06 saddle bag reflectors

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diesel

Reaction score
So I got the call yesterday,.. stopped by today to see my new baby (#289) and snap a few pic's. Picking it up early next week.

Once I got home and looked at the pic's I noticed I don't have the rectangular refectors normaly found on the lower rear corner of the bags (I'm not complaining :D )

I was wondering if any others missed out on the reflectors?....or if it's common for some to have them and some not.......my 05 had them.

145811292_94363281af_o.jpg

A lot of us yanked 'em off along with all the other DOT mandated reflectors. I know of only one '05 that was missing one as new - Ojai Roy's was short one, but I gave him mine which he located on the front of the bag hoping that it would act as a slider should the bike go over.

Last edited by a moderator:
Diesel, That's one ah th first things i pulled off my mine. BTW nice bike!!, here's my 05.

P52200038x67x5.jpg

'K....
How do you "pull 'em off"?

(The little orange sticker on the tank was bitch enough....)
Take a heat gut and set it to low. Apply 'easy' heat to the inside of the bag around area of the reflector. CAREFUL NOT TO BLISTER THE PAINT! KEEP THE HEAT MOVING! With a vice grip, grab hold the reflector and twist slowly. It will pop off fairly easily. Use GooGone to clean up the excess stickum, if any.

If your bike has 'aged' a while - this happened on the silver bikes a bit - you may find a difference in color between the newly uncovered paint and the exposed paint. Not to worry, they'll balance out after a short while.

'K....

How do you "pull 'em off"?

(The little orange sticker on the tank was bitch enough....)
Take a heat gut and set it to low. Apply 'easy' heat to the inside of the bag around area of the reflector. CAREFUL NOT TO BLISTER THE PAINT! KEEP THE HEAT MOVING! With a vice grip, grab hold the reflector and twist slowly. It will pop off fairly easily. Use GooGone to clean up the excess stickum, if any.

If your bike has 'aged' a while - this happened on the silver bikes a bit - you may find a difference in color between the newly uncovered paint and the exposed paint. Not to worry, they'll balance out after a short while.
My bike is about two weeks old so maybe that is why it was easy to remove. I simply pulled them of with my hands and cleaned the area it was removed from with no problem at all.

Scythina,

I jusy pulled 'em off with my hands also, by puttin th heal ah my hand on top & pushin down real hard, as you twist. They popped off.

Instead of a heat gun, can be dangerous even for just a second, use a hair dryer. Much less if not any chance of melting or blistering paint. For removing sticker etc , very efficient and safe.

Did you guys all miss it? Take a look at the photo from Diesel in the first message of this topic. I think the reason he doesn't have a reflector on the bag is because Yamaha put one on the tail section right behind the bag. You can see it right there. Even if you move the camera angle to the right to square up perpendicular to the bike, ytou'll still see the round red reflector. No reason to but on on the bag itself.

In addition to the reflector most US 03 to 05 owners have on the bags, that round red reflector on the tail is hidden behind the bag so you don't see it until you remove the bag.

Did you guys all miss it? Take a look at the photo from Diesel in the first message of this topic. I think the reason he doesn't have a reflector on the bag is because Yamaha put one on the tail section right behind the bag. You can see it right there. Even if you move the camera angle to the right to square up perpendicular to the bike, ytou'll still see the round red reflector. No reason to but on on the bag itself.
In addition to the reflector most US 03 to 05 owners have on the bags, that round red reflector on the tail is hidden behind the bag so you don't see it until you remove the bag.

My 06 has both, bag and license plate bracket reflector :angry2:

Bueller?

Those reflectors have always been there. On all years of FJRs. In addition to the ones on the sidebags. That way, a silly-assed reflector is there whether the sidebags are on or not.

<_<

I keep on repeating the same, here we don't have those either...and I'm not jealous...

We don't even have the ones in the front (close to brake-discs)...

Hi borrec,

You do know that slicks are for kids don't you? lol ... nice avatar.

JW :)