2008 Land of Enchantment 1000

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this is the place FJR Robert is talking about:

https://www.loslunasmotorsports.com/

STORE HOURS

Monday Closed

Tuesday 9:30AM - 6:30PM

Wednesday 9:30AM - 6:30PM

Thursday 9:30AM - 6:30PM

Friday 9:30AM - 6:30PM

Saturday 9:30AM - 5:30PM

Sunday Closed

Los Lunas Motorsports

2214 Sun Ranch Village Loop Los Lunas NM 87031

Phone: (505) 865-1700

I think this is the place FJR Robert is talking about:
https://www.loslunasmotorsports.com/

STORE HOURS

Monday Closed

Tuesday 9:30AM - 6:30PM

Wednesday 9:30AM - 6:30PM

Thursday 9:30AM - 6:30PM

Friday 9:30AM - 6:30PM

Saturday 9:30AM - 5:30PM

Sunday Closed

Los Lunas Motorsports

2214 Sun Ranch Village Loop Los Lunas NM 87031

Phone: (505) 865-1700
Thanks Guys

Ira probably won't be a lot of help.

Last year they supplied the phone number and addresse for pretty much every BMW dealer in the State, on the Rally Pack itself.

When someone challenged Ira, at the riders meeting, as to why other brands were not listed, he replied, rather dryly, "why would you need them?" :rolleyes:

Have fun and be safe out there, I can't make it this year but I'm planning on being there in '09.

Cheers

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
:rolleyes: True statement though . . . . Do you live in the U.S. somewhere ? Ride a Yamaha ? Can't tell much from your profile. I used the POI Loader to add all the Yamaha dealers in the U.S & Canada onto my Zumo . . .

Don't forget to get a laminated Medical ID card, New this year, you must wear it on a neck lanyard during rally - Great idea !

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't forget to get a laminated Medical ID card, New this year, you must wear it on a neck lanyard during rally - Great idea !
Already printed out and laminated. Will keep one with me while riding from now on.

If you're looking for a Yamaha shop I would suggest Bobby J's in Alb. I bought my bike from them 2 months ago and if you call them ahead they will take care of you fast. I just completed the RWYB and they are replacing m tires Tuesday. I'm back for my second time, it's a great rally.

I'm only 30 miles from Los Lunus but still getting a room see everyone at the hotel.

Dave

If you're looking for a Yamaha shop I would suggest Bobby J's in Alb. I bought my bike from them 2 months ago and if you call them ahead they will take care of you fast. I just completed the RWYB and they are replacing m tires Tuesday. I'm back for my second time, it's a great rally.
I'm only 30 miles from Los Lunus but still getting a room see everyone at the hotel.

Dave
The more I think about I think I will just replace the tires up here before I take off, one less thing to worry about on my 6,000 mile road trip :yahoo: I can't wait :yahoo:

I might have to see if they have time for a quick oil change Monday morning after the rally.

Dave
The more I think about I think I will just replace the tires up here before I take off, one less thing to worry about on my 6,000 mile road trip :yahoo: I can't wait :yahoo:

I might have to see if they have time for a quick oil change Monday morning after the rally.
I pretty sure nobody's open on Monday that I know of in alb/los lunas. If you want to do oil change need to purchase everything early and do yourself.

Dave

Ira probably won't be a lot of help.
Last year they supplied the phone number and addresse for pretty much every BMW dealer in the State, on the Rally Pack itself.

When someone challenged Ira, at the riders meeting, as to why other brands were not listed, he replied, rather dryly, "why would you need them?" :rolleyes:

Have fun and be safe out there, I can't make it this year but I'm planning on being there in '09.

Cheers

Andy
Don't tell me you picked up a FJR too! :)

Any other ST RS RT converts out there?

I would love to go on this ride but could'nt sign up due to conflicting schedule, My daughter had to go through some radical new treatment at the MAyo clinic in Phoenix, and I just could'nt even think about anything but that. Good news though! it went great and she will be getting out of the hospital today! :clapping: I know registration is closed and I'm on the outside looking in :dribble: If you were registered and can't make it I would really like to fill your spot if possible. Let me know. I live in Albuquerque and short notice is no problem. I'm heading home this saturday with a great sense of relief. I know all the roads in NM and would make a great riding partner! If I can't ride, I'll probably help out at tech inspection, and maybe ride the course anyway, but would like to be a part of the show if possible I am a member of the IBA and did a NM run last year. I want in! If your comming in early and need some help with anything I'm here and want to help! FJR's will rule the day :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

The site said 9/9 and I don't have a phone number to call them to check, I only decided i could make it yesturday when everything was checked and re-checked with my daughters medical team. Do you have the number?

Click on the 'Entry Form' link. On the bottom of that page is an email for co-rallymaster Jeff Foster. Email him.

I'm using a computer at the hospital and can;t send or recieve emails from here. I'll will upon my return home this weekend. Hope to see you there!

I'm using a computer at the hospital and can;t send or recieve emails from here. I'll will upon my return home this weekend. Hope to see you there!
Jeff Foster is riding his FJR somewhere in California and should be back in a few days. I'm getting periodic updates from him so he does have some form of internet access. I'd CC Ira (Scooter, do you have Ira's e-mail handy?) just in case Jeff is having to much fun. In the past, Jeff has been very accomodating to last minute sign-ups. You may not get a T-shirt, but it's definately worth a try to get signed up and ride this great rally.

Thanks for the great responce, I hope to ride with you all. The weather will be perfect for it! Viva Nuevo Mexico!

I would love to go on this ride but could'nt sign up due to conflicting schedule, My daughter had to go through some radical new treatment at the MAyo clinic in Phoenix, and I just could'nt even think about anything but that. Good news though! it went great and she will be getting out of the hospital today! :clapping: I know registration is closed and I'm on the outside looking in :dribble: If you were registered and can't make it I would really like to fill your spot if possible. Let me know. I live in Albuquerque and short notice is no problem. I'm heading home this saturday with a great sense of relief. I know all the roads in NM and would make a great riding partner! If I can't ride, I'll probably help out at tech inspection, and maybe ride the course anyway, but would like to be a part of the show if possible I am a member of the IBA and did a NM run last year. I want in! If your comming in early and need some help with anything I'm here and want to help! FJR's will rule the day :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Nothing more important that your daughter!

If you can make it I'm sure the drop dead date was just for ordering shirts and stuff and you can still get into the rally - maybe no shirt....

Brian R.

R&S Yamaha is open on Mondays, They are on the east side of town, On Juan Tabo, easy to get to. Give em a call, ask for Robert, Tell em Bud sent you! They will set you up just fine. Bobby J's is alright, I buy my supplies there on Tuesday, 10% off! Don't care for the sales staff though, they didn't seem to want to sell me a motorcycle went I went shopping for the FJR

Ira, one of the event jefe's, emailed and confirmed that I am on the outside looking in, the event is closed to entries, but a cancelation may open it slightly. So here I sit waiting for someone to drop out. <_< Good luck on that I'm thinking. So maybe I get in maybe I don't. see you on Friday night anyway!