• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

10% discount on Russell seats

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You just don't know how bad the stock seat is until you have a Russel built.
welcome to the fold. now you can join the rest of us in unsuccessfully trying to tell people who only look at the cost and think that beads or skins or air bags can "almost do the same job".

You just don't know how bad the stock seat is until you have a Russel built.
Well, I know I've filled up and rode until the fuel warning was flashing, and my arse hurt. Damn near anything would be better than whatever that thing is they pass off as the seat...

Got mine back today, vinyl with the half moon stitching. Great quality and construction. I am looking forward to putting some miles on it. It did feel a bit higher than the stock seat and the Rich's Custom seat I borrowed.

P1000190.jpg

P1000191.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a build date of 19th November and received my seat in UK on 14th December. I have not opened the box though; I've wrapped it up and put it under our Chritmas tree ready for next Thursday!

I bought a seat pan from this site and had the seller mail the seat direct to Russell so I hope it fits! I will post a picture on Boxing Day!

Thanks for this group buy and well done to us all for getting 20% off such a brilliant product.

Later

Dave

I had a Dec 8th build Date and just got mine today. Yeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaa i can't wait to ride. It's in the teens today so maybe tomorrow i'll be able to check it out. I got the all leather rectangle pattern dual seat. Man what an excellent job and thank to the group buy for the huge discount. Picture will follow soon. :yahoo:

I sent my seat in week before last, waiting, waiting, but production date is not until 12-30 so......also going to do some other additions while the seat is gone. Good time to take the bike apart and do the annual maintenance, greasing, adding the new farkles. Think it's time for the Audiovox cruise to be added....

My date was 12/9 but my bike was stuck at my house in Upstate NY.

I E-mailed Heather and she told me to send them when I could.

I picked the bike up two weeks ago but I wanted to wait until after Christmas to send my seats in so the post office wouldn't lose them.

I'll get the pictures of my wife and I on the bike taken this weekend and get my seats out next week.

Merry Christmaramaquanzika all!

Santa got it right, looks brilliant feels so comfortable; I need to take a ride.
Thanks Heather and all at Russell,

Later

Dave
Thanks for the picture. I've wondered what mine will look like since I'm only having the front part done.

I guess we could get the rear seat covered to match but I won't bother, it looks OK to me.

Done 500 miles on it now and it is so comfortable you do not know it is there.

Later

Dave

Argghh! My build date was December 16th but I haven't heard from them yet. I am sure the holidays impacted the "2 week after build date" schedule but I hope they tell me it's shipping soon. It's a bit chilly to ride here anyway but it's just sad seeing the bike sit in the garage seatless. :(

Argh!!! You guys are killing me!!! I sent my seat in the week before Christmas with a 12-30 build date. So I guess I have plenty of time to wait on the cruise control to get in, along with the new racks, lights, mirrors, backrest, and other assorted junk?

Wifey also bought a new fridge, however, as with all new farkles, the opening for the old fridge is about 4 inches narrower than the new one, and about 6 inches shorter. So I guess I can work on that while waiting on the new farkles to show up on the door step!!! Come on UPS!!!

Wifey also bought a new fridge, however, as with all new farkles, the opening for the old fridge is about 4 inches narrower than the new one, and about 6 inches shorter. So I guess I can work on that while waiting on the new farkles to show up on the door step!!! Come on UPS!!!
Time to fire up the Sawzall. :dribble:

Yeah, I bought a bunch of electrical farkles and figured that would keep me busy until my seat arrived. Installed them all over Christmas though...currently, until my seat arrives, my life has no meaning or purpose and I am slowly slipping into the depths of despair. :blink:

Just received a call from Heather, my seat will be shipped out today :clapping: Only four more months :( and I will be able to try it out.

Just received a call from Heather, my seat will be shipped out today :clapping: Only four more months :( and I will be able to try it out.

Nonsense! Just get bundled up and head out to the garage, sit up on that nice new seat and

Don't let your wife catch you though... (don't ask)

Last edited by a moderator:
OK,

I got my new Russell and it's time to show it off...

Description: Dual Seat, All Vinyl, Graphite Black, Rectangle Design.

Both my wife & myself love it, now ready for some long trips.

Note: I have a Corbin Seat for sale, check (for sale) classified section.

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0160-1.jpg

Rummy

Ok I am VERY interested. but never have done a group buy, how does it work? I ride my bike year round and will have to find another seat pan 1st.