2009 FJR1300 info released!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL! Bold new colors :yahoo: ...oh, wait. :glare:
Black with black wheels doesn't work for me.

Here's hoping for a new FJR in '10. I hope this bike doesn't go the way of the Vmax and Connie...unchanged for 20 odd years.

Edit: They hit the R1 with the ugly stick. That used to be a beautiful bike. :blink:
I think that it looks haunted myself, with those little beadie head lights sunk back in that dark faring.

Damn, I was hoping to be rid of that automatic transmission embarrassment.

flame suit on
Its okay "Short Bus" all of us AE riders are forward thinkers and early adopters so we will just consider this a poor judgement call on your part.... :rolleyes: You gotta agree that the FJR is still a supreme ride to any others out there, be it AE or A models and the fact that we all have that freedom of choice, except for colors. B)
Forward thinkers? LOL

It's a motorcycle with an automatic tranny, two things that don't go together. But hey, it could be worse...you could be out on a cruiser or something. :ph34r:
You know, right, that it's NOT an automatic transmission. It's the exact same transmission all of us have. With a clutch! The same clutch (albeit with a computer control actuator.) The rider chooses the gear, the rider decides when the shift occurs, yada yada yada. The automatic part is the clutch operation. Only.

Disappointing to see no color change, but it doesn't matter to me, since it's still not as quick as my Liquid Silver '03. . . . . :p

I kinda like the black wheels, especially if that tank piece turns out to be black, too. Strangely enough, I have one of the few '03s that's not equipped with black wheels, courtesy of the original owner.

Well crap! Hope there's some good low mileage 2007's out there next year when I'm ready to buy-love that Black Cherry.

...or I could wait for 2010. Yeah, that's the ticket!!

Heck yes, they know what the best color is!!! :yahoo: Now my 08 can pass for an 09, :rolleyes: . Wow that is a huge price jump. I am sure glad I got one of the last ones at D & H at $11,999 (08s). BTW, the black wheels suck big time IMHO. Wonder if it is hard to get the clutch lever done on the 08 like the 09 is?????? Although my left arm is getting to look like Popeye's :lol: :D :)

doctorj

For only a little more than the price increase for the 2009, and certainly for a whole lot less than the big hit you'd take selling off your old feejer, any of you could have any damn color FJR you want!

I'm just sayin'...

Do a Vandy!!

Those cheap bastids raised the price and still no cruise control....where's that BMW shop located again?

Those cheap bastids raised the price and still no cruise control....where's that BMW shop located again?
Take your pick.

• A bike with a cruise control that comes a final drive that WILL explode (note I did not say 'may') at any time...and very likely on the side of the road requiring a multi-100 mile tow truck ride to a dealer with the overall wearing Überloompas.
or

• A bike without a stock cruise control and that you can add fairly easily and cheaply.....with a final drive that doesn't ever explode.
Still seems a pretty easy equation to me...and I'm sure the BMW lineup will probably be increased in similar fashion as recent trends in any imported good is a function of the USD and material cost inflation.....and not brand.

I concur that the remainder the '08s sitting on showroom floors are looking more attractive right now.

According to MOTORCYCLE.COM, the feature important improvement is:

FJR1300: Quicker shifting from neutral to first gear on electronic shift (YCC-S) AE models.

YABBA DABBA DOO!!!!

OK, so I don't have to run to the Yamaha dealer and plunk down my hard earned money on a new '09 since my '07 is still basically the same bike. With all the money I save I can go and get a new '09 R1 and still have enough left over to replace those stock mufflers under the tail with something that looks good from the aftermarket.

I wonder if my wife will buy my logic. :)

Take your pick.

• A bike with a cruise control that comes a final drive that WILL explode (note I did not say 'may') at any time...and very likely on the side of the road requiring a multi-100 mile tow truck ride to a dealer with the overall wearing Überloompas.
or

• A bike without a stock cruise control and that you can add fairly easily and cheaply.....with a final drive that doesn't ever explode.
Still seems a pretty easy equation to me...and I'm sure the BMW lineup will probably be increased in similar fashion as recent trends in any imported good is a function of the USD and material cost inflation.....and not brand.

I concur that the remainder the '08s sitting on showroom floors are looking more attractive right now.
That's pretty much why I didn't buy a BMW........to me the FJR is hands-down the best value and has proven more dependable. Plus there is a lot of info out there for the do it yourselfer, and the FJR seems to be better suited for that side of the owner equation.

rats. No Yellow and black either?

Yellow and black is offered by Yamaha for 2009.... just not on the FJR:

09MS_YZFR1_yel_S1_033945e8.jpg

I gots to agree with UFO; Yamaha has flung this bike down an Ugly Tree, hitting every branch on the way down..... <_<