04' with 44K quieter than 08' with less than 3K??

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[SIZE=12pt]Gen II / Gen I[/SIZE]

kirstie%20alley%202.jpg

You guys may be on to something.....

I strapped two of these:

Grand-Piano-GP152-Black-.jpg

to my bike this afternoon and pulled one of the sparkplugs to duplicate the Gen II performance envelope, and I'd have to agree....THEN my Gen I felt truly smoother and more refined.

Dorks.....

Spoken like a true Harley owner.
Oh, wait....did I just associate a Gen II with a Harley?

Nah....never heard of a Harley that needed an ignition recall, ECU replacement, instant MPG-display replacement, wiring harness replacement & clutch soak.

But like a Harley, them Gen IIs are heavier, slower and cost more.
Anyone notice how Howie conviently forgot to mention the very Harleyesque attributes of the Gen Is? Like the tickers, heat issues, low output generators, bad CCTs, owners/operaters that are just plain ugly, and the apparent desire to date fat chicks and do it with farm/ocean animals?

The only reason RH, RJ and Scooter won't buy Gen II bikes is because the three of them together can't count to two consistently! Bastages!

Code:
Spoken like a true Harley owner.
Oh, wait....did I just associate a Gen II with a Harley?

Nah....never heard of a Harley that needed an ignition recall, ECU replacement, instant MPG-display replacement, wiring harness replacement & clutch soak.

But like a Harley, them Gen IIs are heavier, slower and cost more.
Anyone notice how Howie conviently forgot to mention the very Harleyesque attributes of the Gen Is? Like the tickers, heat issues, low output generators, bad CCTs, owners/operaters that are just plain ugly, and the apparent desire to date fat chicks and do it with farm/ocean animals?

The only reason RH, RJ and Scooter won't buy Gen II bikes is because the three of them together can't count to two consistently! Bastages!
:yahoo: Summed it up beautifully.

You guys may be on to something.....
I strapped two of these:

Grand-Piano-GP152-Black-.jpg

to my bike this afternoon and pulled one of the sparkplugs to duplicate the Gen II performance envelope, and I'd have to agree....THEN my Gen I felt truly smoother and more refined.

Dorks.....
No kidding, but the piano looks more like this:

Liberace-Piano.jpg

No doubt Liberace would be a Gen2 guy, if he were still with us.

.....owners/operaters that are just plain ugly, and the apparent desire to date fat chicks and do it with farm/ocean animals?
And anyone who knows conflict, knows you've won the battle when the personal insults come out against you.

The above insults are typical of the character of Gen2 owners. And as explained in my earlier post, no surprise,

***as we know why the bike has been dumbed-down year-by-year

We know what segment of of the population Yamaha has been targeting since 2006 and MamYama's plan is certainly is working --just look at the influx of harley guys on this board for the obvious proof.

No longer aimed at the performance oriented sport touring rider, but rather aimed at the Harley niche.

Fatter and slower, ....

I'll pass,

but ya'll enjoy, ..MamaYa went to great energy to dumb-down the bike in a plan to get you to come over to them ......and it worked.

Last edited by a moderator:
has anyone else owned Gen I and Gen II at the same time and have noticed these things??
I can't believe you guys fell for this. From an FNG no less.

You da man, Fjryder! You'll fit in just fine around here. Now, can you get 'em started on oil and filters? :clapping:

No kidding, but the piano looks more like this:
Liberace-Piano.jpg

I bet that piano plays just as perfectly as a plain-jane one from the piano shop. The only difference is this piano is more refined and more beautiful to look at. Just like my GenII. :p

The only difference is this piano is more [SIZE=12pt]refined[/SIZE] and more beautiful to look at. Just like my GenII. :p
There's that word again....."refined".....just like the sugar that made the Gen II so fat and overweight to begin with.

That explains SO much. Now I know why you Cleopatras all gush about how "refined" your porkers are. Thanks for the clarification! :rolleyes:

The only difference is this piano is more refined and more beautiful to look at. Just like my GenII. :p
My point exactly. For a queen pianist, that piano certainly would be more beautiful, just as for queen moto-bike rider -the gen2 would more 'beautiful'
But there are many of us, who choose Gen1's because of the superior performance. It really ain't any more complicated than that.

Fortunately, for those who don't put performance at the forefront, and would rather have fatter slower and ormolu ornamentation, you're in luck -as MamaYama has been making such a bike for you since 2006, -and it keeps growing, and growing and growing.

Ditto the harley riders it's designed to attract.

HA! Show of hands please...how many Gen II riders got rid of them and went BACK to the Gen I?? Yeah, thought so. You Gen I guys only know half the story. Try a Gen II and let us know if you still feel the same!! Ole "stuck in the good ole days" farts :assassin:

Bet you guys would still rather feed the chickens then walk 3 miles to school in the snow instead of taking the Mustang to school. :p

Which is quieter? Not sure about the bikes, but one thing is clear: both Gen I and Gen II owners are decidedly noisy.

I ride a Gen I (60K), can afford a Gen II, but the extra $ kills any incentive for the marginal "upgrade."

Which is quieter? Not sure about the bikes, but one thing is clear: both Gen I and Gen II owners are decidedly noisy.
I ride a Gen I (60K), can afford a Gen II, but the extra $ kills any incentive for the marginal "upgrade." definite downgrade.
FIFY.....and yes, wfooshee is right -- Mustangs suck large, green, greasy ones. :p