2011 IBR - The Inside View

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spotwalla is refreshing so slowly that I'm gonna have to take up nail biting real soon here. I keep hoping 887 turned of his/her SPOT and will suddenly appear at the CP, and that 184 will refreshto show he/she is halfway through the upcoming New York section of 90. :unsure:
Your wish for 184 was just answered :)

He is still calculating at 20 mins to spare

GO! GO! GO! Get that FJR rollin!

Iggie snagging his 1088 bonus points at CP1 https://utah1088.com/blog1/?p=643#comment-133 now to make it back...

This is more nerveracking than riding in the damn thing!
when riding the rally each rider is definitely out of the overall loop compared to those left behind. 11 (long) days alone inside your helmet without anyone else in there with you is its own challenge.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've tried monitoring the NYSTA traffic cams along I-90 but they refresh every 10 seconds and 184 could pass through while awaiting a refresh and not be seen.

Traffic cams show VERY light traffic on I-90.

John Young on his Triumph Trident at Cheektowaga....

smugshot2376632-m.jpg

google says 1 hour, 13 minutes from Westfield, NY to Cheektowaga.....it's gonna be close!!

Go 184!

"Invariably, there is at least one motorcycle in every rally that is considered to be in what is affectionately referred to as the “hopeless class.” This year, that honor goes to a 1975 Triumph Trident ridden by John Young from the United Kingdom. Members of the Tech Inspection team have been placing bets on how far the Triumph is going to make it. Some are betting that it‟s going to be out before Checkpoint 1. Others are more specifically betting that it won‟t make it out of Seattle. "

The above quote was from Tom Austin's report on Saturday 18th June… I guess there's a few disappointed folks out there lol!

nb it's a 1969 Triumph, NOT 1975.

I've tried monitoring the NYSTA traffic cams along I-90 but they refresh every 10 seconds and 184 could pass through while awaiting a refresh and not be seen.

Traffic cams show VERY light traffic on I-90.
Mrs Twigg is cursing you .....

"That guy should never have said it was possible to see the Traffic Cams"

as she scans from camera to camera .... lol

The road is very wet.

Way to Iggy! He looks like, what was that term? - "rusty can of used ****"!!! :lol: But he looks HAPPY!

184 shows to be just south of Silver Creek with about 40 mins left to a DNF. Go man, GO!

I've heard of "the rock" but never seen it. what'd iggie do to earn it?

East bound I90 at Hamburg shows the traffic to be reasonable but it also appears to be damp.

img4ml43624e.jpg

184 shows to be just south of Silver Creek with about 40 mins left to a DNF. Go man, GO!

40 mins.....38 miles.

Go, go, go!!

No clue. It's usually given by Steve to the person that asks the dumbest-ass question at the rider meeting.

40 mins.....38 miles.

Go, go, go!!
Not that the Feejer can't do it but he is going to have to kick some serious ass to get there in time.

Keep going #184

Ride like the wind. :clapping:

Status
Not open for further replies.