FREE Pirelli Diablo Strada when you buy a rear

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone still waiting on their freebee front tire from Pirelli? I'm wondering if they sent it and Fedex f'ed up and lost it. I was one of the last folks to request the rebate form.
Any replies would be appreciated.

I noticed they had a 'check consumer claim' web link. Apparently they did not recieve my documentation, even though I sent it on 4/4/06.
Try emailing them at the link on their claims or promotion page. I hope they make tires better than they handle customer service issues :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, just took advantage of the Pirelli offer. There were 80 tires left when I submitted my electronic application yesterday and there are 76 left today as per the website (https://www.canada.getpirelli.com/home.html). I still have a LOT of life left in my set of Avon's. But it sure is nice to know that I have some waiting in the wings!

John.

I just ordered a rear "E" spec from Chaparral Motorsports for $117.XX plus $9.00 shipping. They dinged me for CA sales tax but it was still the best price I could find and out-of-staters would get it for about $126.00 delivered.

Also called the local Harley dealer and found out they'll mount it on a carry-in wheel for $22.50

Sweet!

I wonder if I'll have to pay extra for the 100mph+ balance.

J/K!

Toe corrected me. The tire listed on Chapparal's website is not the right one. You have to call them, for now, anyway. Information posted by ToeCutter below...

I like that price! I went to the website, and for the rear FJR tire, it shows 122.97 and that it is OOS. Add $9 shipping and that's about what other vendors are getting for the tire.
Toe, you sure you got the right tire? Or am I looking at the wrong one?

Chapparal
The only rear tire they show online is a 150/70ZR17

The 180/55ZR17"E" is not listed on their website, I had to call them. They gave me a part number of 329-03020063 for the price of $117.00

They said it was in stock and would go out today.

Yep, My Bad... again.

I was having a discussion with another forum member... debating whether all EMS tires were actually "E" tires and which sites had them properly listed.

Looks like Chapparal is getting top billing. 'Cept for the fact that you have to call them. Maybe they'll update their website....

Cool that it was going out today.

Thanks for the tip!!!!!

Just did my tire order yesterday and mailed the stuff off. Even though my scoot is brand new, I know I'll need tires by the end of the season.

Thanx again to this Forum for saving me big $$$.

NFlyer

Just did my tire order yesterday and mailed the stuff off. Even though my scoot is brand new, I know I'll need tires by the end of the season.
Thanx again to this Forum for saving me big $$$.
Wasn't aware of the deal in Canada until today. Ordered TWO rears (one for me and one for the wife) and placed my Canadian order for $15 freebies. System says there are some 44 tires up here in the frozen north left to claim ast this time.
Paid C$158 each for the rears - supposedly I will get the 'E' versions - which the web site says are 5mm wider and have 2mm larger diameter (which I take to mean more rubber/tread depth).

Documents will be going to Pirelli via registered mail from me and from two friends who are also availing themselves of the promotion, all in the same envelope.

Paid C$158 each for the rears - supposedly I will get the 'E' versions - which the web site says are 5mm wider and have 2mm larger diameter (which I take to mean more rubber/tread depth).
Did you order them online from a Canuk supplier or are they coming up from the US?

I can't seem to find a decent discount supplier up here and the border charges are murder! :(

Local motorcycle shop in Montreal. But to the best of my knowledge, they don't ship.

The only rear tire they show online is a 150/70ZR17The 180/55ZR17"E" is not listed on their website, I had to call them. They gave me a part number of 329-03020063 for the price of $117.00

They said it was in stock and would go out today.
Well, the tire just showed up and it's not an "E". Called the dickheads, they only stock what's listed in the six-month-old catalog by size, even though I specified an "E" tire. They had no clue. "I wish you would have told me about that when I ordered it". :angry03:

Got the following e-mail comment about the 'E' after asking whether I should return the tire and reorder:

The "E" spec tire is designed specifically for the FJR1300, and thus in order to receive the best performance and mileage for the bike, it is recommended you follow the spefication from the brochure.

I stopped by a local dealer today to pick up a tankbag he had ordered for me. Retail plus tax was cheaper than internet plus shipping.

I asked about tires. He quoted me too high. I told him no thanks, I can get it for $150.00 delivered. He said he could match the price. I pick it up Wednesday.

Now I just have to get the last two messes straightened out.

I didn't get in early enough for the free front, so I ordered up a set from my buddy at https://www.fullpowercycle.com/ Eddie, Matt, Ben & I had a cookout before we replaced with the new Pirelli's...

smokiesmall.jpg

Boy , those ugly Conti's fry up good, Burn baby burn!!!!!!!

With the Pirelli's on now, what a difference!!!!

Also called the local Harley dealer and found out they'll mount it on a carry-in wheel for $22.50
Sweet!

I wonder if I'll have to pay extra for the 100mph+ balance.

J/K!
Hmm, different story when I showed up with my Japanese wheel. "Yeah, somebody quoted me $22.50 on the phone".

"You want it balanced too?"

Long story short, it went to $37.50

"Forget it, I'll just go to the dealer".

Asshats. I really felt treated like less-than in that place with their condescending attitudes. Maybe if I wore "the costume" and had the goatee. I just can't see wearing full-length pants and 5lb. black leather boots when it's 80 degrees out.

One of the techs walked by and commented on my wheel. "That's an interesting engagement gear. It's a shaft drive?"

He was looking at the ABS ring. Probably best I didn't leave it there.

BTW, nice BBQ ZZZzz! I could use that picture to explain to people why I don't let anybody else ride my bike. It looks identical. It looks nice.

Well, the tire just showed up and it's not an "E". Called the dickheads, they only stock what's listed in the six-month-old catalog by size, even though I specified an "E" tire. They had no clue. "I wish you would have told me about that when I ordered it". :angry03:
Toe, you sure have a hard time with tires. I have an extra "E" tire in my garage that I will sell to you at a price that can't be beat -- all you have to do is pick it up. :D

:****:

So, I go on down the highway to Wilson's, the happy tick repair place. Guy says $12.00, I almost laughed. I told him to recalculate, $25.00 ('cause I didn't buy the tire there). That's better. I ask them nicely to install the Ariete 90 degree valve stem from Sport Bike Effects (like that plug Jeff?) and they said okay. Then I point out the sticker denoting the location of the SmartTire sensor underneath and explain how it's attached. He makes a note on the work order.

Phone rings three hours later. "Hey, ya know that piece you told us about? The strap that holds it on broke. We're gonna source one locally and get it fixed up, but there's another piece that we can't figure out where to put. Is that a stock piece (the sensor)?"

Me- <serenity mantra> "No, it's aftermarket. I'm gonna have to see what your talking about".

"Okay, we'll call you when we find the strap and you can come down and we'll go from there".

Cool enough. I'll show them how to put it back together.

Phone rings again an hour later. "Hey, we got it all done. Come and get it".

What kind of force does one have to apply to a sensor to rip apart a stainless strap? What y'all think my odds are the sensor will still work? Story at eleven.

Edit- Wheel re-installed last night, and sensor was sensing on short test ride. Happy ending, so far!