PNW Fall Tech day

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auburn

Reaction score
Time for the Fall gathering and tech day. It will be Saturday October 24th at my house again. (If you haven't been here, PM me and I'll send you the address) Starting at 9 AM going until 5 PM. Hopefully it is early enough the east siders can ride over before the snow flys in the passes. This should work well with the Maupin ride on Oct. 9th, and the Volcano ride in Sept.

Try to keep in mind if you are doing something that takes a lot of time, that it may not be the best place to do it. Some have tried to do a cruise control install for the first time and have not been able to finish.

Topics suggested so far are:

Grounding system
Coolant Flush
Tire changes (I have a No-Mar) for those who need to
TBS
Brake fluid flush
Bring pictures and DVD for bench racing in the movie room

If you are traveling some distance and need a place to stay, I can accomodate up to 4 in the RV. Or there are motels about 5 miles away. Please RSVP if you want to stay here.

I'll do lunch the same as before - pizza and soda (please donate $5 to the cause), bring your own beverages for stronger stuff.

Auburn FJR

Attendees:

Hudson, Mrs. & kids

Niehart

esacpefjrtist

panman

beamer reamer & Mrs.

barabus & Mrs.

happypuppy

Wingshot

n2osx & Mrs.

ahchiu

JamesW

DABRIT & Mrs.

SportsGuy

Duster19?

Dabayliner (& Mrs. ?)

Kromalusional

blufjr

el camino kid

hotdogwater

Jack Flack

Mount Rainier

N by NW

LeftBase

Scout

Tenchi

Mr. Mung

Jay H

KhromalusionaL

BBQ

TruWrecks?

DustyRains & Mrs.

FJR13K

Nik

Last edited by a moderator:
Most excellent AuburnFJR! :yahoo: For those that haven't attended one of these, it's a great opportunity to get to know your FJR and meet a few locals in the Seattle area. We've generally been able to knock out several projects and tire changes w/o too much effort and have a great time to boot. I'll volunteer my TBS services for those interested...

Who's bringing the pie? ;)

--G

Most excellent AuburnFJR! :yahoo: For those that haven't attended one of these, it's a great opportunity to get to know your FJR and meet a few locals in the Seattle area. We've generally been able to knock out several projects and tire changes w/o too much effort and have a great time to boot. I'll volunteer my TBS services for those interested...
Who's bringing the pie? ;)

--G
I don't know whos bring the pies but Keep a eye on this guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Pieman.jpg

Count me in. Doubt, I will have much to do, but always willing to learn from others and one never knows what project will come up between now and then.

Consider Jonnie and I there. We should be able to get my ride spiffed right up!!
7528dd50.jpg
I'll be there, Hey Carl. a little wax and your go to go...
I wish that was the same for me. I thought about maybe trying figure out how to get a quad to calm my riding needs a little. I have been stressed and going nuts.

Carl

Ok. I gotta get over to this one! I need to install my headlight modulators and it'd be excellent to meet folks too! Off to map this out in broad strokes!

If I don't have a Grid Kid game (I coach, son plays), I'll be over to mainly hangout and BS. Wish I had more time to burn up the rest of my Azarro's (actually like these tires), so that I could put on the PR2 I have in garage. :)

Dave

I'll let you know more as soon as I see the final schedule.

UPDATE: Just got our schedule and we play at 11:00. So, if I try to make it over I won't be leaving until 3:00ish :-( I really want to try and make it over.

Thinking of a back-roads route from Redmond area:

Redmond to Fall City

Fall City onto crossing the I-90 at Snoqualmie

Thence onto Maple Valley

Arriving at Tech Day location

According to GMaps, it'll be a 1 hr, 17 minute ride... so just enough to bring on the pain on a stock seat I figure... ;)

Should also mean for those in this area we could make this a true day trip - up early, arrive on time, spend the day, have dinner, head back home mid-evening or so. Choice is personal at this stage on departure times and routes back, as the 405 would be a much quicker route home.

Thanks for organizing another tech day, Auburn! :yahoo: My calendar is actually free for this one, so please add me to the list. I don't have any work to do, but look forward to hanging out and helping.

Hunting season again. Didn't it happen this way last year. I'd love to come hang out, but I'll be at my cabin in the woods. Have fun gang.

Pie? Ala mode? :yahoo: Yes I will try to make it, even if I have to hitch a ride or tow the bike. And with all those guys just standing around watching, we should put them to work washing bikes that were towed there to be washed. He, he. :drinks:

Hunting season again. Didn't it happen this way last year. I'd love to come hang out, but I'll be at my cabin in the woods. Have fun gang.
Ditto here. I had initially thought I would be home that weekend, but only because the Fish and Game department gave me bum information last year when I emailed and asked when deer season would be in 2009. Good thing I checked because I had the wrong week on the calendar! :angry:

Bottom line, I'll be out of town at "my" cabin (actually a friend's) in the woods chasing Bambi :yahoo: and I'll have to miss the tech day. :angry2:

Ditto here. I had initially thought I would be home that weekend, but only because the Fish and Game department gave me bum information last year when I emailed and asked when deer season would be in 2009. Good thing I checked because I had the wrong week on the calendar! :angry:

Bottom line, I'll be out of town at "my" cabin (actually a friend's) in the woods chasing Bambi :yahoo: and I'll have to miss the tech day. :angry2:
bag your fair share of forest rats!!!