2009 FJR1300 info released!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't particularly care for stripes; "not that there's anything wrong with it".

A good design will look good no matter what the color; as for stripes, they can be added, per preference.

So..........black wheels, black fuel tank trim piece, different fairing sticker, and a reduced effort clutch. All that for a $591 (4%) price increase.
Whoopee!

How anti-climatic. Let the forum fodder begin for real!

A person that can afford 14,000 isn't gonna have any second thoughts about 14,591.......Hell, this bike is only the best thing to come down the pike after the invention of gun powder. Eye wonder how much BMW, Honda, Kawi and the others are going up this year.....And don't even mention Tha Motor Company

...I guess I'm gonna have to update the FJR Comparo Matrix by adding another column....that's almost identical to 2008. Ho-hum. :whistling:
FYI, the FJR Model Comparison Matrix with 2009 data.

I've also added a narrative addition to show how the marketing type literature has changed over time. ...I'm still massaging that part....as many of the websites with the data don't exist anymore...so it's important it get captured somewhere I think. ;)

I really like my Black 08 but I do wish there was some choice involved.

Red, pearlesant white, or some other interesting colors would sell, sell, sell.

I think they're scared that people won't buy a hotter color. I believe they're way off on that logic.

2010 should be a hell of a bike. I'm sure that's why the no change philosophy.

I like black bikes, but somehow, the '09 looks... cheap. No contrasting trim in front of the seat, and/or the piece under the seat that has 'FJR'. And black wheels on a sport-tourer? I'm happy with my silver '07 (with clutch). Wish I had waited on the '08, since I couldn't use my bike for months due to the altitude sickness, and it has better looking wheels and silver trim (right?), but the '09 is too much black for me. Glad to know I basically have the same bike still. Am sure '10 will change for sure. And Honda's ST1300 is LONG overdue a makeover as well. Suzuki is the only Japanese manufacturer missing a true sport-tourer. Later.

JC

LAME!!!Where's RED I say????
maybe they are saving red for the big Gen III 1400 release? i think that would be an excellent marketing idea. a whole new bike and finally....Red!
That's exactly what they did with the FZ1 ...whole new bike, and finally in red.

I'll be in BIG trouble if they do come through next year.

My wife says before I can add another bike one has to go! :angry2:

-Roger-

Ooops ! DP

(just tryin' to get my post numbers up so I'll look like an official member when I do get my FJR someday ...LOL)

Last edited by a moderator:
fjr13002009.jpg

I like this one...posted on Faster and faster as supose to be the 09............
Wow, I'm with you. I like that color combination. It adds a little bit of a sporty edge without being over the top.

Cheers,

Joe
It's a tip of the hat to the 1992 FJ 1200. Colour scheme is very similar and I have to say my old FJ was one of my favorite styled bikes ever.