AGirl's journey: East Coast 2007

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AGirl

Reaction score
ON THE ROAD ...(reside in AZ-85338, CA-96150,
I've been a bit busy (um, riding!) to do much posting here, but after meeting two forum members this past week I thought I'd post up the reports that include them. Tuesday (FJReady) can be found HERE, and Thursday (FJRandy) HERE. I'm leaving the New England area tomorrow, future reports found: HERE

AGirl

p.s. To answer an oft asked question, my 13 week old '07 has eclipsed 15k miles.

I've been enjoying reading your reports and seeing the photos. Thanks for posting them.

How's your bike running? Still have the issues you had earlier?

Hope things are going well for you now on your trip. I wished I could have met up with you on your swing through New England. Good luck Agirl.

Tom

I've been enjoying reading your reports and seeing the photos. Thanks for posting them.How's your bike running? Still have the issues you had earlier?
Glad you are enjoying the reports. :) Still having trouble w/the bike unfortunately (only at elevation and only with a FAST elevation gain). The FJR's journey will be ending in the next two weeks; hopefully the problem will be resolved by the time I come back to the East Coast and get it late Aug/early Sept. My own journey will continue on another bike to AK.

Hope things are going well for you now on your trip. I wished I could have met up with you on your swing through New England. Good luck Agirl.Tom
Thanks, Tom. I will be back in your neck of the woods late Sept/early Oct for the leaves. :yahoo:

Maybe if I'm lucky Randy can help me with another tire! :D

AGirl

===> P.S. I'm looking for a bit of help in Calgary if anyone knows someone who lives there. I need to store my camping equipment (2 bags) for 7-10 days in early July. I'm picking up a passenger (my Dad) at the Calgary airport and riding a loop for 7-10 days then I'll be going on to AK. Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite inspiring, u go AGirl ;) Really Enjoyed reading about your journeys!

Great write-up and pics as usual!

Agirl, do you work??? 15k in 13 weeks! Did you figure out how to get yamaha to pay you to ride that FJR?

Where do I sign up???

When you come back to New England you better look me up. I could show you some nice views and roads. Or I'm here in VT if you need any help.

Tom

WOOHOO! I'm famous! :yahoo:

Well.......sort of. B)
Thanks AGirl for the report.

It is always good to put names with faces and especially the face and name of the great wire master himself.... :rolleyes:

Stay safe out there and I look forward to more reports.

I will be back in your neck of the woods late Sept/early Oct for the leaves. :yahoo:
Wish I had seen this sooner - that run from Lewes down to Assateague a few days ago put you right in my back yard - I would have met up and spun a few miles with you, and likely bored the hell out of you with Delmarva coast history and trivia.

WOOHOO! I'm famous! :yahoo:

Well.......sort of. B)
Thanks AGirl for the report.

It is always good to put names with faces and especially the face and name of the great wire master himself.... :rolleyes:

Stay safe out there and I look forward to more reports.

Don't forget about the future wire master. She wanted to ride Agirl's bike. ;) ;) :D

Hmmm........the GREAT wire master. Kind of catchy ring to it.

Agirl, call the tire in, have it delivered to me, and we'll do the same thing as last time. No problem.

raclow, you want a better pic to go with the name?

Here's my most famous pose. :p

Randyfingerpic.jpg

And my second most famous....

Ihavearrived.jpg

Happy now? The mystery is over. :D

What happened, did you cut your finger??? :lol: :lol:

I'm happy as a Pig in Shit :D :D

Thanks for the pics......with all of the wisdom you provide to the forum, I thought you would be older..... :D :D :lol:

Have a great day!!!!

Hi AGirl,

I see in your reports that you came through Norfolk, VA. If I had known I probably could've pointed out some of the area's finer happenings while visiting the flatlands. This time of the year always has many festivals & arts show type stuff happening in Norfolk & Virginia Beach.

There isn't much in the way of loopy roads here, though. If you like sand, you're in the right place!

If ever again in the area, please contact me.

Heidi

Last edited by a moderator:
Ditto what Heidi said. We live in Stafford VA which is just north of Fredericksburg and Chancellorsville. Great road (Ely's Ford Rd) right at the intersection of the CVille battlefield.

Hey AGirl,

SWM (who owns '04 FJR) looking for SWF (who also owns an FJR) who loves to ride.

I also enjoy kayaking and canoeing, mountain biking and camping.

WILL YOU MARRY ME AND MAKE ME THE LUCKIEST MAN ALIVE??????

If you ever find yourself riding through Burlington, Iowa (I know what you're thinking, "Why would I ever ride through Iowa"?) send me an email cause I'd love to meet you and ride with you.

Thanks for the trip journal.

Dan

Hey AGirl,
SWM (who owns '04 FJR) looking for SWF (who also owns an FJR) who loves to ride.

I also enjoy kayaking and canoeing, mountain biking and camping.

WILL YOU MARRY ME AND MAKE ME THE LUCKIEST MAN ALIVE??????

If you ever find yourself riding through Burlington, Iowa (I know what you're thinking, "Why would I ever ride through Iowa"?) send me an email cause I'd love to meet you and ride with you.

Thanks for the trip journal.

Dan
:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: