2009 Iron Butt Rally - Official Daily Reports

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be hitting the road here is a few hours, bound for Santa Ana.

I am going to provide updates to tcfjr between now and the Finish, and he will be updating this thread in my absence.

Now to go pack up this beast below, and start heading south....

right_side.jpg

Didn't know this leg had any Bonii in the Carolinas...?
Yeah, I have no idea why Chris Whitmore ("WIT", riding a FJR1300, incidentally) is showing a SPOT hit over there.... might be spurious, might not be, I dunno.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I have no idea why Chris Whitmore ("WIT", riding a FJR1300, incidentally) is showing a SPOT hit over there.... might be spurious, might not be, I dunno.....

Any idea when competitors might be passing through the Denver area? Assuming they do pass through that particular area in North America. Assuming one can admit there would be competitive motorcycle riding in North America this week. ;)

No, I do not.

I do not have (nor want to have) the Leg 2 Bonus List yet... I have no idea when and where the boni are for Leg 2, other than what has already been published by the IBA, this map of Leg 2 boni:

Leg2Boni.jpg

Looks like Alex is moving again?

Last report was that the RE-5 died in Dubuque, IA, and his SPOT(AFH) is now showing northwest of Waterloo!!!

I know the RE-5 is dead, but he is still going hopeless as I understand he bought a GL1200 site unseen to continue onward.

Maybe he dropped his lucky rabbits foot (or his SPOT tracker) in the parking lot in Spartanburg and is going back to get it... :blink:

...... I NEED SPOT ICONS! :p
This is all I can provide.... snapshots in time only.
Hey! Thanks WC! Now you (or someone else is fine) just keep posting those screengrabs quicker (maybe every minute or so) :rolleyes:

and that should satiate my need for slow moving icons... :yahoo:

Thanks again!

p.s. ...dang...someday I hope to take a tour through a former house of prostitution.....

Surely Dealey Plaza figures in as a "crime scene" bonus spot I am guessing. I wonder what the one in Big Bend is.

...... I NEED SPOT ICONS! :p
This is all I can provide.... snapshots in time only.
Hey! Thanks WC! Now you (or someone else is fine) just keep posting those screengrabs quicker (maybe every minute or so) :rolleyes:

and that should satiate my need for slow moving icons... :yahoo:

Thanks again!

p.s. ...dang...someday I hope to take a tour through a former house of prostitution.....
every 10 mins would be ok. that's ok, by employeer is very greatful for the blackout.

Looks like a small swarm headed for Williston. Matt is north of I94 probably on hwy 16 but is he going north toward Williston or south. Dang, gota leave it alone and get tot work.

Thanks WC for a tasty morsel.

Matt Watkins is the furthest west of any IBR rider, he's deep into Montana, and appears to be now turning south.

Jerry White is still in North Dakota.

NMdcporter is near Hays, Kansas.

Davo is still north of Kansas City.

Marbach is near the Oklahoma/Kansas border.

I will be hitting the road here is a few hours, bound for Santa Ana.
right_side.jpg
tri-villages to Santa Annie .....that's not even 1000milesI sure hope you plan to take a long-way adventure as you is going to look like a real pussy compared to the miles these competitors are putting on. You might even qualify for DCarver's CBA sign-up sheet.

BTW, a few burners on the road and many more congregating around the perimiter ......so keep that in mind if your route takes you by Doobie Lane.

Matt Watkins is the furthest west of any IBR rider, he's deep into Montana, and appears to be now turning south.

I'm sensing an "In Cold Blood" bonus.

Just a quick note about Skooter. He managed to loose his right glove somewhere on the road last night. I'm heading to his house in a bit to grab his old pair of gloves. When I got off the phone with is roomate his comment to me was "Good luck finding it! He's got a lot of shit piled up!!" This otta be fun...

BTW, a few burners on the road and many more congregating around the perimiter ......so keep that in mind if your route takes you by Doobie Lane.
Because there are many Burners already in place, and more streaming toward the Playa, I will be avoiding the normally excellent HWY 447 on the way down this time, sadly enough.

I'm sensing an "In Cold Blood" bonus.

Sorry to hi-jack the thread, but such a bonii would be a bit close to home. The eldest daughter, Eveanna (Clutter) Jarchow, whom had already married and moved away with her husband when the murders were committed, is a close family friend. I grew up with her son, Tracy, and daughter, Nancy (whom is named after Eveanna's baby sister who was one of the family members killed). For as cynical and hardened as our society has become since the Clutter murders occurred in '59, I think we still find the murder of the Clutter family to be particularly horrifying to this day (though we may have Truman Capote to thank for that...). [insert chill down spine....]

I now return you to your irregularly scheduled IBR updates... :blink: