2009 FJR1300 info released!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So..........black wheels, black fuel tank trim piece, different fairing sticker, and a reduced effort clutch. All that for a $591 (4%) price increase.
Whoopee!

How anti-climatic. Let the forum fodder begin for real!
some pix in the gallery have the black fuel tank trim and other pix show it still silver.

I'm sure the cans are still stainless but some of the pix look chromed.

there I go again commenting before reading all 100 or so posts....sorry....I'll try to do better next time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah.....black everything! Flat black matte exhaust pipes and the most supple black leather seats. Black paint with dark tinted gauge faces. Change those white mph markings to flat black.

Even the headlights should be changed to black lights...HID of course. They're gonna have to be extra bright black.....maybe 1,000,000 lumens each.

It will make the rider look very cool if they have all black gear, dark tinted visor, and wearing sunglasses.......that have been painted on the inside with Krylon black paint for that last bit of effect. ;)

Yeah........! :ph34r:

Sincerely,

Hotblack Desiato

Disaster Area Keyboardist

But now I'm wunderin what it'd look like with the exhaust blacked out too. :dntknw:

Introducing the Stealth FJR:

AAA.jpg

Next those gay-ass reflectors have to go! If you want to be stealth you have to go ALL THE WAY!

Do we need two black ones shown on the forum heading? Couldn't we have the words "ditto, but with a gay-ass fairing decal" in the place of the '09? :rolleyes:

My '08 has black under seat panels. Did some of the '08's not?

I haven't seen one yet with black under seat panels. Got photos?
DSCN0248.jpg
Mine too

HPIM0562.jpg
Ditto!

It's an awesome looking bike. :clapping:

Opinions are like a**holes. Yada yada you know the rest. :****:

I wonder if the 2009 model has the 021 RIDGEstones.
I hope not for future owners' sake. POS!!!!

Another small observation. It seems they've shifted from "dry weight" to "wet weight" in 2009 on the website.

2009 A - 641 wet

2009 AE - 650 wet

2008 A - 584 dry

2008 AE - 593 dry

....and just for fun nostalgia:

2005/4 A - 553 dry

2003 - 521 dry

That nostalgia shit ain't funny. The same thing happened to me between 2005 and now. :huh:

Another small observation. It seems they've shifted from "dry weight" to "wet weight" in 2009 on the website.
2009 A - 641 wet

2009 AE - 650 wet

2008 A - 584 dry

2008 AE - 593 dry

....and just for fun nostalgia:

2005/4 A - 553 dry

2003 - 521 dry

More weight = lower speeds, slower acceleration.

Proof once again the '03's are the fastest FJRs out there, followed by other Gen I's, followed by Gen IIs.

:rolleyes:

Yowsers! That's the first time I've seen that! Thank you for proving me wrong!
Edit: Despite the silver-paneled bike sitting on the floor at the local dealer, Yamaha's page now shows the '08 with black underseat panels. Me thinks they did a "rolling change," releasing the black panels mid-year, probably after a certain production date.
Mine has the black panels also. I think 08 came both ways. The black underseat ones are much faster.