FREE Pirelli Diablo Strada when you buy a rear

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
did ya notice they will only let you buy the rear tire from one place

:angry:

did ya notice they will only let you buy the rear tire from one place :angry:
Hmmm, and at 186.95 + 25.00 for the rear, it's still a bit of a discount. Also a bit of a scam, me thinks.

You may want to take another look, I see no such restriction.

BTW, I'm in!
From the terms page:

Each consumer must list the dealership where they purchased their qualifying rear Diablo Strada tire: You must purchase your tire from a Parts Unlimited dealer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my last set of Avons through a little independent dealer who has a small repair shop, 1 mechanic and sell touring gear. $212 and free mounting and balancing. Just had him remove the tires off the bike and reinstall. $275 total. Just drove it in and picked it up. Did a great job.

Hmmm, and at 186.95 + 25.00 for the rear, it's still a bit of a discount. Also a bit of a scam, me thinks.
From Southwest Moto Tires the set costs about $6.00 more than this deal, to your door, without the paperwork and waiting for the second tire. I guess it depends how bad you want to save $6.00 and/or how much of a hurry you're in to get the tires.

However, $6.00 is a great savings while also supporting your local storefront dealer, as opposed to having him mount tires you carry in from somewhere else. Kind of an ethics and economics decision.

Damn it! Here we go again --- I didn't read the part about buying the tire from a Parts Unlimited dealer. Well here we go---- now I've got to try to cancel the tire order from who I bought it from, try to buy a tire from a Parts Unlimited dealer, maybe try to get my $25.00 back from Pirelli -- jesus ------

Smitty is the KING of the deal! He can snif out a penny from a mile away!

Having said that, when I went to look around the rest of the website at the rebate page, nothing came up. Makes me nervous. I think I'll keep my credit card number and such to myself. After you guys get your tires (or get screwed), lemme know and I'll jump on board if the deal is still going. Looks a little fishy to me, though.

--Nervous Nelly

PS: Still riding a pair of Stradas with about 5K on them. Seem to be holding up quite well, but the rear is flatted in the center quite a bit. Definitely going to keep Pirelli in the armamentarium, but putting on Avons in the Spring (just because I already have them...).

A bit off topic, but Pirelli must be trying to strengthen their position in NA. Just last week, they were at Durhamtown Plantation (dirtbike mecca in GA) installing free tires, that's a full set - front and rear, on all bikes, if you wanted them.

Of course, I was there the week before. If I'm not a day late, I'm a week early. The KTM sure could have used a new pair of free shoes!

Yeah, in their "terms and conditions" they state ya' gotta buy the rear tire from a PARTS Unlimited dealer or you are outta luck with the promo.

Each consumer must list the dealership where they purchased their qualifying rear Diablo Strada tire: You must purchase your tire from a Parts Unlimited dealer.

Last edited:
Update to all interested in this promotion -

I emailed the retailer (https://www.americanmototire.com) where I bought the rear tire over the weekend to see if I could cancel the purchase as I explained that to take advantage of the 'free ffront tire' you had to buy from a Parts Unlimited dealers. This was pointed out in the fine details as pointed out earlier in this thread. Here is their response:

Hello,

Thank you for your order. Every retailer, including ourselves, that sell Pirelli or Metzeler are Parts Unlimited dealers considering this is the only company in the United States who distributes these brands of tires. Yes, we are Parts Unlimited dealers. Do you still want to cancel?. Thanks again.

So there you go! I hope that answers that question - and I am proceeding full steam ahead. Regards -

Mike

PS - again the above retailer had the best price for a rear tire that I could find - for what its worth.

Just curious on storing these tires,

Me set typically lasts about 12k miles, I do have Stradas on and they are really great, even on wet.

But if we store them in a garage, hot/cold/humid/dry...does that effect the rubber?

Currently, I do have about 4000k on them

Just curious on storing these tires,
Me set typically lasts about 12k miles, I do have Stradas on and they are really great, even on wet.

But if we store them in a garage, hot/cold/humid/dry...does that effect the rubber?

Currently, I do have about 4000k on them
2247302-plus1.gif

I don't expect to need another set until at least November, but I hate to pass up a good deal if they store okay.

you can store tires in a cool/dry place. don't put it near an electrical motor or anything. they will last a while. generally you can use street tires for about 4 or 5 years from the "born on" date on the sidewall. it's a four digit code like 3204. that means it was made on the 32nd week of 2004. so just store the tires in a decent location and you're good to go.

BTW if anyone is trying to figure out if their tires came from a Parts Unlimited dealer go here to find out:

https://www.parts-unlimited.com/dealers.html

but basically if they were bought in the US it probably had to come from Parts Unlimited as they are the only distributor in the US.

Hello,     Thank you for your order. Every retailer, including ourselves, that sell Pirelli or Metzeler are Parts Unlimited dealers considering this is the only company in the United States who distributes these brands of tires. Yes, we are Parts Unlimited dealers. Do you still want to cancel?. Thanks again.
A set of tires should only last 6 to 8 weeks on a fjr. If they last longer than that you should sell your FJR and take up bikini waxing in a old folks home. Because you not riding near enough..hard enough!!! :bleh: Smitty

Update to all interested in this promotion -
I emailed the retailer (https://www.americanmototire.com) where I bought the rear tire over the weekend to see if I could cancel the purchase as I explained that to take advantage of the 'free ffront tire' you had to buy from a Parts Unlimited dealers.  This was pointed out in the fine details as pointed out earlier in this thread.  Here is their response:

Hello,

Thank you for your order. Every retailer, including ourselves, that sell Pirelli or Metzeler are Parts Unlimited dealers considering this is the only company in the United States who distributes these brands of tires. Yes, we are Parts Unlimited dealers. Do you still want to cancel?. Thanks again.

So there you go!  I hope that answers that question - and I am proceeding full steam ahead.  Regards -

Mike

PS - again the above retailer had the best price for a rear tire that I could find - for what its worth.
Hey Mike,

I took your que and went with AMT as well, thanks for the tip!

As to wether they were a Parts Unlimited dealer (since I was reading the fine print), I just searched their website for "Parts Unlimited" and found out that indeed, they are.

Here's a question for you though: Did you send in the printout of your order confirmation as proof or purchase, or are you waiting for the tire to arrive to send in the packing slip/receipt along with the claim form?

I sent Pirelli an e-mail with this question, and have not gotten a response as of yet. It is only Monday after all :rolleyes:

Shane