2009 FJR1300 info released!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many own an 09?
Ummmm.....none. As the website says they're "Available from November 2008".

...unless somebody around here finally got their time machine to work. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Correction,How many Ordered an 09??

:assassin:
Ummmm...since the announcement came out less than two days ago AND Yamaha no longer does a PDP program AND there are still a bunch of cheaper '08 on the showroom floors AND almost everybody here has a bike already....I'm going to guess it's zero.

Karnac

karnac.jpg

Love the Picture psychic...

Yeah it's too bad about yamaha not continuing the PDP program pay and wait...would have been a better name for it.

I joined on the same day as I went with my Dad's to his new dealer for maintenance and ensured my place as first on the li$t.

So there is one ordered I have a 92 ST100.

Jr

Correction,How many Ordered an 09??

:assassin:
Ummmm...since the announcement came out less than two days ago AND Yamaha no longer does a PDP program AND there are still a bunch of cheaper '08 on the showroom floors AND almost everybody here has a bike already....I'm going to guess it's zero.

Karnac

karnac.jpg

I'm happy with my black '08, but don't understand the logic of the same color for '09. The FJR is a fabulous bike overall, why all the complaining? I'm starting to think I stumbled into the Goldwing board - aka: Grumpy Old Men.

The only way to convince any Japanese manufacturer that your ideas are more appealing to the mass market than theirs, is to make and market a competitive item. Competition is the only clout they recognize.

[SIZE=36pt]^^^^^^[/SIZE]

Pay attention, folks....this is without a doubt THE most inciteful, intelligent post EVER on this forum.

So exactly what are they losing by repeating black? No matter what color there will always be a segment of the population that abhors their decision. Yes, some people already bought black ones, so what? I'm sure that not all people that would buy a black one did already.

Besides, if you really, really want a different color, go find a used one from one of the other 6 model years and 8 (?) colors, or paint it the color you like.

I really don't see why the color is such a big freekin' deal. You guys sound like a bunch of god damn wimmens. :rolleyes:

"the ticking sound of your engine is normal. Do not let anyone that goes by the name "Dale Wilson" tell you otherwise. Yamaha technicians have spent countless hours ensuring that your engine will tick properly from the factory. If your engine does not start ticking by 5K, please ship it back to us in Japan, we know how to fix it........no one else does.......really......trust us"

Sounds like somebody had a second bowl of bitch flakes this morning....
Not bitchin'......... just tryin' to be funny.....................guess I need more practise. :unsure: :unsure:

My '03 has never suffered from any of these maladies :rolleyes: so that's my vote for the anniversary edition. Bring back the 2003!!!!!

So exactly what are they losing by repeating black? No matter what color there will always be a segment of the population that abhors their decision. Yes, some people already bought black ones, so what? I'm sure that not all people that would buy a black one did already.
Besides, if you really, really want a different color, go find a used one from one of the other 6 model years and 8 (?) colors, or paint it the color you like.

I really don't see why the color is such a big freekin' deal. You guys sound like a bunch of god damn wimmens. :rolleyes:
I have a perfectly good 06 blue one. I'm the kind of person that likes to buy new every two to three years. I don't want black. That might make me a god damn wimmen, but regardless of what it makes me, it's one less FJR that Yamaha will likely sell in 09. So what does that make Yamaha?

I'm happy with my black '08, but don't understand the logic of the same color for '09. The FJR is a fabulous bike overall, why all the complaining? I'm starting to think I stumbled into the Goldwing board - aka: Grumpy Old Men.
The photoshopped "Stealth" model looks great! ;) The black rims on the stock model do look cool. I'm glad Yamaha didn't give me an excuse to make up excuses to get rid of my 05. Thanks Yamaha! :p

This reminds me of 2004/05 when the Faster Blue Gen I's were offered up for a "second" PDP. :glare:

What came up next? The Gen II 2006. Another year to flush out the inventory ( and this year was bad (worse for Yamaha than some others for sure IIRC)), and get the re-tooling together. With so little change in this model and how Bimmer and Kawi have upped the ante in the class. Suzuki coming around with the B-King tour model. Yamaha needs to respond. :elf:

2010 is looking like to model year for the Gen III. Surely they are not going to pedal this little of an upgrade for two years. :huh:

P.S. There's nothing on this board above the most detailed scrutiny. Rest assured of that! :derisive:

Another small observation. It seems they've shifted from "dry weight" to "wet weight" in 2009 on the website.
2009 A - 641 wet

2009 AE - 650 wet

2008 A - 584 dry

2008 AE - 593 dry

....and just for fun nostalgia:

2005/4 A - 553 dry

2003 - 521 dry
I wonder what they consider wet. If it's just gas a full tank of gas would take the 08 to about 624 lbs. Did they add a 17 lbs clutch improvement or are do they include all fluids in the dry estimate. Including the essential fluids in the dry estimate just seems dumb. Either way I think their disguising the fact that all these minor improvements keep coming at a HEFTY price.

This makes the rare 2006 cobalt blue more valuable. :yahoo: (not much more) :unsure:

But make sure you add one of them to the banner with the two back to back black years. :assassin:

I think all the remarks about the color is,that they didn't release any info about changes/updates.So color is the only thing that we know about(with the exception of a softer clutch).