2007 Bag Liners

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What year bike did you purchase?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess who just e-mailed me? Why if it isn't Tom Hodlick, Operations Manager at Motions Cycle in Marietta, GA! :clapping:
He said that I can come in next week and pick up my saddle bag liners! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Thanks again for your support everyone! I doubt that I would have ever gotten them without you. You can probably stop e-mailing him now.

Good job guys! :lol: B) :p
Blast-o-gram sent anyway.

Twisty, glad you are getting your bag's. Sucks that Motions is still trying to pass the buck.

If you plan on takin the FJR when you go to pick them up and want a wingman, let me know. If I'm not stuck at work, I'll ride down with ya just for grins.

Just recieved this E-mail about ten minutes ago, I also went to their website and left a rather nasty response.
Mr. Twisty; looks like your getting your liners!

And this dealer now knows who not to fock with......

Fellow FJR Owners of America,

It appears there has been a mistake on behalf of Yamaha Motor Corporation USA. When our customer emailed us about not receiving his saddlebag liners, our Parts Manager called our Inside Parts and Accessories Sales Rep at Yamaha in Kennesaw, GA. We were notified BY YAMAHA that for 2007, the FJR1300's do not come with these bag liners and they are sold as an accessory item. Based upon the tremendous amount of negative feedback we are receiving from all over the country, we believe that perhaps Yamaha gave us the wrong information.

Those of you in business for yourselves know that it takes years to earn a customer, and seconds to lose one. We apologize to all the FJR riders and owners of America as it appears we were given the WRONG information by Yamaha. We gladly provide our customers ALL the accessory items that are to be included with each sale.

Mistakes happen and this appears to be a time when YAMAHA MOTOR CORPORATION made that mistake. Again, our apologies go out and we will gladly pay for the bag liners as a gesture of goodwill to keep our customer happy. Thank you for bringing this error to our attention and we thank you again for buying Yamaha motorcycles.

Sincerely,

Tom Hodlick

Motions Yamaha Operations Manager
Hold a sec, if they were included with the bike when it came from Yamaha Corp, why doe this stealer needs to pay for them??? this smells like a diaper that I just took off from my 3 month old.

Lake Powell, you got to forward this to yamaha Corp ans CC it back to this Tom guy.

Twisty, glad you are getting your bag's. Sucks that Motions is still trying to pass the buck.
If you plan on takin the FJR when you go to pick them up and want a wingman, let me know. If I'm not stuck at work, I'll ride down with ya just for grins.
Calimus,

Sounds like a good excuse to take a ride, but Atlanta is not my idea of a joy ride. However, I may need some backup. :unsure: Do you have any weapons? Just kidding...sort of.

Alanta riding sucks, you really don't need to come unless you really want to, but I appreciate the offer. I guess we could stop at a Harley bar and get a beer :lol: , but a ride up to the mountains souds more appealing to me if we can get some decent weather. It would be fun to try to get a group ride going with people from the Atlanta/Chattanooga area. Of course anyone else would be welcome too.

BTW, the wife and I were almost in your neck of the woods today...rode to Rome (actually Silver Creek) today. I was not bad getting there (46 degrees), but the ride back this evening was a little chilly (38 degrees).

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Calimus,Sounds like a good excuse to take a ride, but Atlanta is not my idea of a joy ride. However, I may need some backup. :unsure: Do you have any weapons? Just kidding...sort of.

Alanta riding sucks, you really don't need to come unless you really want to, but I appreciate the offer. I guess we could stop at a Harley bar and get a beer :lol: , but a ride up to the mountains souds more appealing to me if we can get some decent weather. It would be fun to try to get a group ride going with people from the Atlanta/Chattanooga area. Of course anyone else would be welcome too.
Let us know when you're going -- probably more than one of us who would enjoy riding into the dealer's lot with you.

--

John in Fayetteville

Yes I smell a cover up here. Further investigation should be made on the "other" bag liners that have mysteriously disapeared from the new hard cases that came into that dealer. Do you know the power we have here folks? If anyone is getting screwed by a stealer, all we have to do is gang bang them from here on the board to get justice done all proper like. Yes ladies and gentlemen, this place does really ROCK! Subversive dealers beware!! :angry: PM. <>< :yahoo:

Twisty, Riding in Kennesaw isn't too bad, but then I ride through there all the time. If ya want some backup, just shout. Also, if you need a good dealer, Bartow Power Sports here in Cartersville treated me like gold when my bike was there for repairs after my initiation into the crash club. Good folks there and they are only closed on Sunday's.

