2011 IBR - The Inside View

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
114 User viewing this thread!

Darrin Hicks was that rider that made it under the wire.
Cool. So inferring your statement, I guess we can expect a number shuffle in the morning.
Correct.

Also.... Rider #184 was the FJR rider I was referring to earlier - Cameron Brister.

Rider #152 was Darrin Hicks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm relaying Tom's daily reports to my STi forum (with all © credits intact) like I did in 2009. There's a growing list of people monitoring the thread there, too.

Until 2009 few (if any) knew what the IBR was. It got a lot of enthusiastic followers who learned a lot about how the IBA does rallies. Most of these folks do the show-and-shine deal and often don't drive outside of their home state. The IBR is a whole 'nother animal to a lot of them. I posted a little about the tension of following 184 tonight and the viewership even toward the end was fun to watch grow. It wasn't anything near 114 viewers but even those few on a straight up car forum is a big deal.

This is nuts. It's like being in the edge of my seat for a chess tournament, fer Christ sakes!

Well done to all so far!!! :clapping: :clapping:

Wow..... just got done talking to a 4-Corners player about their wild adventure getting Madawaska... the moose in the road, freshly splatted by a Peterbilt, steam still rising from the twitching carcass.... the cavity searches from the Canadians when coming back across the border... they even forced the rider to remove their boots and searched inside them! - the exasperation with the massive second guessing whether going for the 4-Corners bonus was correct or not..... the Sleep Bonus was the only time they saw a hotel during this leg, otherwise.... combat naps at the Iron Butt Motel... for the entire Leg.

Hard-core.

And I do mean.... HARD-CORE!

114 User viewing this thread!Darrin Hicks was that rider that made it under the wire.
Cool. So inferring your statement, I guess we can expect a number shuffle in the morning.
The number shuffle is already in place, it appears. 887 is now 152, 512 is 394 (easy to see because their flags are still out in the hinterlands where we last saw them); and a new one has popped up -- 719 over near Rochester. Someone sent an OK message, but impossible to determine when. Is that a rider arriving very late?

Greetings all, I just registered for this thread. :)

My productivity is shot for this week, for sure. I'm not a LD rider, but I spend my vacations riding cross country. I've got nothing but respect for these riders and I'm loving the inside view from warchild and the others. Keep up the great reporting!

Just checked into a hotel room, uploaded the photos I took today at the Checkpoint here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/mdisher/IBRNYCheckpoint1

Iggy was riding in to get his check point so I asked for a TWN Salute:

DSC_1175.JPG

Things I learned.

Meese (Hyder Rider) allegedly also got the upper north east of the 4 corners. (though he could be posturing only Warchild knows for sure and he's likely not saying ;)

Everyone pretty much agreed they were riding for 4th place, that all the Hyder riders have the first leg knock out punch, or at least they feel that way. Consensus of the ones I talked to didn't *think* capitol values would change but they did feel like they would be other boni options.

Harrisburg, on leg one was the largest capitol bonus at 1000, all others were less. But if that maybe posted already, I haven't had a chance to review the last 36 hours on the forum.

I'm relaying Tom's daily reports to my STi forum (with all © credits intact) like I did in 2009. There's a growing list of people monitoring the thread there, too.

Until 2009 few (if any) knew what the IBR was. It got a lot of enthusiastic followers who learned a lot about how the IBA does rallies. Most of these folks do the show-and-shine deal and often don't drive outside of their home state. The IBR is a whole 'nother animal to a lot of them. I posted a little about the tension of following 184 tonight and the viewership even toward the end was fun to watch grow. It wasn't anything near 114 viewers but even those few on a straight up car forum is a big deal.
Bounce... Where's your STi forum link.

I might have some questions.

Meese (Hyder Rider) allegedly also got the upper north east of the 4 corners.
Really.... he said that, did he... interesting. :whistle:

Shoulda got a photo of Meese's face.... bet he looks like crusty dog extrusions, curled in a heap... :lol:

I've noticed my SPOT will not send a tracking signal while moving at highway speeds, at least not on the regular 15min per signal schedule. Generally it'll send one when I slow down for an off-ramp, or stop at a stop sign or light.

Good morning folks, anyone know why the Spotwalla is not updating ? I'd post a screen shot but not sure how to do that lol
You have probably noticed that it's updating now. They did not get the bonus pack for leg 2 until 4AM or after, so they spent a bit of time planning. Or maybe Jason built in a little more Spotwalla delay.

It's about 6:30am and there is only about 20 bikes left in the lot. Some could be visitors like mine. But I would think not to many.

The weather here is a little damp. Hope they ride out of it. I'm sure they have all had enough wet!

Status
Not open for further replies.