2009 FJR1300 info released!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really amazed that they didn't even change the color. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to watch the forums and see what a big deal we make of seeing what changes the new model is going to have. Even colors get to be a big topic of debate. How the hell hard could it have been for them to change colors, especially given that they already offer the bike in three colors in Europe.

The other thing that amazes me is that Black is a love/hate color. It gets hot as hell, and is hard to keep looking good. Why would you make that the first ever two year color? I know better than to never say never, but I had fully planned to buy a new FJR in 09, but the lack of a color I want along with no other changes may cost them a sale from me.

Boring colors for europe also. Silver Tech (looks like the 03 color liquid silver with the gay stripes), Graphite, and Midnight Black (again w/the gay stripes). Clicky HERE

Clicky Here for European brochure (pdf)

So nothing new for them either.

I am going to try and go against my nature and be positive: Yamaha is putting all their energy towards a HUGE 2010 for the FJR.

Cool brochure, but IMHO those stripes really detract from the overall look...don't like them at all. I fart in your general direction stripes...

I gotta agree, stripes are out this year

Last edited by a moderator:
Boring colors for europe also. Silver Tech (looks like the 03 color liquid silver with the gay stripes)

Bleech.... this looks like moist ass... :glare:

2008-FJR1300A-colour-silver_tcm26-210194.jpg

Those cheap bastids raised the price and still no cruise control....where's that BMW shop located again?
Take your pick.

• A bike with a cruise control that comes a final drive that WILL explode (note I did not say 'may') at any time...and very likely on the side of the road requiring a multi-100 mile tow truck ride to a dealer with the overall wearing Überloompas.
or

• A bike without a stock cruise control and that you can add fairly easily and cheaply.....with a final drive that doesn't ever explode.
Still seems a pretty easy equation to me...and I'm sure the BMW lineup will probably be increased in similar fashion as recent trends in any imported good is a function of the USD and material cost inflation.....and not brand.

I concur that the remainder the '08s sitting on showroom floors are looking more attractive right now.
Totally agree about the Yamaha final drive. My Vmax has basically the same configuration. It's a 1992, has gone through much abuse, and even went about 20+K miles without even checking the gear oil. No problems at all.

Boring colors for europe also. Silver Tech (looks like the 03 color liquid silver with the gay stripes), Graphite, and Midnight Black (again w/the gay stripes). Clicky HERE
Clicky Here for European brochure (pdf)

So nothing new for them either.

I am going to try and go against my nature and be positive: Yamaha is putting all their energy towards a HUGE 2010 for the FJR.
I gotta say I agree with you. I still love my FJR, but I really would have loved for them to do something to get me to drool over an 09 to the point where I just couldn't resist buying one. I have to say that none of the motorcycle mfrs seem to be interested in updating often enough to entice us to buy a new one every couple of years (in fairness, Yamaha has been the best in that regard).

rats. No Yellow and black either?

Yellow and black is offered by Yamaha for 2009.... just not on the FJR:

09MS_YZFR1_yel_S1_033945e8.jpg

I gots to agree with UFO; Yamaha has flung this bike down an Ugly Tree, hitting every branch on the way down..... <_<

Dang...and I thought my 03 FJR looked like a big fish was trying to eat the front tire when viewed head on!

2006-07-27_02_Ray.jpg

With that blacked out panel, from the side, that thing looks like...umm...I don't know....maybe a big snake? trying to eat the front tire.

Ray

Looks like shades of the "extended" 2005 offerings when we got two runs of the Galaxy Blue. The next big refinement must be coming in 2010. FJR1400, 165hp, 7-speed, inverted forks, improved rear shock, wider rear tire, more adjustable handlebars, higher MPG must be available one more year out. I should be ready by then.
:unsure:
They should come out with a "10th anniversary" model in 2010. It goes something like this.......

1. It will be available in any of the previous colours. White will be the standard one, and the others will be a factory order (which will take 6 months)

2. When you pick it up and ride it home your side bags will fall off on the way. At the same time you will notice a very large clunk in the front end. You then notice etched printing on the stem nut, which says......."tighten to 80 ft pounds every 1K"

3. Upon arrival at home and shut it off, you discover it won't start. The manual says you should never turn it off unless you fix the already broken ignition switch. You then read on to learn that the bike must NEVER be ridden to more than 5 thousand feet above sea level or it will self destruct. The manual also states that the engine will develop a mild "ticking" sound after "break in"........this is normal, and it means you have done a great job!!! The louder the "tick", the faster your bike will be!!! In fine print at the bottom of the page you see this........

"the ticking sound of your engine is normal. Do not let anyone that goes by the name "Dale Wilson" tell you otherwise. Yamaha technicians have spent countless hours ensuring that your engine will tick properly from the factory. If your engine does not start ticking by 5K, please ship it back to us in Japan, we know how to fix it........no one else does.......really......trust us"

4. The bike will come standard with "grip" exersisers............and you will know why after your first ride.

5. Yamaha warranty is now 30 days or 1000K. Any "farkling" voids said warranty.

That's about all I can think of for now, feel free to add to this as you wish.

Looks like shades of the "extended" 2005 offerings when we got two runs of the Galaxy Blue. The next big refinement must be coming in 2010. FJR1400, 165hp, 7-speed, inverted forks, improved rear shock, wider rear tire, more adjustable handlebars, higher MPG must be available one more year out. I should be ready by then.
:unsure:
They should come out with a "10th anniversary" model in 2010. It goes something like this.......

1. It will be available in any of the previous colours. White will be the standard one, and the others will be a factory order (which will take 6 months)

2. When you pick it up and ride it home your side bags will fall off on the way. At the same time you will notice a very large clunk in the front end. You then notice etched printing on the stem nut, which says......."tighten to 80 ft pounds every 1K"

3. Upon arrival at home and shut it off, you discover it won't start. The manual says you should never turn it off unless you fix the already broken ignition switch. You then read on to learn that the bike must NEVER be ridden to more than 5 thousand feet above sea level or it will self destruct. The manual also states that the engine will develop a mild "ticking" sound after "break in"........this is normal, and it means you have done a great job!!! The louder the "tick", the faster your bike will be!!! In fine print at the bottom of the page you see this........

"the ticking sound of your engine is normal. Do not let anyone that goes by the name "Dale Wilson" tell you otherwise. Yamaha technicians have spent countless hours ensuring that your engine will tick properly from the factory. If your engine does not start ticking by 5K, please ship it back to us in Japan, we know how to fix it........no one else does.......really......trust us"

4. The bike will come standard with "grip" exersisers............and you will know why after your first ride.

5. Yamaha warranty is now 30 days or 1000K. Any "farkling" voids said warranty.

That's about all I can think of for now, feel free to add to this as you wish.

Sounds like somebody had a second bowl of bitch flakes this morning....

Black paint & wheels, yuck! Not again! :huh:

At least the new helmet lock looks promising.

Whew!
I escaped another year without being tempted into upgrading!

Thanks Yamaha!
That's what I was thinking. ;) Plus, the price increase does nothing but help my '07 retain some of its value.

I'm not too crazy about the black wheels either. They might work better with a different colour but with the all black scheme, it seems like a bit much.

Perhaps they are getting ready for a serious revamp of the current model, but geez, you'd think they'd at least offer a different colour. Actually, this works out rather well for me. I'm probably going to upgrade in two years when my free maintenance agreement runs out on my Ducati ST4s. That will give Yammi one year to release their new FJR and one more year to work out the initial bugs. :)

Cheers,

Joe

The japs make great bikes . They must think this is the best bike on earth keeping it the same color as last year. From a business stand point the company would sell alot more bikes if it were a different color . Thats my take on it .

The japs make great bikes . They must think this is the best bike on earth keeping it the same color as last year. From a business stand point the company would sell alot more bikes if it were a different color . Thats my take on it .

Actually my take is they haven't sold that well, particularly the AE, and these are just left over 2008s with minor engineering changes. Of course, I could be absolutely and totally wrong.