'06 Gauges

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still think they have put the tach in the middle, the speedo on the right, and the rest of the stuff on the left. I have a hard time seeing the tach and watching the road at the same time when i'm pushing it some.

I'd like to see them revise the current guages and make a legible speedometer. That tiny analog one is hard to read. Digital would be even better.

+1 for Geezer. And a shift light. They're adding a gear indicator? Good!
Shift light? OK. Gear indicator? Don't care.

Turn indicators that you can see in the daylight, but don't blind you at night.

How about being able to select: Volts, Air temp, Current / average MPG, Distance to Empty?

Actually, while DTE works on a cage, I suspect the fuel tank on a bike is too small to be of any accuracy at all. But I'd want that over the gear indicator.

+1 for Geezer.  And a  shift light.  They're adding a gear indicator?  Good!
Shift light? OK. Gear indicator? Don't care.

Turn indicators that you can see in the daylight, but don't blind you at night.

How about being able to select: Volts, Air temp, Current / average MPG, Distance to Empty?

Actually, while DTE works on a cage, I suspect the fuel tank on a bike is too small to be of any accuracy at all. But I'd want that over the gear indicator.
+1

A shift light? As in a light the comes on when you hit 6k RPM or something? What on earth for? That's what ears are for!

SilveradoSlick

+1 for Geezer. And a shift light. They're adding a gear indicator? Good!

Im with ya on that... :)

I haven't seen any decent photos of the '06 dash yet, and this shot of the '06 from the taillight doesn't seem to show a whole lot....

FJR_static_tcm46-79333.jpg

How 'bout a clock that continues to display on the LCD when the ignition is off? The FZ6 has this. Sheesh!

I'd like to see a full digitalization of the gauges on a color LCD. One could have either analog or digital gauge displays. Even better would be the ability to load (oh no!) gauge themes! Imagine themes based on brass, wood, chrome, comic strips, ..... Britney Spears, Back Street Boys, Hello Kitty. :puke:

How 'bout a clock that continues to display on the LCD when the ignition is off? The FZ6 has this. Sheesh!
I'd like to see a full digitalization of the gauges on a color LCD. One could have either analog or digital gauge displays. Even better would be the ability to load (oh no!) gauge themes! Imagine themes based on brass, wood, chrome, comic strips, ..... Britney Spears,  Back Street Boys, Hello Kitty.  :puke:
..and you could program the themes to change based on mph or rpm. :haha:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to see a full digitalization of the gauges on a color LCD. One could have either analog or digital gauge displays. Even better would be the ability to load (oh no!) gauge themes! Imagine themes based on brass, wood, chrome, comic strips, ..... Britney Spears, Back Street Boys, Hello Kitty. :puke:
Base it on X Windows. Imagine being able to network into the bike's X Server and use it to show displays from your mp3 & GPS/mapping software... plus read the Valentine's data port and display *that* on the bike's display.

While we're at it, where's the 2.5 Gigawatt alternator to power the Flux Capacitor?

road at the same time when i'm pushing it some.

If you are pushing it for some distance, you have other problems ;-)

Don't know how moving it around would help. I personally think it is one of the better dash layouts around. Hate digital speedos, know they are all the rage on sport bikes now, but I don't like 'em. Needle is quick and can be viewed in your periphial vision, digital has to be looked at.

Shift light, no, it isn't a sport bike.

gear indicator, yes, had it on me BMW, and it worked well.

Mirrors are great for me, glad I didn't buy the extended ones before I took delivery.

clock with power off is good

thermometer is nice too, got used to it on the VFR

fully customizable is a neat idea, but I don't see it happening soon.

Spike