• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

10% discount on Russell seats

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless I can get a spare seat Pan it sounds like I'll be without my seat for a long time.
nope. you wait for your build date to get near, ship off your OEM seat, get your russell back. when i did mine the total turn around (including shipping both ways) was 10 days. Since then they've gotten even better. Keep in mind my very first russell, foir the wing with their pan, took about 6 months to get but that was years ago and their turn around has improved.

Anything that is truly custom built takes longer than something with a customer-selected cover slapped over an off-the-shelf base.

i went full leather and am very pleased. vinyl doesn't breath. velour is hot (i had it on my wing). leather, when cared for, can last many years. think of all the 100+ year old cowboy saddles that are in great shape at various museums. they were leather and exposed to all kinds of weather. i use Lexol and clearn/condition the seat at least 2 times a year and it still looks new after nearly 5 years.
Thanks bounce. I too am going for the all leather optio.

Later

Dave

OK,

Stock seat is boxed up with order form filled out and pictures included. Already to ship out in the AM. Going for Russell Dual seat, Rectangle pattern, All vinyl in black. I have a Corbin on the bike right now, but looking forward to Day Long Seat.

Come on everybody let's make the quota for the 20% off. I'm doing my part.

OK,
Stock seat is boxed up with order form filled out and pictures included. Already to ship out in the AM. Going for Russell Dual seat, Rectangle pattern, All vinyl in black. I have a Corbin on the bike right now, but looking forward to Day Long Seat.

Come on everybody let's make the quota for the 20% off. I'm doing my part.
same seat I'm going with, Bob

Sending in my form now.

All Vinyl

Half Moon (looking for the least amount of stitching possible)

Black.

I'm right at 225# does anybody have any input on the Heavy Weight Suspension?

Does anybody have any idea how many seats they are up to?

I just spoke to Russell.

They said the final number of last years buy was only about 90, not 200.

He (didn't catch his name) said that he believes they are already at a 15% off tier (25 seats).

Just in case that gets anybody off the fence.

I ordered mine the other day. Half moon vinyl / leather. My production date is Oct 31. I borrowed a factory seat so I can stay on the road after I send mine off next week.

Perhaps a dumb question, but given you send in the stock seat pans does it make sense to

pull off the stock foam and cover before sending them in?

10% discount on Russell seats if you order between now and Nov.3rd. just write '09 fjr group buy in the production date area on the order form. 20%discount will apply if 50 or more people order. I have mine on order now. Bob
Well, add one more to the list, going to tell the Mrs. this is my Christmas present...Thinking all black, vinyl, not sure about the stitching yet.

Thanks for setting this up, 15% off is still better than full price!

Glad to see this group buy is in effect again - missed out last year. Pending approval from my accountant (wife) I'll be placing my order as well. :assassin:

Mailed seats today, a little early, but want them there ahead of time. Will post pics when they return. BTW, it was $19 from Houston area to Russell with $500 insurance.

Just got off the phone with Heather from Russells. My build date is Nov. 14th.

I asked her, what is the group buy count now. She said they have 27 to 28 of our group buy orders pending.

I've been looking for this opportunity and can't wait. Bought my FJR 3 weeks ago and have over 2,500 miles on it, riding back and forth to work and around town. My rear is in agony after riding for a couple of hours straight but I love this bike, count me in towards the 50 count. I'm going for the half moon design, not sure if I want all vinyl or leather insert.

2008 FJR1300A

2000 V-Star 1100 Classic

1998 V-Star 650 Classic

Last edited by a moderator: