08 fuel miles per gallon

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an 03 but I don't really care about the milage. It's all about the ride. :yahoo:

I just returned from a 5,000 mile trip out west. My high was 53 and the low was 43. Seemed to pretty much average around 47-48.

Gary

45.7 mpg overall if the average mileage indicator on the bike is to be believed............

I have an 07a, but the mechanics are the same as an 08.

My commute to work, 30 miles each way, 90% freeway at 80 - 90mph, 42mpg actual (based on fill up), trip guage say 44mpg.

If I could stay ay 70, I'd get 50 I'm sure, but what's the fun in that.

Most I've had is 46 on a tank, worst 38. Average 41-42.

Update:

I just bettered my best!

Following a long casual group ride, with over 100 miles of freeway at 75, got over 51mpg on a tank. Trip guage said 50.5, measured fill said 51.2. Now back to normal riding and averaging the usual 41.

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in TN and I average around 43ish mpg.

However, when I took a trip out West this past Spring, I noticed that I was getting upwards of 50+ mpg in the higher elevation areas.

While in Albuquerque, NM a buddy had to stop by a Harley Dealer to have his bike looked at. The technician told him that his Harley's ECU adjusts for barometric pressure everytime he started his bike. I'm sure ours does the same thing, which explains why I was getting much better gas mileage out West (or should I say while I was traveling through NM and AZ).

I'd be interested to see if anyone else can confirm this??

At sea level, moderate to aggressive, 45 mile one-way commute 30% city/70% hwy, actual gas slips usually 5 gallons for 200+ miles = 41-42 mpg.

AE just breaking in fully at 1900 miles. Economy numbers better at 72 - 75, it seems, but then everyone is passing me.

Those Toyota Prius are all over now. Multiplying faster than mice.

1,100 miles on my '08. Still running dino oil. I average 42.1mpg with a best of 44.9 and a worst of 38.8. I am pretty aggressive with the throttle, and I'm tall so I'm sure drag is a factor. Considering an aftermarket screen to help with the later; the former is only going to get worse. :D

185 lbs, mixed riding; the average mpg/tank varies greatly.

Commuting - 45-48 mpg/tank

Hauling Ass - 32-35 mpg/tank

Since this is already in NEPRT: YamaLube increases mpg.