2009 FJR1300 info released!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe, but.... I am guessing they will be silver.
Bet is on for a frosty one of winner's choice!

Your action photos also don't have the updated fairing sticker. I am guessing they didn't have the new updated parts in time for the action photos?

YipppEEEEEE!!!!!

Isn't this fun?

Last edited by a moderator:
All that hype and then a big fat nothing!!!! Just great. Oh well, as others, at least now I have no reason to be envious of the new year's bikes.

Damn, I was hoping to be rid of that automatic transmission embarrassment.

flame suit on
Its okay "Short Bus" all of us AE riders are forward thinkers and early adopters so we will just consider this a poor judgement call on your part.... :rolleyes: You gotta agree that the FJR is still a supreme ride to any others out there, be it AE or A models and the fact that we all have that freedom of choice, except for colors. B)

Well I guess all those that waited for the 09 should have just bought an 08.

You sure wasted good riding time on hopes.

Well I guess all those that waited for the 09 should have just bought an 08.You sure wasted good riding time on hopes.

I am looking for a price drop too.

I am a bit disappointed. I wanted a 42" Widescreen TV, DVD/Blueray and XM radio installed in front of the tripple tree and a factory cruise control with an electric automatic side stand. It would be nice if they included an option for a cappuccino maker on the luggage rack.

Well I guess all those that waited for the 09 should have just bought an 08.You sure wasted good riding time on hopes.
-----------------------

I am so glad I waited on the 09 :glare: Well, At least I haven't been waiting too long. A special thanks to Yamaha for making my decision that much easier...

The 2009 seat height is even higher :( . On the upside, for a change, the Canadian MSRP didn't change. It's still $19,099 for the A and $20,999 for the AE :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like my saving for a new motorcycle account is safe for another year. I sure would like to try that new V-Max though.

Daaaaaaayumn!! Check out the new YZF-R1....HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

09MS_YZFR1_blk_S1_f5b567e0.jpg

And Yammy has an AWESOME dedicated-R1 web site: https://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/msite/micro_v1.aspx

I love the black wheels! When I bought my '08 first thing I thought was ... let me get rid of them gray wheels and paint em black! But, never did get around to doing it.

ZW

09MS_FJR1300A_K_S1_b0da1f72.jpg

Damn, I was hoping to be rid of that automatic transmission embarrassment.

flame suit on
Its okay "Short Bus" all of us AE riders are forward thinkers and early adopters so we will just consider this a poor judgement call on your part.... :rolleyes: You gotta agree that the FJR is still a supreme ride to any others out there, be it AE or A models and the fact that we all have that freedom of choice, except for colors. B)
Forward thinkers? LOL

It's a motorcycle with an automatic tranny, two things that don't go together. But hey, it could be worse...you could be out on a cruiser or something. :ph34r:

Some tasty red rim stripes and maybe a few small red body accents and you could have it looking like the R1.....which is a wet dream on two wheels.

I am a bit disappointed. I wanted a 42" Widescreen TV, DVD/Blueray and XM radio installed in front of the tripple tree and a factory cruise control with an electric automatic side stand. It would be nice if they included an option for a cappuccino maker on the luggage rack.
Huh, that would be crowding the “GoldThing” market, would it not? :)
AIGF