2 Wheeled Therapy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be the other female... and I'm spoken for as well.
I don't mind sharing to save expenses but if I have to get my own room, that would work too.
Oh oopsie... guess that I didn't realize you were a woman.

& I see Slick50 says something about finding someone to share expenses. Do realize that most of their rooms only have 1 bed. They'll usually allow a 2nd person in your room. Keep in mind it might be... cough cough... a lil' cozy because that 2nd person will be sleeping in the same bed. You might consider picking up 2 rooms to get the discount & give one of those rooms to a future joiner... I bet there will be a couple... or wait until someone else decides they're going to go. The issue with that is the longer that you wait to reserve a room, the less chance of having one TO rent. This place fills frequently. Maybe you should just suck it up & rent 1 room @ full price.

Joe, total bummer, man!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh oopsie... guess that I didn't realize you were a woman.
I still am... and yeah - I was "outed" in the "Women who ride FJRs" thread.

EDIT : OK, let me know when reservations are being made and I'll make mine at the same time.

I'd love to join you folks, but I got issues. The biggest one is that I've got to go up to that area later in the spring anyway, and probably can't swing two trips. I'll keep an eye on the thread for updates though.

Lcb, when u call to make your reservation ask andrea if you can piggy back on our reservation & if she'll give u the same deal as me. Doesn't hurt to ask. & see u next month. I'm so ready to ride!

LCB, did u make your reservation?

I was gonna do it this weekend but when I went to the garage to start up all the bikes, only 1 of mine fired up. Right now, I have to replace the battery in the Harley due to a meltdown and the FJR was dead - not sure if it's the battery or a wiring issue but the bike wasn't getting any juice from the battery tender. The battery is out and charging, cleaned up the terminals and checking the fuses later this week... I really want to go but this may wipe out my budget for the trip. I've got some big trips planned for later this year and I've got to get the bike running and work out the bugs now.

I'll try to keep you posted but I just don't know if I can make it yet.

Bummer man... hope all goes ok. Andddddd... you could always bring another bike. Be forewarned though. If you bring the Harley there may be pointing & laughing. lol... just kidding. Ride whatcha got.... that's for sure.

No pointing & laughing but you will need to buy the beer.... ok... just kidding.

She isn't kidding!!
rolleyes.gif

Heidi- I have this on the radar. I have a lot going on right now, so can't commit. I have to let Spanky know about it to. No big deal, though. It's right in the back yard! Further scrubbed in the new rear(tire) yesterday. About 140 miles. It was awesome!

(I would have texted you back, but my phone reception sucks in my office today)

Bummer man... hope all goes ok. Andddddd... you could always bring another bike. Be forewarned though. If you bring the Harley there may be pointing & laughing. lol... just kidding. Ride whatcha got.... that's for sure.

No pointing & laughing but you will need to buy the beer.... ok... just kidding.
I am fully aware of the consequences if I bring the Harley but alas, that is the last bike to be made road-worthy this season - I need the other 2 much more since they are my touring bikes. I was even considering just driving for the sake of a get-a-way but I need to check the finances first.

She isn't kidding!!
rolleyes.gif
I know... and IF I can make it - and IF I have to bring the Harley, y'all have my permission to point & laugh all you want to!

pfffft... point & laugh... that isn't what Bob was talking about. He was talking about the beer! lol!

10 days until departure! I can't wait. I need some 2 wheeled therapy... & I want to wear the new boots that I ordered yesterday. Aerostich Combat Touring Lights. I really, really hope that I like them. I see a ton of mixed reviews... some people in love & others not so much. I hear that they're good boots for cankles.

Dropped my bike off for service last Saturday...probably won't have it back till the end of the month...I'll pray for nice weather for you guys

Good Lord... what are you having done, Joe? Mine is due for a valve check AGAIN! I'm assuming that'll happen sometime this year.

Good Lord... what are you having done, Joe? Mine is due for a valve check AGAIN! I'm assuming that'll happen sometime this year.
My 2 year extension of my Y.E.S. warranty runs out 4/1/14, so I want them to go over the bike for anything that can be warrantied. The weather still sucks up here...so I'm in no big hurry to get it back. It felt good just to be able to ride it to my dealer on Saturday.

I am jonesin really bad to ride, this is the longest that I have gone without riding since I got the bike.

I 2nd that... this is the longest that I've gone without riding my bike, also. I took a short jaunt on Sunday... but other than that I haven't been on the bike since October leaf peep trip. It's been a looooooonnnngggg 5ish months. I charged the battery & she started up like I'd never put her away wet.

I was talking to Jay yesterday. He's looking forward to this trip as much as I am. Cabin fever, you know. I'm really sorry that you won't be joining us, Joe.