2007 Bag Liners

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What year bike did you purchase?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let them know how you feel but don't stoop to their level buy calling them lier's and cheats even if they are. It's better if you give them an out which can then get done what needs to be which is to get our fellow member his bags.
Ahhh...so it's better to not tell the truth, and be in denial of the facts, because that would mean that I am not a liar! Thankyou.

Special thanks to everybody who took time to send an e-mail to Motions Stealership on my behalf. This forum rocks! I feel privleged to be a part of it. I hope I can help some of you out someday.

Just in case anyone else wants to send Motions a love letter:

https://www.motionslive.com/customer_survey.asp
Both my '04 and '05 came with them...standard equipment...no problem at all. Good luck getting this resolved.

How about 100 phone calls like this?

"Hello, I'm intrested in an '08 FJR, Those have hard saddle bags right? Do they come with cloth liners for them?"

If yes then

"Why didn't Mr Twisty get them?"

If no then

"It looks like either you're the only dealer in the country that doesn't get them, is Yamaha punishing you for poor customer service?" OR are you pocketing them and selling them on eBay?

just sent a nice message to these guys. hope theyre actually reading all the responses. dont they know rule #1 in biz, a happy customer returns. and now thanks to the internet a pissed off one tells thousands.

Just recieved this E-mail about ten minutes ago, I also went to their website and left a rather nasty response.

Mr. Twisty; looks like your getting your liners!

And this dealer now knows who not to fock with......

Fellow FJR Owners of America,

It appears there has been a mistake on behalf of Yamaha Motor Corporation USA. When our customer emailed us about not receiving his saddlebag liners, our Parts Manager called our Inside Parts and Accessories Sales Rep at Yamaha in Kennesaw, GA. We were notified BY YAMAHA that for 2007, the FJR1300's do not come with these bag liners and they are sold as an accessory item. Based upon the tremendous amount of negative feedback we are receiving from all over the country, we believe that perhaps Yamaha gave us the wrong information.

Those of you in business for yourselves know that it takes years to earn a customer, and seconds to lose one. We apologize to all the FJR riders and owners of America as it appears we were given the WRONG information by Yamaha. We gladly provide our customers ALL the accessory items that are to be included with each sale.

Mistakes happen and this appears to be a time when YAMAHA MOTOR CORPORATION made that mistake. Again, our apologies go out and we will gladly pay for the bag liners as a gesture of goodwill to keep our customer happy. Thank you for bringing this error to our attention and we thank you again for buying Yamaha motorcycles.

Sincerely,

Tom Hodlick

Motions Yamaha Operations Manager

Guess who just e-mailed me? Why if it isn't Tom Hodlick, Operations Manager at Motions Cycle in Marietta, GA! :clapping:

He said that I can come in next week and pick up my saddle bag liners! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Thanks again for your support everyone! I doubt that I would have ever gotten them without you. You can probably stop e-mailing him now.

Good job guys! :lol: B) :p

Maybe I'm misreading the email I got from them too, but it sounds like they are blaming the problem on Yamaha, and aren't taking the blame themselves. Am I confused? How could they be the only dealer that Yamaha misled?

Maybe I'm misreading the email I got from them too, but it sounds like they are blaming the problem on Yamaha, and aren't taking the blame themselves. Am I confused? How could they be the only dealer that Yamaha misled?
WOW! Did they send e-mail to everyone?

Mine did not blame Yamaha, nor did they claim responsibiliy. They just said "come get them".

Here is exactly what my e-mail said:

"Mike,

Please come in next week to pick up your saddlebag liners.

We value you as our customer and want to make sure your a happy FJR owner.

Sorry about the confussion. Let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks again for your business."

I'm just glad that I will soon have my bag liners. Merry Christmas to me!!

Would have to agree, while at least they conceeded that the liners should come with, passing the blame in BIG CAPTIAL LETTERS to Yamaha seems a bit shitty IMHO.

Merry Christmas MrTwisty!

I'm glad you'll get what you should have received in the first place.

Just recieved this E-mail about ten minutes ago<snip> Fellow FJR Owners of America,

... We were notified BY YAMAHA that for 2007, the FJR1300's do not come with these bag liners ....we will gladly pay for the bag liners as a gesture of goodwill ....

Sincerely,

Tom Hodlick

Bob Hughes: If he had said "yes they come with the bike but I like to take them out and sell them seperately to make some more money" he would only be a thief, since he lies about this he is both a thief and a liar.
Appears: the leopard didn't (yet) change his spots? He may be, tho, a 'philanthropic' thief and liar...?? Why did Yamaha single-out their dealership only to notify "no bag liners"? :unsure: :blink:

Maybe it's all a simple mistake and mis-communication? Ya think? :huh:

Just recieved this E-mail about ten minutes ago, I also went to their website and left a rather nasty response.

