• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

10% discount on Russell seats

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pick up my new FJR tomorrow and I had already decided that a Russell would be one of my first purchases. Based on previous ass/seat non-compatability experience, it's a given that I will need one. I'll be ordering mine tomorrow as soon as I get home and can get a couple pictures taken for the order form.

I spoke with Heather yesterday at 6:30 est and she also told me I was #49 so it looks like we made it to 50 by now. I also got a Dec 8 production date. :yahoo: I did the online order form but since I heard of some issues with that I also faxed one in. It was a little disappointing to hear that they do not lower the seat for us shorter people (5'5"). Heather said the seat will actually be 1" taller than stock but they can narrow the front a little. After the seat is broken in I may be alright. Well I don't care I'm going for it anyway and if I end up having to lower the bike I guess I will. :drinks:

I've just placed my order online. I'll give them a call Monday to confirm they got it.

Been trying to justify dropping that much coin at this time of year, particularly when I have just bought the YES warranty from D & H Cycles, and only yesterday paid for some international flights over Xmas.

Decided the kids would rather do without gifts this Xmas, than listen to me crying about a sore ass all year. :blink:

Been trying to justify dropping that much coin at this time of year, particularly when I have just bought the YES warranty from D & H Cycles, and only yesterday paid for some international flights over Xmas.
Yeah but just think how bad you would have felt later on missing the 20% discount. :dribble:

Yeah but just think how bad you would have felt later on missing the 20% discount. :dribble:
That's the main reason I decided to get in on it.

I put it off last year, knowing that another GB would happen sometime and here it is. It is bad timing for me, but having had the opportunity to try Roadrunner's seat earlier this year, (Thanks Art), I knew this was the only way to go, and I don't regret it. (I might when the wife find's out though!!!).

Last edited by a moderator:
Just called to confirm and was told my build date is Dec. 16th...woohoo! Anybody else order the backrest with their seat or am I the only one with "special needs"?

I just got off the phone with Heather at Russell. She confirmed that the group buy is now over 50, so the 20% discount applies. She also said that the correct cut-off date is November 10, not November 3. So if you procrastinated (like me), there's still plenty of time to get your order in.

Thanks to Russells and all that are participating in the buy, the 20% discount is very nice.

The wait is killing me. I called today to see if my seat was done (oct 30th build date) only to find out that they dont build your seat on that day but it takes up to 2 weeks after that date to build the seat.could be a month total.my buddy just bought a connie 14 and is sending his seat in also. he was able to buy a ninja seat off e-bay that would fit his 14 so he can still ride while the wait is on.I would haved done the same if I knew it would be a month instead of 2 weeks.too bad we dont have a loaner seat going around the fourm like the trial v stream windshield. Bob

my buddy just bought a connie 14 and is sending his seat in also. he was able to buy a ninja seat off e-bay that would fit his 14 so he can still ride while the wait is on.I would haved done the same if I knew it would be a month instead of 2 weeks.too bad we dont have a loaner seat going around the fourm like the trial v stream windshield. Bob
I borrowed a seat from someone here in the Dallas that had his stock seat in the garage. I have put about 1800 miles on his seat in the last few weeks. My buld date was Oct 31.

I was given a build date of Dec-15. It was -4 C this morning with snow in parts of the province on the weekend so it's time to put the bike into hibernation until March or April

Another with a build date of December 16, and the email confirmed that it would take two weeks from the build date to get through production, and also that everyone that is part of the group buy will be getting the 20% discount.

Thanks for setting this one up Bob.

My seat is on order today.

Graphite, all leather, small squares.

This will be my second Russell- my butt thanks me every day!!!!!

Well, add one more to the tally, so we are well over the 50 min...I ordered via the web site on October 29, called today to confirm, and Heather did not have the order. So I faxed it in today, will check again tomorrow to make sure she got the fax. I don't have a build date yet, but heading out December 10th for a ride to the Hill Country, so maybe the production date will be AFTER I get back!!!

PS. Won't that be a 20% discount with over 50 saddles?