways) was 10 days. Since then they've gotten even better. Keep in mind my very first russell, foir the wing with their pan, took about 6 months to get but that was years ago and their turn around has improved.

Anything that is truly custom built takes longer than something with a customer-selected cover slapped over an off-the-shelf base.

i went full leather and am very pleased. vinyl doesn't breath. velour is hot (i had it on my wing). leather, when cared for, can last many years. think of all the 100+ year old cowboy saddles that are in great shape at various museums. they were leather and exposed to all kinds of weather. i use Lexol and clearn/condition the seat at least 2 times a year and it still looks new after nearly 5 years.