Check Out This Rumor About The 2006 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spine60

Reaction score
Apparently they are putting the 6 speed and electronic cruise control on the 06 instead of waiting for the 07. This is why it was pulled from the website. Don't know if that is a fact, but that is the buzz. :eek:

If this is true, my 05 will be traded in day 1. :bleh:

Last edited by a moderator:
If this is true, I will be standing outside the dealership waiting for it to open.

Hey, wait a second. I dont really care about another gear and my audiovox works like a champ!?!?

-BD

After all of the farkeling time invested, it would probablly take more than that to get me to trade my '05 in.

Apparently they are putting the 6 speed and electronic cruise control on the 06 instead of waiting for the 07. This is why it was pulled from the website. Don't know if that is a fact, but that is the buzz. :eek:
If this is true, my 05 will be traded in day 1. :bleh:
6 speed... whatever. I bet if they put one in, nobody will like it.

Datapoint: My Aprilia has a 6 speed. Guess what? final drive ratio is same as the FJR's 5 speed.

Datapoint: SO's new-to-her '96 VFR has a 6 speed- it's turning 4k rpm at 55 mph in 6th. Now, it's down a bit on power compared to the FJR, but still- all you get with more gears on a relatively large motor is more practice shifting.

Cruise control... again, whatever. I might see it as somewhat interesting, except I also see it as somewhat dangerous- one of the early warning signs for fatigue is not being able to maintain a steady speed.

I really, really don't get it.

Since I have lead a very deprived life and have not *yet* owned a FJR...

please please please let the rumor be true.

The real question... rumor or trumor? (trumor = half rumor / half truth)

May I ask where the 'buzz' is coming from?

The other comment posted elsewhere.. something about the 05's having not sold out & Yammie dealers screaming about mamma yamma advertising the new and improved 06's seems to ring truer..

but then again please oh please.

Horseshit!

Just another good internet fish story. Yammie already posted (then took down) changes for 06. You don't add a 6th gear and speed control easily or overnight.

Horseshit!
Just another good internet fish story. Yammie already posted (then took down) changes for 06. You don't add a 6th gear and speed control easily or overnight.
Yea, my thoughts exactly. Especially, when it's so clear that the real reason is so they can add an air bag. :bigeyes:

Another potential problem with a 6-speed tranny is a higher potential for trans failure due to smaller gear sets to fit 6 iin the space of 5 gears we have today.

Not saying its impossible to engineer a 6 speed box, but they seem to be reserved for close-ratio track bikes and hyper-speed uber bikes . . . . .

Come on guyz and gals (I've seen the posts from the estrogen-endowed enthusiasts)...

the true reason is that Yamaha is delaying so they can put in...

the CASSETTE gearbox! :D

Just remember WHERE this "rumor" originated - Gold Wing web site! :haha:

Last edited:
I really think they pulled it so as they can dunp the remaining 2005 units in their inventory.

Take a very close look at the pics in the other threads. It looks to me the "rework" of the FJR for the '06 was purely external "bolt-on" components. New bodywork, dash bits, forks, footpeg brackets, rad. The frame-engine bits look the same as the '05.

Just my $0.02 worth.

- Colin

Take a very close look at the pics in the other threads. It looks to me the "rework" of the FJR for the '06 was purely external "bolt-on" components.
I pretty much agree- I suspect that if you dig down deep enough, all the '06 mods would bolt onto the first gen FJR.

Check this out.

The 2006 is back on the Yammy web page in Italy and the colors offered are

Ocean Depth Blue

Desert Metallic

Silver Storm

No mention of a 6-speed tranny. Gone is the Cobalt Blue color option that was initially featured.

Mama Yama sure loves to keep us guessing :unsure:

Stef

Ocean Depth Blue

Desert Metallic

Silver Storm

No mention of a 6-speed tranny. Gone is the Cobalt Blue color option that was initially featured.
I dunno what Yamaha website you're looking at, but the one I'm looking at says:

Cobalt Blue

This has been a test of the emergency post-doubling system. Had this been a real emergency, the doubled post would have been left for your amusement. This now concludes this test of the emergency post-doubling system.

QUOTE (teerex51 @ Sep 14 2005, 04:00 AM) The 2006 is back on the Yammy web page in Italy and the colors offered are

Ocean Depth Blue

Desert Metallic

Silver Storm

I dunno what Yamaha website you're looking at, but the one I'm looking at says:

Cobalt Blue

Latest posts