2009 FJR1300 info released!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What cruise control is easy to put on?
Just to be clear I said, "fairly easily". Try cruise control smitty site:fjrforum.com at Google and you will be able to enlighten yourself. Since it's now WAY off topic of this thread.....follow up elsewhere if you must.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forward thinkers? LOL
It's a motorcycle with an automatic tranny, two things that don't go together. But hey, it could be worse...you could be out on a cruiser or something. :ph34r:
Focus, smart ass! This is about the 09s, not your understanding -- or lack thereof -- of the AE.

For 2009, the FJR1300A receives an updated clutch to reduce lever pressure for rider comfort.
No color change is lame. Musta had a lot of black paint leftover.
------------------------------------------------

Okay...I've only been a member for a few days, but I've been reading this site for a while and have never seen any mention of clutch lever pressure. Is (was) that even an issue...Hello, is anybody out there??? :huh:

The clutch takes a lot more pressure to operate than any bike I've owned in years. Even my Buell Ulysses with a clutch cable has a lighter pull.

Think of all the money i just saved!!!!! :rolleyes:

Next tire change have the rims and plastic pc. under the tank painted and walla!!!!! *09*

Bet you can get it done for less than $591 smakers.

Mr. Admin. I just went to update my 2008 to a 2009 and it's not on the forum Yet.

Ime thinken a white bike for 2009. Maybe BMW white!!! :smilingsmiley:

Maybe I'll have to sell my 08 and buy on 09.

My wife won't even notice there's a new bike in the garage!

What would be nice to know....Are all problems fixed?...If so,I don't mind the extra 500....I was concerned by looking at the past prices that it was time to jump a 1000....It looks like every year 500,and every 2 yrs. 1000...With that thought in mind I'd say 09 buyers caught a break of 500....I like the black as well,never had a black car,or bike.Cars to hot,bikes not visible........but since they can't see bike anyway....What the hay......

IMHO the FJR clutch is firm & you'll notice it in stop/go traffic but it's not bad.

I'm not surprised at all by a price increase as the dollar isn't worth much these days. Factor in the inflation rate and it's close to 0.

Wasn't the Gen I was out for 5 yrs (2001 in Europe) before GenII (2006)? I expect similar wait to Gen III.

this is a little off topic but as far as color changes go, yamaha is making all it's dealers change out their blue yamaha signs with red ones. if the dealer has had their sign for less than 2 years, yamaha is paying for the change. maybe this might be an omen for a red FJR in 2010

I hear that one of the new innovations is that you can place an order for the FJR with $500 non-refundable in January...then wait until late September for delivery. It's a new thing called PDP...you'll love it as you watch everybody else riding their motorcycles while waiting for yours. Special.

...oh I'm sorry....flashback....

this is a little off topic but as far as color changes go, yamaha is making all it's dealers change out their blue yamaha signs with red ones. if the dealer has had their sign for less than 2 years, yamaha is paying for the change. maybe this might be an omen for a red FJR in 2010
Yes...they're also changing the letters as well. The Y for an H, the A for an O, ....

Yes...they're also changing the letters as well. The Y for an H, the A for an O, ....
ummm team yamaha used to be red quite a few years ago.

The clutch takes a lot more pressure to operate than any bike I've owned in years. Even my Buell Ulysses with a clutch cable has a lighter pull.

Really? I never thought so. Always seemed fine to me. :)

Seriously trying to figure out the whole lack of color options still. Hell, I wouldn't even mind seeing the Desert Sand color they have in Europe (Greece? Spain?) or something. Not that it's like a deal breaker or anything for someone...just puzzling is al.

Black is purdy when it's clean.

Thanks Mami Yami for playing right into my plan to replace the 2007 with 110,000 miles on her, in 2010 with a metallic red or Yamaha Blue FJR with factory cruise control, serviceable rear suspension and 1400 cc of power.

I wonder if the clutch can be put on the '07. I'm starting to get the old arthritis and the hand is hurtin'.

Hurm.. matching underseat panel color? Black wheels? Where have I seen THAT before?!?

side.jpg

At least it makes my job easy!

banner06.jpg

09MS_YZFR1_yel_S1_033945e8.jpg
I gots to agree with UFO; Yamaha has flung this bike down an Ugly Tree, hitting every branch on the way down..... <_<
I like the short tail ala the Triumph speed triple, but the mufflers totally ruin any chance it had. And what's with the aliens come from Quexelatiliton 7 to eat all human babies front end?

Just my personal preference but I bought a leftover 07A because I did not like black. Needless to say I will not be tempted to update to the 09. We sure had a lot of hype about the 09 and now some are already starting the talk about the 2010 model. Personally I think I will just go out and ride my old 07 and keep that smile on my face. I owned one black car and it got dirty again before I could even get it out of the driveway. And on black it really shows.