2009 2 million mile push !

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought mine back in April. 04 standard model with 16646 on the clock. As of today upon ariving at work there was 28492 on the clock. Thats a total of 11,846 for 2009 so far. And with some awesome weather coming up tomorrow I hope to add about 500 more to that. I will post up current milage by the end of December.

i have not reported the miles i did on my fjr for the months of august & september 2009. while going from CA to SC and doing the entire IBR of 11 days and returning from spokane to seattle wa to my home in southern CA put me down for 12000 total miles during the period. just forgot to post.

Well the bikes put away for the year.

You can add 18,893 miles from me this year

Diana put on 11718 on her Versys

Chris

Total miles for NOVEMBER [SIZE=36pt] 60,485 [/SIZE]Total miles year to date [SIZE=36pt] 672,200 [/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Another 6000 miles for me, please. Makes 14, 900 for the year.

I guess I'm finished for this year :(

Sorry, was too busy out riding.

Motorcycle: 111 mi

Bicycle: 1216 mi

Total mileage for November: 1327 mi

It's getting cold here, but I'm pushing to hit 1000 mi for December so I can get to 15k mi by bicycle for the year. I'll let you know how it goes come new years eve!! Also, I rode my bicycle from Seattle to Harrison Hot Springs and back (via Bellingham both ways) just prior to Thanksgiving, which added about 430 mi :) .

2nd ride since July 28th

Home to Cabella's in Gonzales and back - 200mi

note to self...ride safe and be careful out there...

dunderhead, idiotic moment today...

one of my main twisty roads today...haven't ridden by 200 mi of slab, and today's first twisty 25 mi along the bayou of a 200 miles day...all this with no riding and downed bike since July 28th.

sweepers, geting cocky, enjoying the breezy, clear - blue sky, in the 50's and geared up perfectly for the temps.

some marked 20mph 75 degree turns to the right which right handers seem a good bit easier than lefties for me

a lefty then righty which I'm feeling out

my bud Nick is a ways behind and I'm looking in the rear view and see his lights coming

I then accelerate and knowing this road, I'm looking forward to the tight right hander after the bridge over the bayou

Well, dum dum cudda ay triot the big one as there's the left hand, decreasing radius 135 degree turn with perfectly flat road.

Lose my concentration and confidence, feel like I'm kinda hot going in, start to kick left, pucker, stab the back brake, stand up the bike, let off throttle and brake, try to kick left, cross well over the double yellow, look up through the turn saying my prayers, no vehicle coming or in sight, scrubbed off some velocity and get some confidence and reflexes back, kick harder left and cross back over, then adjust and stay in lane to complete the turn. Of the 135 degrees of a circle the turn is, I guess 90 degrees or 2/3's of it, I'm over the double yellow. Saying prayers of thanx the rest of the day.

Need to revert to three clicks conservative and take the time to get back good riding habits, reflexes, and riders common sense.

Glad to be here,

Mike

in Nawlins'

2nd ride since July 28th
<snip>

Glad to be here,
Glad you're still here........... ya dumbass! ;)

We've all over cooked a corner we knew. Try to notch things down a bit and enjoy those two wheels being under you instead off the bike.

2nd ride since July 28th
<snip>

Glad to be here,
Glad you're still here........... ya dumbass! ;)

We've all over cooked a corner we knew. Try to notch things down a bit and enjoy those two wheels being under you instead off the bike.
yep, I resemble that remark

today was enjoyable loop with Jeff_Q

Home to Picayune to meet for morning meal, then north to Foxsworth, then twisty riding to Monticello (all MS)

Then four lane to Hattiesburg for Dairy Queen ice cream

Then split up to head for respective homes

340 miles for me :yahoo:

Geez never popped this thread open....

Bike in July, daily commute and a couple long trips. Let's see If I can break this down within the guidelines so that it equals the odometer...

July start 10,500mi-odo

July ....1100

August....865

Sept......1482

October....988

November...1200

December....425 and counting.....

Now, will try and keep up...current odo- 16,560

December Miles to date [SIZE=36pt] 6197 [/SIZE] Total miles year to date [SIZE=36pt] 712,855 [/SIZE]Very low number comparted to ratio of members. Current #OF MEMBERS 7.401