It appears there has been a mistake on behalf of Yamaha Motor Corporation USA. When our customer emailed us about not receiving his saddlebag liners, our Parts Manager called our Inside Parts and Accessories Sales Rep at Yamaha in Kennesaw, GA. We were notified BY YAMAHA that for 2007, the FJR1300's do not come with these bag liners and they are sold as an accessory item. Based upon the tremendous amount of negative feedback we are receiving from all over the country, we believe that perhaps Yamaha gave us the wrong information.

Those of you in business for yourselves know that it takes years to earn a customer, and seconds to lose one. We apologize to all the FJR riders and owners of America as it appears we were given the WRONG information by Yamaha. We gladly provide our customers ALL the accessory items that are to be included with each sale.

Mistakes happen and this appears to be a time when YAMAHA MOTOR CORPORATION made that mistake. Again, our apologies go out and we will gladly pay for the bag liners as a gesture of goodwill to keep our customer happy. Thank you for bringing this error to our attention and we thank you again for buying Yamaha motorcycles.

Sincerely,

Tom Hodlick

That is absolute bullshit and Yamaha should be reviewing its relationship with this dealer. If Yamaha didn't intend for the liner bags to be included, then why the hell do the ship them inside the hard cases with the bike...?? So that the dealer can take them out and then resell them to their customers? I highly, highly doubt that to be the case. I would forward that email to Yamaha and let them respond to you directly. I think your dealer thinks you're an idiot and won't triangulate this with Yamaha...

[Edit] I just thought that I'd add that when I went to pick up my bike in early-August, I purchased a set of bag liners from the parts dept @ Beaverton Motorcycles without even asking whether the liners actually came with the bike (experience with car purchases indicated that those little extras are never included...). When I went outside to get the walk-around on my new bike, my salesman asked me why I'd bought an extra set of liners. I told him that I wasn't aware that the bike came with them. He laughed. "This isn't a Honda. Look inside the right hard case. There's 2 in there already. Every FJR Yamaha ships comes with a set inside the cases." He walked me back inside to exchange them for a tank bag.

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW! Did they send e-mail to everyone?

Mine did not blame Yamaha, nor did they claim responsibiliy. They just said "come get them".

Here is exactly what my e-mail said:

"Mike,

Please come in next week to pick up your saddlebag liners.

We value you as our customer and want to make sure your a happy FJR owner.

Sorry about the confussion. Let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks again for your business."

I'm just glad that I will soon have my bag liners. Merry Christmas to me!!
Good for you Mr Twisty...once again FJR Forum ROCKS!

You got your bags...which is good.

The dealer is still in the doghouse in my book as they push the problem onto Yamaha USA...even though every other dealer in the country doesn't try the obvious steal the bags trick from their new customer. They got caught...wouldn't trust 'em with any other purchases.

I concur. That is exactly what I got out of that email. WOW... blame YAMAHA! Total B.S.

I think they were trying to pull a fast one and may have done it before to other FJR buyers.

I just bought my 07 in Oct and they not only came with the bike but the salesman said he wanted to make sure that they were there because in the olden days you had to order them from Yamaha after you got your bike but he said they were still free you just had to call Yamaha about it.

You would think that for a bike int he $15K range it would come with most everything.

Now if we can all get a free trunk that would be great.

Sincerely,

Tom Hodlick

Well, we know now where the buck DOESN'T stop!!! Sheessh!!! :angry2: :angry2: (where are the eye-roll and sticking-out-tongue emoticons when I need them???)

Sincerely,

Tom Hodlick

That is absolute bullshit and Yamaha should be reviewing its relationship with this dealer. If Yamaha didn't intend for the liner bags to be included, then why the hell do the ship them inside the hard cases with the bike...?? So that the dealer can take them out and then resell them to their customers? I highly, highly doubt that to be the case. I would forward that email to Yamaha and let them respond to you directly. I think your dealer thinks you're an idiot and won't triangulate this with Yamaha...

[Edit] I just thought that I'd add that when I went to pick up my bike in early-August, I purchased a set of bag liners from the parts dept @ Beaverton Motorcycles without even asking whether the liners actually came with the bike (experience with car purchases indicated that those little extras are never included...). When I went outside to get the walk-around on my new bike, my salesman asked me why I'd bought an extra set of liners. I told him that I wasn't aware that the bike came with them. He laughed. "This isn't a Honda. Look inside the right hard case. There's 2 in there already. Every FJR Yamaha ships comes with a set inside the cases." He walked me back inside to exchange them for a tank bag.
Agreed! One of you who received this message first-hand from the dealer should forward it to Yamaha customer service.

While I am NOT a fan of Beaverton Honda/Yamaha/HD, or anything else Tom Lamphere runs, this is impressive. The salesman made the customer happy and avoided a refund. Now, that's smart business!

Status
Not open for further replies.