Painman - you're dead on.

Yes I smell a cover up here. Further investigation should be made on the "other" bag liners that have mysteriously disapeared from the new hard cases that came into that dealer. Do you know the power we have here folks? If anyone is getting screwed by a stealer, all we have to do is gang bang them from here on the board to get justice done all proper like. Yes ladies and gentlemen, this place does really ROCK! Subversive dealers beware!! :angry: PM. <>< :yahoo:

This is a classic example of "POWER IN NUMBERS", and yes it is rather shitty the stealer is copping blame on Yamaha.

And ya Coug8000, I'm going to try and push the email through to corporate.

I never thought of myself as a gang member.......

I got the same response from the stealer as well (FWIW)

I agree, gunny and +1 on all the other comments about sending an email to Mother Yamaha with his diabolical excuse included. And +1 to CC him on that email.

Glad you are getting what is rightfully yours.

This is my response to Tom's email:

Hello Tom,

Many thanks for your prompt response.

However, the details in your response do beg the question, will you be informing Yamaha Motor Corporation USA of their 'perceived' mistake. Somehow, I think not. But don't worry, I am sure the guys from www.fjrforum.com will be letting YMC USA know of this issue.

In the meantime, Merry Christmas....

Steve

(FJR Steve - www.fjrforum.com)

Bag liners don't come with Aussie models.

They are available as an accessory though.

Aussie Yamaha

Saddlebag Liner

Provide carry-away convenience for your gear. Sold in pairs.

YMD-20010-60-10 $AUS206.70 ($US180)

USA Yamaha

Saddlebag Liners

Provide carry-away convenience for your gear. (Sold in pairs).

Fits '03~'07 FJR1300, Black

YMD-20010-60-30 $US99.95 ($AUS114.00)

Just recieved this E-mail about ten minutes ago, I also went to their website and left a rather nasty response.
Mr. Twisty; looks like your getting your liners!

And this dealer now knows who not to fock with......

Fellow FJR Owners of America,

It appears there has been a mistake on behalf of Yamaha Motor Corporation USA. When our customer emailed us about not receiving his saddlebag liners, our Parts Manager called our Inside Parts and Accessories Sales Rep at Yamaha in Kennesaw, GA. We were notified BY YAMAHA that for 2007, the FJR1300's do not come with these bag liners and they are sold as an accessory item. Based upon the tremendous amount of negative feedback we are receiving from all over the country, we believe that perhaps Yamaha gave us the wrong information.

Those of you in business for yourselves know that it takes years to earn a customer, and seconds to lose one. We apologize to all the FJR riders and owners of America as it appears we were given the WRONG information by Yamaha. We gladly provide our customers ALL the accessory items that are to be included with each sale.

Mistakes happen and this appears to be a time when YAMAHA MOTOR CORPORATION made that mistake. Again, our apologies go out and we will gladly pay for the bag liners as a gesture of goodwill to keep our customer happy. Thank you for bringing this error to our attention and we thank you again for buying Yamaha motorcycles.

Sincerely,

Tom Hodlick

Motions Yamaha Operations Manager
So, does Yamaha regularly open the sidecase cartons of a crated machine to pack in an unordered option and then reseal the carton and reseal the crate?

This dealer's excuse that it was 'Yamaha's error' is so full of crap as to be laughable. How does he explain that the bags were there and that he has them in stock - is there so much demand for FJR accessory bags that he keeps them on the shelf?

And, if indeed Yamaha gave the dealer 'the wrong information' and they should have been included, just where does he come off paying for a set of bags to give the client?

Mr. Dealer: The best way to have handled your resolution of the problem in the face of the electronic stoning you just took would have been to have spread your bullshit on the telephone, so that your idiotic explanation wouldn't be out there for all of us to read.

I just sent the following to Motions on the survey page:

You know, your resolution to the problem, noble as it may make you feel hurts you more than the original problem you created.

To claim that you will pay for a set of bag liners for your client when we all *know* that you removed them from the packing cases is simply adding fuel to the fire.

What you SHOULD have done was to PHONE the customer and explain that YOU didn't know because you didn't sell many '07 FJRs and the assembler had left the liners on his bench or some other such nonsense.

