2011 IBR - The Inside View

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about that "T_H"? Snagged Cheyenne, and now looks to be headed to Denver. Wonder what the points values are for those capitals? Got a lot of ground to cover to go north still however.
Yep -- I was following DP until he seemingly turned off his SPOT west of SLC. He spent the night in Wells, NV* to click off that state, too. I'm thinking he's with, in front of, or slightly behind T_H, doing the same thing. Tha's why I asked about SLC, Denver and Cheyenne as first leg capitals a page or so ago. Guessing that both have Pierre and Bismark in front of them, but I believe they've got to pick up a receipt in Montana yet.

* And seeing that NV stop last night was when I started wondering "WTF is he doing, and where's he going?" When I saw him almost at SLC this morning, I kinda thought that confirmed my guess. Would love to know the bonii amounts on these capitols.

QUESTION: Is there any problem with our observing apparent routes or speculating on the net here? Don't want to mess anything up for anyone, but this is too fascinating not to play along in cyber space.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there anyway we can ID the riders on SpotWalla?

Interesting, since from what I wrote down yesterday "T_H" did not go to Olympia in WA state. Just picking some up as he/she goes I suppose.

How about 30,000 plus hits on the Spotwalla page in the last 24 hours. WOW!!
Olympia probably wasn't a whole lot of points due to it's location. On I5 for a southern route, and so close to the start of the rally. I'd skip it too if it put me too much off the time to pick up some larger points elsewhere.

And now it shows "T_H" as back in Cheyenne. Appears to have only gone deep enough into CO to get a receipt. Don't blame them. I wouldn't want to dive into Denver at lunch time either.

Is there anyway we can ID the riders on SpotWalla?
Here is the word from the higher up's:

I just wrote down the designations for the riders going to certain combinations, so I should know which ones are heading where in general.
And people please keep any alleged real names out of this thread please. They do not need to be posted on the Internet for everybody to see. ;)

Thanks.

The Management

I was just there last month. It has a Native American trading post and food trailer and thats about it. IIRC, there isn't anything on the CO and NM side of the monument. Not much else around there either, a long way to a "computer generated" receipt. Would be interesting to get a clairification
There is no way to get a computerized receipt at the actual "four corners" location. Nearest spots are a gas station/truck stop at Towaoc CO and a small store with one fuel pump (get receipt in the store) in Montezuma Creek UT. AZ and NM area nearby and easy. If anybody is interested HERE is a link to my 48++ ride from last year. Start was in Mexicali MX and finish in Hyder AK.

Here's a pic of my SPOT tracks of the 4-corners area.

daee3fae.jpg

I think MEJ is on the right path. Currently on the base route, headed towards Bismarck. I'd bet he/she hits Bismarck, then heads south to Pierre then across Minnnnneeesssooootta to Madison and down from there.

That's what I'd do anyway speaking from my highly knowledgeable armchair quarterback position.

So were the exact locations of the state capitol building given the riders on a flash drive, or did they have to plot them out themselves?

is it a problem, advisable, or allowed to physically ride out to watch or visit riders

I'm mainly wondering if us in the audience could learn of a checkpoint at a point to visit it

if it happens to be within reasonable riding distance, go there to watch the drama first hand.

Looking for advice on this point pleeeeze...

(I'm in Nawlins' and the published route some/most might take is close by in two directions)
major checkpoints are already announced and are okay. stand well back and park out of the way unless specifically asked otherwise. Showing up at bonus locations is not a good idea and has caused untold problems for riders (Dollywood).

So were the exact locations of the state capitol building given the riders on a flash drive, or did they have to plot them out themselves?
I'm hoping that info is easy enough to come by that it's not needed. Most likely it is printed in the lovely book that has been provided to them, which they are using to keep track of their adventure.

Easy to come by, but if it was given to the riders already in a format so they could import it in to their GPS, it would save time, not that they didn't have more time to plan than just about any IBR in the past.

major checkpoints are already announced and are okay. stand well back and park out of the way unless specifically asked otherwise. Showing up at bonus locations is not a good idea and has caused untold problems for riders (Dollywood).
Too lazy ta look up the rules...

There might be fellers ridin through, close by...

I'm curious as to how much help they can get if they have trouble?

I'm hoping that info is easy enough to come by that it's not needed. Most likely it is printed in the lovely book that has been provided to them, which they are using to keep track of their adventure.
The long/lat in two different formats for each state capital was both given to them on the flash-drive, and it's in their Passport books.

dale & dennis I completely enjoyed and was elated to work for

dale and all the other volunteers. It was great seeing all the riders and old friends. I am watching here for the updates. hope to see many at finish.

If it's a breakdown or mishap, we hope you help them as much as possible. Of course, "help" in most any other form - leading them through the city, or routing assistance, etc, that, obviously, is not allowed.

But if they run out of gas, have a flat tire, experience mechanical breakdown, etc, then... then by all means, help them as much as feasible.

Also on tap are the usual Sleep Bonuses, but this year, you actually obtain more points by sleeping *longer*.... one point per minute of sleep: minimum of 240 points (2 hr sleep) up to a maximum of 480 points (4 hour sleep).
One point per minute of sleep or two?

If it's a breakdown or mishap, we hope you help them as much as possible. Of course, "help" in most any other form - leading them through the city, or routing assistance, etc, that, obviously, is not allowed.

But if they run out of gas, have a flat tire, experience mechanical breakdown, etc, then... then by all means, help them as much as feasible.
Yeah, I mean helpin fix shit....

So as long as their VIN is the same?

Jus axin...

My dream is to weld up broken shit in the middle of the night.....

Mount up that PR2 over in the corner....

Dang...

I'm all worked up too soon....

I don't know who "cdg" is, but they are going to have to kick it into high gear.
The riders who went to Alaska I hope are back in the states. They will have some serious miles to chew on to make New York. Hope they all make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.