2011 IBR - The Inside View

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Cameron Brister, who we were following last night was a DNF with "0" points. Some of the mid pack peeps put in big miles without many points so guess some of their points won't count until the final tally probably. I hope Meese and peek have bodies of iron to go with their butts since all they have done may take a toll.

doctorj

Someone please post a photo of Meese - I need to see what hammered horsecock really looks like! :crazy:

Holy shit, Meese rode 2,000 miles farther than the lowest mileage rider in the field. The man is insane. He avg'd somewhere round 55 mph start to finish. :dribble:

Brister is not DNF, he just accumulated more penalties than points. Click his name to see the scorecard details.

Someone please post a photo of Meese - I need to see what hammered horsecock really looks like! :crazy:
I am sure Hobart got some fine Meese beef jerky photos... the pics of Meese and all others on the Scorecards were taken during registration - before the Start.

Can you identify the rider that did Hwy 12 Lolo pass on the first leg? He's my hero! lol
Doug Barrett and Chris Ogden indicated via check-in email that they were intending to do a little sightseeing on their ride and take Lolo Pass.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I click on the Allens' scorecards, they both have 2959 points, yet on the rider standings chart they show 2524 points. If the scorecard results for leg 1 are correct, this would move them up to 40-41 place, a big advancement from their current 50-51 place.

Franks and Beans!

Got to chuckle at a couple of the photos on the scorecards. Two riders posed as if they had access to a time machine and mugged based on their results after Leg One. Meese has that crazyman face you'd expect from someone that rode balls out the way he did. Killer. Then poor Cameron - just exactly the mug you'd make if you just knew you were going to dick it up your receipts like that. I definitely feel for him - hella stressful last hour getting in, crazy luck on the light traffic on that last hour, too. Heroic rides, all of them.

Props on the fantastic story coming together, here. By a lot, this is the best place to follow this rally. Too, FJRForum is a great place to meet some folks who have done some INSANE LD stunts that won't ever be announced with a backing plate. ;)

Holy shit, Meese rode 2,000 miles farther than the lowest mileage rider in the field. The man is insane.
Well, like I say, probably should try to draw to many meaningful conclusions off of Leg One... too many variables are unknown to us.

The current top three could fall significantly this next Leg, if they are fried from Leg One (which one might assume is a reasonable guess).

This ones I am watching are those front-runners right under the Hyder plyers.... Jewell, Sakala, Loftus, Kirsten, Coons, Crane... these and others could easily move up next Leg.

And there are a number of folks who are currently mid-pack or lower who are on track to score the 4-Corners bonus, so we won't know how they flesh out until Ontario.

Still way early in the game....

Soon, I'll have to stop spending every free moment on this thread, and start prepping the Hayabusa for the 1000-mile dash to the Finish Line next Wednesday evening. I am scoring for Hobart there.

Brister is not DNF, he just accumulated more penalties than points. Click his name to see the scorecard details.
Bummer, he lost receipts for three states, and had problems with receipts (missing city/state/date/time/odo) on two others. Details can't be overlooked in the IBR if you expect to be counted as a finisher. BTW, the rules allow for a missing state receipt if the IBR staff can ascertain that you did in fact go through a state by looking at other states you visited (ie lost WA receipt but we know you were in WA since the rally started there).

Franks and Beans!

Got to chuckle at a couple of the photos on the scorecards. Two riders posed as if they had access to a time machine and mugged based on their results after Leg One. Meese has that crazyman face you'd expect from someone that rode balls out the way he did. Killer. Then poor Cameron - just exactly the mug you'd make if you just knew you were going to dick it up your receipts like that.
Actually, these Scorecard photos were taken when they were still fresh, during registration, two days before the start. :D

Sorry to ask a dumb question here, folks, but how are the rest bonuses calculated and more importantly, verified?

Actually, these Scorecard photos were taken when they were still fresh, during registration, two days before the start. :D

In future IBRs, it would be funny if someone could take photos at the start, and at the scoring table for each leg. THAT would provide alot of comedy for the observers (most importantly ;) )...and for the riders themselves after the IBR is done...whenever they get over their fatigue, sleep deprivation, and post IBR buzzkill letdown.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.