2006 - Wilbers Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The spring color appears to be more than just esthetics.

Blue is the Sportsline and Black is Classic. I don't see anywhere on the Wilbers USA website telling much about the difference.

Can anyone help before I place my order.

Thanks for the efforts Warchild; much appreciated

One is blue, the other black. One is metal, the other, ahhh, is metal too. ;) :D

Last edited by a moderator:
The spring color appears to be more than just esthetics.
Blue is the Sportsline and Black is Classic. I don't see anywhere on the Wilbers USA website telling much about the difference.
Despite what the nomenclature might suggest, there isn't any difference other than cosmetic. And as you can see at the bottom of the GB order form, you are only "checking" either for the blue spring/red-anodized fittings, or black spring with aluminum-anodized fittings.

I didn't ask Klaus, and I'm not trying to pester.

Whats the *expected* turn-around time from the factory?

Wondering if I should wait for one big tech weekend, or do some other stuff now...

Wondering if I should wait for one big tech weekend, or do some other stuff now...
Do other stuff now. IIRC, it was a two to three month lead time on the last buy.

Really.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not going to be anywhere near as long this time, because your order is emailed to the German factory the day you place your $100 deposit. Then it's about a 3-4 week turnaround. For example, as of 3:30pm PST today, 12 of the 26 shocks orders thus far have paid their deposit and will be emailed to the factory tonight. These guys should see their shocks mid-ish Feburary

The first Group Buy dragged out for 2-3 months partly because we were waiting to reach a "minimum" number of participants, but mostly we really caught the German factory off guard with the MASSIVE Group Buy response.... we had a combined 354 shocks and fork springs in the first GB!! :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

Shouldn't be *that* large this time around... though we have had a combined 50 shock/fork spring orders this first day...

Is it possible to buy the base model#640 and add one or both of the 2 options at a later time?
I wrote to Klaus, and he replied....

it is possible to add the option 625 easily. The option 629 can be added as well, but it will be expensive since the entire shock has to be

disassembled assembled.

One thing that wasn't discussed was the price difference of what the different options addon cost was...

As its not an problem for me, I ordered the 640 with both options, but at the time, I didn't know what the price was.

Someone new to the buy might have a question about that...

Is there an addon cost for the extra options..?

Stats as of this morning: 30 Fork Springs and 31 Shock Absorbers .

Breakdown of shocks ordered:

Model 640: 25

Model 641: 5

Model 643: 1

Did the sign-up, spoke to Klaus this AM, and we are ordered (shock and springs)!

Thanks Dale for making this happen again for those of us unwilling or unable to pull the trigger the first time! :D

It's not going to be anywhere near as long this time, because your order is emailed to the German factory the day you place your $100 deposit. Then it's about a 3-4 week turnaround. For example, as of 3:30pm PST today, 12 of the 26 shocks orders thus far have paid their deposit and will be emailed to the factory tonight. These guys should see their shocks mid-ish Feburary
The first Group Buy dragged out for 2-3 months partly because we were waiting to reach a "minimum" number of participants, but mostly we really caught the German factory off guard with the MASSIVE Group Buy response.... we had a combined 354 shocks and fork springs in the first GB!! :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

Shouldn't be *that* large this time around... though we have had a combined 50 shock/fork spring orders this first day...
This is why I jumped on it this time-daily ordering and one simple price structure should alleviate any of the concerns/problems buyers faced last time. I hope. With Frank scattered across the workshop the timing couldn't be better. And I should add my thanks to WC for his great work on this and other GB's he brought together.

Just put in my order with Klaus. He seemed slightly overwhelmed with all the orders coming in :clap:

Just thought I'd add my thanks to WC :boss:

Bennie

One thing that wasn't discussed was the price difference of what the different options addon cost was...
I hid this info on the second page of the GB site (called "Products" in the menu), is a section called: Shock Absorber Options/Pricing
Yeah.... I guess I was so excited about spending all my money at the time, I didn't even surf the site....

thanks for the BIG 'OL Slap upside the HEAD... :) :****: :headbonk:

Is the ride height adjustment something that I might need? The wife rides with me half the time so I WILL be getting the remote preload adjustment option for sure.

Tom

I asked him and he said to expect a Feb. delivery.

Is the ride height adjustment something that I might need?
Which way... up, or down?

That is to say... are you struggling to put both feet down at stoplights right now on the stock bike, or is it the other extreme: that you're touching down hard parts during heavy leans as the bike is now?

If you're inclined to get the ride height adjustment, you should order it with your shock now, as it's an spendy proposition to install it after the fact (though it can be done).