2009 FJR constipation

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PA1195

Reaction score
This may be of little interest to most existing owners, but I spoke with Yamaha USA today regarding the delayed delivery of my '09 FJR ordered last September. None of the parties available in Customer Service could offer an explanation why more new '09's were not being released.

I mentioned "ignition switch?", but the person didn't offer any confirmation. The delay was news to who I spoke with. Maybe they are fixing the switches before release is my speculation.

Might not be a fun place to work right now in this declining economy and lack of sales. Obviously some early '09 FJR's are already in the Dealer system, and the switches are being changed.

I was told I'd get a call when they know more. Grim.

Might need to look for a different ride.

Gary in Fairbanks

How would have liked to put $500 down for the right to order one in Jan with expectation of it arriving in July or August.

That was called the PDP in 03.

You're not alone.

It's worth the wait.

Glenn

How would have liked to put $500 down for the right to order one in Jan with expectation of it arriving in July or August.
That was called the PDP in 03.

You're not alone.

It's worth the wait.

Glenn
I did it twice (04 and 06) I'd do it again, it's worth the wait.

My local dealer has an '09 sitting in his showroom. They must've released some bikes to someone.

Personally, There is no way I could wait. Especially if the ait is going to linger into riding season. :dribble: If you have to have an '09, find a dealer that has one in stock - I'm sure they would be more than willing to sell it to you. If not, there are some good deals to be had on used ones.

Either way, Enjoy... :yahoo:

The dealers near to me are selling '08's instead of '09's. Maybe if they had changed the color..... jus' sayin'?

I think FJR, translated, means.. You just hafta wait.....

Bought mine used, four years ago from No Joysie... and waited two months before I got it.. Two months, after I paid for it in full!!

Yeah, I'm a trusting mo fo...

Ah, but it was worth the wait :clapping:

:jester:

D&H had three 09's the other day. I took one of them. With their great pricing maybe you could have one shipped and still come out?

I think FJR, translated, means.. You just hafta wait.....
Bought mine used, four years ago from No Joysie... and waited two months before I got it.. Two months, after I paid for it in full!!

Yeah, I'm a trusting mo fo...

Ah, but it was worth the wait :clapping:

Yup, thanks all for the perspective and the FJR's still the plan. My local Dealer is the best, and the Yamaha line has been very good to me. Must be that Yamaha built some '09's, but the rest are held up somehow for the switch changeout or other reasons. I posted to alert some that might be looking for a new ride this year is all.

I just looked on CycleTrader and saw several were available in the Lower 48. None available within 1000's of miles of course, and of it's still Winter up here until May. Just wanted to get going on a new bike and project to pass the time. All's about paid for one way or another and just waiting for product.

After owning many bikes (including FJR's) I finally gave up on changing rides and have settled on what I had enjoyed the most.

I'll post back if I ever hear from Yamaha on the release delays.

Gary in Fairbanks

I preordered my 09Ae in September 08, expecting a Nov-Dec delivery. A few 09As appeared in late Nov, but my 09 Ae didn't show up until early Jan 09. It still didn't have the ignition fix. For me the wait wasn't that big of deal as it wasn't riding season and it arrived in plenty of time.

When I picked up mine there was a 09A in the showroom. Are we on the west coast the lucky ones?

Are we on the west coast the lucky ones?

Nah... Just Ghey.

Carver, David Bowie, Old Fuk Micheal, Bluenutts, Liberace, MM2, Jed Clampet, Toe, Iggy, George Micheal, Old Micheal, Boy George, You, et al... Prove this out.. :clapping:

:****:

Nah... Just Ghey.

Carver, David Bowie, Old Fuk Micheal, Bluenutts, Liberace, MM2, Jed Clampet, Toe, Iggy, George Micheal, Old Micheal, Boy George, You, et al... Prove this out.. :clapping:

And just how is it that you know so many "Ghey" people? :confusedsmiley:

Nah... Just Ghey.

And just how is it that you know so many "Ghey" people? :confusedsmiley:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I am in LOVE with Mizz Bustanut! Lady, you are "Da Bomb!"

Doesn't sound abnormal, last year my '08 arrived in late March after paying my deposit in September. Relax, have 'nother brewski!

Gary it would seem that in Fairbanks at this time if you could pick up your FJR you would have to put skis on it to get it home. When does your riding season nomally begin? I would wait for the FJR because I am sure you will find it was worth the wait.

I did it twice (04 and 06) I'd do it again, it's worth the wait.
Ditto, Gunny, +1 Also did the '04 and '06 waiter game...Would gladly do it again if that's what it takes to get a new FJR. :)

...and where in the world did bust -- never mind, answered my own question. ;)

--G

Gary it would seem that in Fairbanks at this time if you could pick up your FJR you would have to put skis on it to get it home. When does your riding season nomally begin? I would wait for the FJR because I am sure you will find it was worth the wait.
Thanks all for the encouragement to wait it out. Yes, it's still Winter with below zero temps and snow. I have a small Yamaha Bravo snowmachine out in the woods to ride, so all is not lost. But one of the reasons that we're able to cope with the long Winters (44 of them up here for me) is getting ready for Spring/Summer when it's not yet arrived.

Seeing a new scooter in the garage, getting excited about accessories and mods, running the engine a bit with a cold beer in hand all contribute to making the arrival of our riding season in May happen quickly. Plus it gives me some time to buy goodies without a big initial outlay cutting into and limiting my short riding season. Kinda happy mental stuff to keep me going. Hearing that there are production delays, and possibly production limits (my words), does not help.

So we'll see what happens in the next few weeks. I did find it surprising that the Yamaha folks I spoke with today couldn't offer an explanation for the unavailability. It's likely tied to the switch replacement as we know, and hopefully not some paranoid corporate decision to downsize the product line. They are going through tough times Worldwide just like everyone. Patience required.

Forecast is for -20 tonight and snow. Grrrrrrr!

Gary in Fairbanks