PNW Fall Tech day

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I told some of the guys at the Maupin run, I won't be able to make it to this Tech meet. Along with my already full weekends, a wedding came up on the day of the Tech meet. I am bummed to have to mis this, but there will be more later.

Carl

OK team, I will bring my annual fall tech meet smoked salmon and a few fixin's to go with it. I will also bring:

Cash for pizza

Any tools that people post up that they might need

Radio's for testing bike to bike comm gear

My electrical kit

A surplus of tall tales

Calendar for event planning

I have room at my place for a couple of riders that may need a place for a night or two over the weekend. I am just a few miles from AuburnFJR's place, send me a PM if you are interested.

David

OK team, I will bring my annual fall tech meet smoked salmon and a few fixin's to go with it. I will also bring:
Cash for pizza

Any tools that people post up that they might need

Radio's for testing bike to bike comm gear

My electrical kit

A surplus of tall tales

Calendar for event planning

I have room at my place for a couple of riders that may need a place for a night or two over the weekend. I am just a few miles from AuburnFJR's place, send me a PM if you are interested.

David
David, this year I won't be doing this, while "helping you" on your bike. lol

page3_blog_entry0_7.jpg

Have some Freeway Blasters to install, so will try and get there, if the monsoon's aren't too intense.......right...... :glare:

Dave

As of this morning, DOT pass conditions website indicates snow level down to 4000 feet on Oct. 22. Hopefully, the forecast changes so Duster19 and I can ride over.

If I can join I will bring my brake-vac. I also have a TB ProSync gauge if anyone needs to use it. I will know if I can join next week.
I need to buy some tires soon as well. AuburnFJR, when we were talking down at Windy Ridge you had recommended some web sites for tires. Can you give me those addresses again?

Thanks,
Scout,

If you don't mind riding on slightly out of date tires, you can get a really good deal at Competition Accessories on a pair of Pilot Roads. Clik that link to see the $219.99 cost. That's around $100 less than the going rate for PR2's.

Sorry, I'm not going to be able to make the tech meet. Have to go to Kauai on a business trip. :yahoo:

Guys,

Still trying to make the trip to the tech day. Would like to do the TBS and Spark plugs. Is there going to be a sync tool there or will i have to source one? Could someone shoot me the address so i can put it in the GPS. Thanks. Will confirm by Wednesday if the weather is looking good! Thanks guys!

Guys,
Still trying to make the trip to the tech day. Would like to do the TBS and Spark plugs. Is there going to be a sync tool there or will i have to source one? Could someone shoot me the address so i can put it in the GPS. Thanks. Will confirm by Wednesday if the weather is looking good! Thanks guys!

I have a TBS tool available for use and tools to do the spark plug changes.

PM sent with address.

Guys,
Still trying to make the trip to the tech day. .... Will confirm by Wednesday if the weather is looking good! Thanks guys!
KhromalusionaL -- Weather permitting and you decide to go, how about meeting in Ellensburg? Duster19 and myself were planning on meeting in E-burg and riding over the pass together.

Alright - anyone from Redmond/Kirkland/Bellevue/Eastside going down?

I finished writing my book, so I am making plans to attend this event! :D

Wondering if there is a group meeting around this area to head down to AuburnFJR's place.

Let's get either a plan in place or me clued into the current plan. ;)

duane

Wondering if there is a group meeting around this area to head down to AuburnFJR's place.

duane
Duane, Duane Duane. You know the rules: no group rides less than 100 miles unless you are on a Harley. So plan accordingly. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

duane
Duane, Duane Duane. You know the rules: no group rides less than 100 miles unless you are on a Harley. So plan accordingly. :p
Well, I was planning to head out to Fall City, down to the 90, then grab the 18 down to Auburn - that gets me half way to 100 miles!!! :D

Well always one to break the rules, we could go for meet somewhere say Fall City and then onto Auburn's place.

On the other hand by the time my navigator gets me there, the journey could well be 100 miles anyway. :p

Let me know if you want to go for it, otherwise look for a silver FJR going round in circles somewhere near Auburn.

:yahoo:

DB

Alright - anyone from Eastside going down?

duane
I'll probably be heading down from Monroe area. I typically run down 203 and take a few detours and side trips to make the ride interesting...time permitting.

--G

Alright - anyone from Redmond/Kirkland/Bellevue/Eastside going down?
I finished writing my book, so I am making plans to attend this event! :D

duane

I'll be heading down out of Kirkland (Kingsgate area). What time you leaving?

OK, knowing a plan will not form itself, I'll take a stab at this to get us started:

Saturday, Oct 24th:

• 8:00 AM - depart REI parking lot at Redmond Town Center (behind REI)
  • 8:20 AM-ish - stop at three-way intersection, Fall River - just to the right hand side
  • 8:30 AM-ish - depart Fall City en route to 90, then onto Highway 18
  • Lord knows what time it'll be, BUT, head South on Hwy 18 to Auburn
  • Double check super secret GPS coordinates; head to AubrunFJR's lair

Expected arrival: ~ 9:15 - 9:30AM

DaBrit - I think this'll cover you and allow us to hook up, if the timing works. Scout, should be easy for you and I to meet up at REI en route to FC. I plan on taking this route regardless, as it looks (on the map, anyway) to afford a bit of riding time by taking me the "Long Way Down"...

Hudson - you're welcome to join if available, too. :) Now that I'm out of the break in period, I WILL keep up on the highway. ;)

Escapeartist - is there a reasonable route that might enable you to meet us either in FC or at the turn off from the 90 to the 18? Perhaps you don't even want to be bothered with being saddled with commuting detritus such as myself (won't lump others into this group just yet. :) )... but the invitation to meet up is heartily extended all the same - happy to ride with you again. :)

I will be coming back to Kirkland the evening of the 24th, as well, for anyone interested in the run back this way.

Now, onto the most important question:

...I don't need to wash the bike, do I? ;) J/K, not gonna happen. The Black Barge is a tough bird and looks great with a bit of road dust on her flanks. :D