FREE Pirelli Diablo Strada when you buy a rear

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smitty141

My name is Smitty.. And I have a motorcycle proble
Reaction score
A buddy posted this on another board. Buy a rear diablo strada, and receive a free front. There is a shipping charge, but still a great savings.

Administrator you may want to move to Parts and Accessories. Just wanted the greatest number of guys to see this. Thanks Smitty

Heres the link..

free front tire

Last edited by a moderator:
It should be the other way around. YMMV, but my front Pirelli would have outlasted two rears. Without tread grooves crossing the middle of the rear, I had a hard time telling when it was worn down, and ended up replacing it (with an Avon) after about 4000 miles. The front went 11,000 plus, and I'm going to replace it with another Pirelli as soon as I get the bike back from the shop. I loved the Pirelli's, but just went through the back a little too fast for my liking. The Avon rear has 5000 on it now and looks like it will do another five. Like I said before, YMMV. Go for it.

I ran them on my FJR and liked them. I think there close to the avons. May wear just a little better. I don't think you can loose on that deal... ;) smitty

This is a good deal, but like most rebate-type deals, it has an onerous set of restrictions and hoops to jump through and if there is a screw up, god help you getting it straightened out. I did this deal with Pirelli a couuple years ago and they double-charged me the $25 shipping and handling. It took me 2-3 months and four phone calls to get the lousy $25 put back on my card.

MSNBC just had a big article about how often rebates are never sent without the consumer complaining. Although I'm not hard core about it, I'm trying to do my part by not buying things with rebates and marketing gimmicks like this. If we all did this, then these things would die and the mfgs would be forced to simply lower their prices, saving us all a lot of headaches.

- Mark

I'm with you there, markjenn. Rebates suck! Marketing ploy, however successful, but still a ploy. I'd love to see the stats on how many are never redeemed. I bet it's near 30%. I like to avoid rebate offers, but if I buy something and it's got a rebate, you can bet your ass I'm sending it in! Sears is bad about that. We like Kenmore appliances, so we always check Sears for good deals. Sure enough, new microwave oven had a $50 rebate. I sent it in. Took six weeks to get it, but it finally came.

Unfortunately, none of the vehicles I'm interested in have rebates. I think my tastes exceed my income. There's a lot of that going around, I hear. :D

If anyone wants to take advantage of this promotion they better be quick about it. The promotion is also posted on Sport-Touring.net and I would guess a lot of other sites and 1,000 tires are not that many. It sounds like the last time they did a promotion like this they ran out of tires in just a few days.

I put the Strada's on last year the day before I left to go to EOM 05.

They were and still are great tires.

I now have a little over 6000 miles on the set.

The rear is starting to develope a flat spot along the center , because I ride to and from work with few turns.

A few pounds of air take care of that.

I think I will get at least another 1000 or two out of them.

I recommend the tires.

Mark

Administrator you may want to move to Parts and Accessories. Just wanted the greatest number of guys to see this.
You're right. You should have put it there to begin with. Please post in the appropriate forum the first time in the future please. Let the users decide if they want to see this in it's appropriate place instead of forcing it on folks in this thread.

Thanks.

Administrator  you may want to move to Parts and Accessories. Just wanted the greatest number of guys to see this.
You're right. You should have put it there to begin with. Please post in the appropriate forum the first time in the future please. Let the users decide if they want to see this in it's appropriate place instead of forcing it on folks in this thread.

Thanks.
Sorry, didn't mean no harm. Wasn't forcing, Just thought it was good info.. :russian: Smitty

Administrator  you may want to move to Parts and Accessories. Just wanted the greatest number of guys to see this.

Thanks.
Sorry, didn't mean no harm. Wasn't forcing, Just thought it was good info.. :russian: Smitty
Don't shoot yourself Smitty! Just don't screw up ever again! :assasin:

:lol:

No, shootings good.
traitor.jpg

Try Sporttour.com.THey're right here in Cincinnati and I've been to their store (point is they're real). $111.95 for the rear.

MSNBC just had a big article about how often rebates are never sent without the consumer complaining. Although I'm not hard core about it, I'm trying to do my part by not buying things with rebates and marketing gimmicks like this. If we all did this, then these things would die and the mfgs would be forced to simply lower their prices, saving us all a lot of headaches.
I used to feel the same way, but I've since changed my mind. I LOVE rebates. Why??? Because a lot of people don't bother/forget to send in the rebate form, and manufacturers count on it, so they can offer a larger discount with a rebate and still make a better profit than they can if they just lower the price across the board. I've forgotten to send in a couple myself, but I'm willing to roll those dice. So far, I've never had sent in a rebate form and not received what I was due, but if that happens to me, I reserve the right to change my mind.

I might give these Stradas a try.

I've been running the Stradas now for over 7,500 miles and they show very little wear. I think I'm gonna order a set and just hang on to them. It sounds like a great deal. Been happy with the way they have been performing so I'll go for another run on them.

Tim

I took advantage of a similar deal a few years ago on a Diablo for my Monster. I received the tire as promised, no problems. I do not need tires yet, but I was planning on running the Stradas so I went to my local dealer this morning, purchased a rear and mailed my info in. I know I could have purchased the tire cheaper elsewhere, but the dealer offered me a reasonable discount and I made the price compromise and took it. One good thing that came from it is that while I was there they offered me a great deal on a used 650 V-strom that is about to be traded in. I have been thinkning about adding a V-Strom and this particular one ( I know the owner) would make a great buy. Now I only have to convince my wife!

Shep