To say that Yamaha misinformed you and then that YOU would be buying liners (wait, if it was Yamaha's problem, then THEY would be sending you the liners at THEIR expense) is an obvious lie.

So you made the matter worse by continuing to bullshit the public.

One thing in your letter that was right was the comment: "Those of you in business for yourselves know that it takes years to earn a customer, and seconds to lose one."

Except that this time it is likely a whole bunch of customers that will be buying from your regional competitors and not just 'a customer'. Too bad 'common sense' wasn't part of the Yamaha training manual.

There's a reason we call guys like these 'stealers'. And I'm guessing that none of our submissions will be winding up on their testimonials page.

And Mr. Motions . . . for an idea about how to properly take care of your customers and get GLOWING recommendations, click the following link:

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...ic=7282&hl=

It's very obvious that he was "saving face" by throwing Yamaha Corp. under the bus.

I guess they just pull the bags out of the bike shipping crate and say, "Wow, that is so weird that Yamaha keeps sending us these 'accessory' bags in all these FJR shipments, usually we get our accessory orders in separate shipments. In fact we never actually order these bags to sell, they just keep showing up!" I don't think so.

Contrats on getting your due, Twisty, I too am now very impressed with the power of this forum.

You guys rock! Everyone that helped out MrTwisty take a quick second to give themselves a pat on the back and bask in the realization that you stopped at least one cheater from winning!!! :yahoo:

This just keeps getting better, now I've recieved another E-mail from this ass clown at Motions saying it is all Yamahas fault:

Mike,

Please read my reply to this situation on your FJR forum. An honest mistake by Yamaha has turned into a nation-wide rant on the Internet. We are in the business to help fellow motorcyclists like yourself enjoy the sport we love so much. Mistakes happen in business every day and unfortunately Motions is taking the heat for a Yamaha corporate error.

We value each and every one of our customers and will do anything we can to keep an open relationship. Please tell your fellow riding partners that this was a "human-error" mistake made by YAMAHA MOTOR CORPORATION, not Motions Yamaha.

Thank you.

Tom Hodlick / Operations Manager

MOTIONS HONDA, KAWASAKI, SUZUKI, YAMAHA

333 N COBB PARKWAY

MARIETTA, GA 30062

(770) 425-4000 X247

(770) 427-8702 FAX

I can't believe this guy is trying to pull this off.

So, here is my reply:

Tom,

It is very clear to everyone, but yourself, that the bag liners are part of the bike and to be given to the customer upon delivery. Your thinly veiled gaff that you are trying to lay the blame on the Yamaha Corporation is only making your operation, and you as a dealer, appear more and more fraudulant. The fact that the liners arrive in the side case is noted in the owner's manual itself and it is very obvious that it was your operation that was directly trying to defraud the customer.

What's next, are you going to remove the windshield too and sell that seperate?

Plain and simple, you got caught trying to screw over a customer. The best you can do is to admit it, and make good with a $100.00 gift certificate.

Because no one is buying your load of crap, and as such it appears nobody on these forums will be buying anything from you in the future either!

This is getting to be rather fun.

However, Mr. Twisty this obviously involves you and if at any time you want me to stop my exchange with your dealer, just say the word!

I am not Mr. Twisty, not do I play one on TV, but.....

I think it would be prudent to hold off on anymore verbal gunslinging for now.

Seriously.

Consider the following....

1) The guy *is* at least responding. If he were a total douche-bag, he wouldn't even reply.

2) Recall on page two of this thread this little gem:

I just spoke to "Jim" at Yamaha customer service and he told me that bag liners DO NOT and have never came with the FJR and that they are only offered as an accessory.

Do you suppose it is plausible that Motions also called Cypress and was told the *exact* same thing? Motions doesn't know this bike and it's history like we do, they are at a distinct disadvantage here. *We* know they are included, but *we* have seven years of experience with this platform; we live, breathe and eat around this bike. The FJR is but one modest-selling model of one of FOUR major bike manufacturers that Motions represents. They maybe sell what, 5 or 10 of these a year? If that? Obviously they don't know this bike like we do.

3) What if poor Tom Hodlick is actually sincere, but he has a douche-bag or two in the Service department who are the *real* culprits? Are we going to continue to heap abuse upon Tom Hodlick until he can perhaps investigate this a bit more when everyone is back to work next Wednesday?

It's like this fellas.... it is possible that Tom Hodlick is a typical "stealer" who is trying to deflect the blame away from Motions and onto Yamaha....

