Any riders in chicago area??

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evilmedic13

Reaction score
Just lookin to expand my ridin base. Most of my guys either have a harley and dont want to do anything other than cruise @50 and hit bars,or their schedule been suckin lately. I 'm on Chicago Fire Dept w/ the worst schedule in the world :jester: 24hrs on(which can get a little crazy) but 72 hrs off isn't too bad. ;) :beach: feel free to e-mail me.

Not one response? :beee: I do shower regularly, is there something i need to know? Or did post too late? :dntknw:

EM, Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I've been having an addition put on my house so didn't get much riding time in this summer. Had to put the bikes at a friends so I could have the garage expanded in the process. I'm out in Arl Hts. Don't write on the forum often, but read pretty regularly.

Scott

Just lookin to expand my ridin base. Most of my guys either have a harley and dont want to do anything other than cruise @50 and hit bars,or their schedule been suckin lately. I 'm on Chicago Fire Dept w/ the worst schedule in the world :jester: 24hrs on(which can get a little crazy) but 72 hrs off isn't too bad. ;) :beach: feel free to e-mail me.
I have no bike now, but I have an 06 FJR on order. I had and 05 and sold it. I also had a BMW K1200LTE and sold that too. Garage is available this winter...hurray!

I have a great riding friend in Mundelein. He is also a firefighter, same type of schedule as you. He rides a BMW LT...if that is OK.

I am in Milaukee, but that is not too far from you.

We would love to hook up this spring. Keep us in mind.

I am Marc and he is Phil.

I'm in NW Indiana if you get out this way. But I may like to head up to WI for some cheese.

Maybe you could lead an early morning lower Wacker drive tour. I went to the Lyric last weekend and thought it was a parking garage. I hit a worm hole and ended up 5 mi off target. But that looks like it could be fun early on a Sunday morning.

Anyway put me on a list for an occasional ride. All we got out here are straight county roads, maybe lower Michigan?

Bruce

I'm downstate near Peoria, Waiting for my 06A to show up, I still have and will keep my vulcan 750(great commutor bike), give me a shout out (PM)sometime if you think the ride would be worth a trip to Chicago.

Live in Naperville with an '05, and have a buddy in the Lockport area with an '03.

OK. If this doesn't make you laugh, nothing will.....

I'm reading VFR Rider's posting and thinking "Cool....there's another '03 FJR rider near Lockport :D I need to meet him (or her)". Then I read VFR Rider's signature and think "Even cooler! There's a FJR rider in Naperville and he's also a MSF Certified Instructor like me. I definitely have to meet him." :yahoo: .

About 15 seconds later, my excitement subsided as I realized that the rider in Naperville was my friend, Greg, and the guy near Lockport he was referring to was ME!! :fool:

I'm not saying I'm slow, but perhaps I should consider scooting around on a nice Vespa instead of piloting a FJR1300

QUOTE(FastJoyRide @ Jul 7 2006, 02:49 PM)

Thanks Randy - we'll drop in there next week! Any receommendations on a bike or accessories shop with a good range of mesh riding pants in the area? We bought FirstGear mesh jackets through NewEnough, which fit great, but I'm leery to buy pants without trying them on first.

Dave,

I don't live in the area. Suggesting you checkout the midwest section and thumb through the posts to find the Chicago area riders to get some guidance. For example, this post might get you started.

Good luck and safe travels.

--------------------

IBA# 23585

Anybody on this thread able to help a brother?

Live in Rockford, but get down towards Chicago a few times a week. Just picked up my '06 a few weeks ago.

Live in Rockford, but get down towards Chicago a few times a week. Just picked up my '06 a few weeks ago.
Hey Trigger,

You goin, to the CFO up in Sparta, WI next weekend?
I would love to, but I can't make it. My wife and I have a 8 month old little boy, and it seems like we never have time to get anything done. My weekends are VERY full. If you (anybody for that matter) want to get together on a Saturday or Sunday morning, just let me know, and I will try to make the time.

TriggerT

AKA - Tim

Hey Trigger,

You goin, to the CFO up in Sparta, WI next weekend?
I would love to, but I can't make it. My wife and I have a 8 month old little boy, and it seems like we never have time to get anything done. My weekends are VERY full. If you (anybody for that matter) want to get together on a Saturday or Sunday morning, just let me know, and I will try to make the time.

TriggerT

AKA - Tim

My next three weekends are full :CFO/Trip with wifey/Hooterville 400. However, I wouldn't mind some Saturday morning or Sunday morning ride out to the Rock River...

In October, November or next year...