PNW Fall Tech day

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang! That sure looks like it was a lot of fun. I was gonna attend, then got to waffling, waffled too long, then decided to spend the weekend with Wifey in Portland, who was stuck at home, as she was on-call for the week end for her hospital.

You know today was going to be a good day, when you start it with one of Marissa's pies for breakfast [yes I did get out of there with a pie].

Bryan and Marissa and the girls [MSU is lucky to get her], what a class act. Can't say enough!

There were lots of original guys and bunch new guys [& gals]. Truly a great bunch.

Dave "•An international flair with Brits and Aussies in attendance, it seems the Canadians remain too timid to attend." Sportsguy filled the Canadian spot quite well.

Chris, it was good to see you and that hot bike.

Tires were flying off, lots of TBS's going on, head lights and shelves, folks thinking about the weather on the passes and ahchiu [Marcus] quietly cussing in the back corner.

Me eating pie. What a great day :good:

What a wonderful event! Like all have said before, a great big thank you to Bryan, Marissa and family for hosting. It does seem good to get a hand tool in my had rather than a keyboard!

And thanks to the crew for letting me try to keep up with them on the way home. Boy do I have a lot to learn!

Jeff.

We did not get to do a group picture like last year, but I think we should update the PNW contact list what do you think? I think Auburn/Brian has the original list. along with our real name add our fourm name.

You know today was going to be a good day, when you start it with one of Marissa's pies for breakfast [yes I did get out of there with a pie].
Bryan and Marissa and the girls [MSU is lucky to get her], what a class act. Can't say enough!

There were lots of original guys and bunch new guys [& gals]. Truly a great bunch.

Dave "•An international flair with Brits and Aussies in attendance, it seems the Canadians remain too timid to attend." Sportsguy filled the Canadian spot quite well.

Chris, it was good to see you and that hot bike.

Tires were flying off, lots of TBS's going on, head lights and shelves, folks thinking about the weather on the passes and ahchiu [Marcus] quietly cussing in the back corner.

Me eating pie. What a great day :good:

I didn't know sportsguy was a sure enough Canuck, I stand corrected. The Commonwealth was well represented indeed. Sorry sportsguy.

Thanks to all for attending. It was a lot of fun. Glad to see a lot of new people (and significant others) come. It will take a couple more times of seeing a few of you to get the names right!

The weather was outstanding, the company was great!

No worries Beamer. We keep a low profile when we travel. ;) . Sadly, I had to surrender my beaverskin hat when I moved here, else it would have been obvious.

*note to self: recall the polar bear dispatched to Beamers house ...

Sounds like a good time was had by all. I'd sure like to attend, but I've been hunting deer longer than I've been riding an FJR. Priorities, you know?! So for anyone planning next years tech meet, please don't pick October 16-24, 2010.

I was up at our condo at Mt. Baker with the wifey.... no kids, no phones, no TV.... just us. :yahoo:

As one of the first-timers, this was an incredible experience! First of all, I got my bike in Bryan's garage first thing and George showed me how to do the TBS. Very easy when someone is helping who's done it before. In fact, after George left, I helped on another one... hey I'm an expert now!

I was the lucky one who abducted Bryan's spare set of PR2s :yahoo: I think Bryan took pity on me with my 14.5k on original tires (yikes!) So Thank you Bryan, the new PR2s feel really good. The bike feels more stable and it feels a whole lot better in the corners compared to those old tires!

Bryan and Marissa, you are wonderful people to host this and you are truely AMAZING hosts! How gracious and how generous of you to share your home with all of us. Thank you so much!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
:( :( :( :( So sorry I had to miss this event and the comradery. And the weather was great. :( Oh well, I just had to put up with a week in Kauai. :p :lol: Next time.