OR.....

It is possible that Tom Hodlick is a good and honest man, but a victim of Cypress Customer Service ineptitude, perhaps coupled with a shady tech who PDI'ed the bike and lifted the bags. Who knows? We don't.

Not yet, anyway.

Just sayin'.... it might be more positive for everyone concerned if we just kick back and enjoy the Xmas season with friends/family for a day or two, then resume warfare (if needed) when/if Tom Hodlick and Motions demonstrate they need further outing. In my perspective, we have done enough for now.

Just how much bad atmosphere and ill-feeling do we want Twisty to have when he picks up his bags from Tom Hodlick?
shrug.gif

Thanks to the forum, it looks like I will be getting my bag liners. I truly appreciate the efforts of everyone, but I think it is time to call the dogs off. Motions has already agreed to make it right. Lets just chill out and enjoy the holidays. :rolleyes:

I am not Mr. Twisty, not do I play one on TV, but.....
I think it would be prudent to hold off on anymore verbal gunslinging for now.

Seriously.
I totally agree with WC. This public exchange is bordering on slander. I don't think anyone wants injunction slapped on this board. That would be bad... :(

I've been following this closely from the beginning, and am really glad as a group we were able to help out a fellow forum member. But, just maybe, Yamaha did not enclose the bags on this one unit. And the dealer as well as the customer got the same line from Cyprus. The best thing is, all is right in the universe now.

Merry Christmas.

I've been following this closely from the beginning, and am really glad as a group we were able to help out a fellow forum member. But, just maybe, Yamaha did not enclose the bags on this one unit. And the dealer as well as the customer got the same line from Cyprus. The best thing is, all is right in the universe now.
Merry Christmas.
Well, junior...and others, this is the reply I have received from Tom:
"Steve,

Thank you for taking the time to write a gentlemanly response. I have cut and pasted the entire "Bag Liner" forum, from the beginning, and emailed it to my Inside Sales Reps at Yamaha for an explanation on how this happened. I want these Yamaha employees to know how upset their customer are at us, the dealer, and them, the manufacturer.

It is very unfortunate that the dealers are perceived to be thieves, liars and crooks to most of your riding partners. Clearly we are not in the business of ripping people off as without you, the consumer, we would be out of business in no time and a $99.00 set of saddlebag liners is not worth losing even one customer.

If its worth anything to you and your friends, here is a time-line of how this transpired:

After we got the email from our customer we searched the microfiche of the FJR1300 for the liners and they ARE on the microfilm as a Yamaha part on the saddlebag page. We next looked on the packing list of the FJR1300 crate for the contents lists of all the nuts, bolts, fasteners, windshield, mirrors, and hopefully the bag liners would be on the list. No luck. Since the liners were not in the saddlebags OR in the crate contents box, our next step was to call Yamaha and ask them where they were.

There are a few dealers out there that still try to keep customer satisfaction as their top priority. When I opened all of the email our dealership received on Sunday it literally made my stomach ache. I take such pride in my line of work and have a passion for this sport like no other. To read the hate and venomous comments that complete strangers have to say about my dealership is very difficult to digest. I understand that this is the day of modern technology and bad news travels fast. Clearly I thought that by calling Yamaha, and having them tell us what is included with the 07' FJR, then all would be good in the world. Obviously this was not the case.

I encourage you and your riding brothers and sisters to call the dealership principal or owners before you vent your frustration to the world. Most of the time the manager has no idea what has happened on his floor, and would go above and beyond your expectations to make you a happy customer. I know that when a customer calls my extension and has a problem, the first thing I say is, "thank you for telling me about this problem. Without your feedback, I would not know this happened and would not be able to correct it."

We have to remember that we are all riding brothers and sisters in this world and that motorcycling is FUN and every aspect of our sport SHOULD be enjoyable. As a dealership principal, I realize how competitive the powersports industry has become and value each and every one of my customers. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I look forward to helping you and your friends in any way possible. Anything you need for your FJR or any other bike, feel free to give me a call. We're here to help.

Thanks again and have a Merry Christmas!

Tom Hodlick"

Shoot/flame me if you like, but I think the guy has got the message, and maybe, just maybe, he is telling the truth. He has certainly (by all appearances) taken the thread very seriously, and is conducting his own "inquisition".

Merry Christmas all

Status
Not open for further replies.